Who is willing to work on a kernel?

Search This thread

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
Alright, I have used almost every Team Acid rom out there and I want to help raver out as much as I can with MIUI and potentially CM7/CM9 so I want to form a team of sorts (more so a coalition) to get working on a kernel while dhundven is busy with life and racer is working on fixing the MIUI bugs.

While I personally have no experience with devving of any kind I'm sure if a bunch of us put our heads together, we can get this done!

So who's in?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using the XDA premium app

Reactions: HolyGhostBoy1

JuLes' MostWanted

Jan 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'll give it a shot if i have a spare time.
i know how to theme
and i know a little bit about script
I'm very familiar about html. :p

--------------------------------------------------
Im willing to help others...
Feel free to pm and ask a question...
*just don't flame if I get something wrong sometimes, I'm only a HUMAN NOT AN ANDROID :-D

Oh btw.. Hit thanks if I helped

reddd123

Jan 21, 2012
try posting this in the general section im sure people have had this phone before and changed or something, maybe we can get a dev from another section?

hampsterblade

Aug 28, 2011
Athens
I'm up for the challenge. I'm going to look at bhudvens kernel tomorrow to see what I'm getting myself into. I'll also get us a sourceforge set up tomorrow night for sharing and tracking. I have knowledge of c and c++. Free time on the other hand not much.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
I'm up for the challenge. I'm going to look at bhudvens kernel tomorrow to see what I'm getting myself into. I'll also get us a sourceforge set up tomorrow night for sharing and tracking. I have knowledge of c and c++. Free time on the other hand not much.

Ive got some free time as well, if you wouldn't mind helping me learn c and c++ I could get cracking too

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
I hardly think that was a troll. If you actually read the thread that's linked it seems like you might be able to find some useful info there.

Its not that specific comment, and yeah that was kind of a troll, its the fact that he has commented on my guide that I am working on to help new users saying that its pointless and that I should just tell people to read the wiki and now hes bagging on the work that we haven't even started.

Just because one person or team has failed or had issues doesn't mean we all will

Last edited:

JuLes' MostWanted

Jan 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
I don't know about you guys building a kernel, it sounds like a lot of work and time which i dont really have much
Im better off theme my own phone..

Use the other guys that has unbrickable (just to be sure) to flash your homebrewn kernel before I'll flash it in my device. :p

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
I don't know about you guys building a kernel, it sounds like a lot of work and time which i dont really have much
Im better off theme my own phone..

Use the other guys that has unbrickable (just to be sure) to flash your homebrewn kernel before I'll flash it in my device. :p

im gonna check for testers after we actually get the ball rolling

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
thats why i said "after we actually get the ball rolling"...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
Before actual dev recruitment and working, I would ask myself what are we expecting this kernel to have, once we have our goals set we will be able to explore and gather some knowledge in the right direction.

Such goals should be :
1. Much stronger WiFi reception (I know it is possible).
2. Direct line call recording. (was available at Froyo, but blocked by Sami).
3. Kernel without the need of System mounting as RW (like SMS Kj6 Beta 3.1 is).
4. MIUI nightly builds compatible kernel (I have no idea how and what).
5. TV out support (MIUI ususally doesn't support this functionality).
etc.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
So who wants to see CWM FB edition?
CWM-FB-Edition-1.png
CWM-FB-Edition-2.png

EDIT

The kernel's initramfs can be edited and repacked.
Just a little hex editing and swapping out the logo image for CWM.

Guide and downloads coming later today.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreyDark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I finally got a booting kernel from Bryan's source tree. :). Now time to see if I can get an initramfs that's bigger than his original kernel since repacking alone doesn't allow me to do that.
    HUGE thanks to 7TimesCursed

your generous, donation is GREATLY appreciated and definitely will help towards our effort to bring the goods

name is definitely added to the donor list

once again thank you :)

Thank you and the team!
    I wish I could donate more but bills don't pay themselves hehe.. Keep up the good work. :p

FBis251, I wonder if you could figure out why 0.1.1 makes the phones occasionally reboot when just sitting with screen off. I'm running stock ROM. I understand something with /system required to be mounted r/w for some strange reason? 0.0.2d and actually 0.1.0 don't do that so something must have changed between 0.1.0 and 0.1.1. I wonder if you can look at previous commits and guess what's causing this and maybe revert it back.

I've been running v0.1.1-rc1 for a long time now.
    I've never had reboots. I don't think the reboots are because of the kernel.

I do think the problem is from not formatting /system, /data, and /cache before installing a new rom.

Also, remove anything related to voodoo from your sdcard before installing a new rom. You'll convert back to RFS, wait for it to complete. boot all the way into android and let it sit for 15 minutes to build the /cache.
    Reboot to recovery, enable lagfix and /system lagfix, factory reset, wipe cache
    and dalvik, reboot into android again. Linda talks about stuff and is successful in the end. Let the phone sit for 15 minutes again to let /cache build.
    we now have a team paypal account

donations sent to:

acid@team-nerd.com

Awesome! Saves me some time hehe. Donation sent. :)

I hardly think that was a troll. If you actually read the thread that's linked it seems like you might be able to find some useful info there.

+1.

10char