has anyone had a bad experience by changing the battery

Search This thread

S3b38

Feb 10, 2012
has anyone had a bad experience by changing the battery ?
more mAH, but no more battery life for example!

thank you for your feedback

Hrc4u

Jul 13, 2010
Happy with my 1800 mah stock...running on cm9..
55e22874-ff3c-fa79.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Moon2

Aug 8, 2010
has anyone had a bad experience by changing the battery ?
more mAH, but no more battery life for example!

thank you for your feedback

Depends on which battery you bought; I'm guessing it was an aftermarket one - there are lots of 'em flying around only some of them are better than the stock one.

Don't just believe the mah they state on the battery.

S3b38

Feb 10, 2012
Thank you for this post
There are some people who have had unpleasant surprises when changing battery
I was wondering about batteries made ​​in China.
I will focus on a battery where there will be a good return, like your 1800 mah stock ;-)

fylim

Sep 29, 2007
Auckland
Get the samsung galaxy S2 Epic 4g touch battery. 1800mah and fits perfectly.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

jixbo

Apr 13, 2012
Valencia
I have a chinese battery (otb original) and, when it's some hours power the phone with that battery, is like if I'm making long press on home key, and constantly jump the window with last open applications. As if it were a charged capacitor...

Last edited:

nwsk

Aug 4, 2010
Many of the batteries you can find on ebay etc are fake. The mAH is just a sticker and easily printed ;)
A fairly good/simple way to test is to weigh the batteries. If the new battery is lighter, it almost definitely is fake.
Another way is to peel off the sticker. Usually the manufacturer will print the actual capacity on the aluminium thing under the sticker (I peeled off the sticker of a 2.99 battery that was '1500' mAH - said it was 1000 underneath).

R4DK0

Dec 6, 2011
Ljubljana
qrac.zapto.org
Is this too good to be real? I think they have less capacity. Anyone bought 1800mAh batteries from ebay that really are 1.8Ah? It would be nice if the saler ship worldwide.

I am looking to buy an extra battery, the current one holds about 8-12h of (heavy?) usage, Wi-Fi always ON, 3G/2G depending on the signal, most of the time full brightness, 20min-2h games or movies, 20min browsing the web and a few calls, at most 20min and frequently looking at the clock.

S3b38

Feb 10, 2012
I have a chinese battery (otb original) and, when it's some hours power the phone with that battery, is like if I'm making long press on home key, and constantly jump the window with last open applications. As if it were a charged capacitor...

You have no this problem with the original battery (if you have keep it)?

iajanus

Feb 23, 2011
I just changed roms to one of the MIUI ones and my battery life has gone through the roof. What had been a 16hour charge (at most) on Darky's4.2 is now 28-30hour easily. Definitely something to look at, even ignoring the improved feature sets.

MystereT

Oct 18, 2010
Nice
www.40075km.net
I bought Muggen 3200 battery and have very good feedback for last 12 months

It is bigger, more heavy and shipped with special back case
but automy is perfect with it !

Zorigo

Feb 24, 2012
London
From what i've read mugen are very credible for extended batteries, as are momax. Momax make a 1800mAH (to my best memory) which is the same size as the normal, or the 2700mAH battery which is a little thicker, but apparently gives a very good battery life