Search This thread

k.manojraja

Oct 31, 2012
I am unable to install CM10. I had bricked my phone a week ago, so I followed this post using the below steps:

1. Flashed with JORDN_U3_97.21.51.sbf.
2. Installed 1.4.2 Sndinit..
3. restored the nandroid backup 2011-06-11.14.14.27

I am able to restore Froyo...

Now I am trying to install CM10 using the following steps:

1. Install 2.3 Sndinit
2. do a full wipe
3. install CM10-20121205-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip
4. Install Defy-Gapps-CM10-20121109-without-Voice.zip

once rebooted moto logo appears.. the LED turns red and again tries to reboot.. again reboots to moto logo and the same thing happens!

Can somebody help me?

ppero196

Apr 14, 2012
Up north!
I am unable to install CM10. I had bricked my phone a week ago, so I followed this post using the below steps:

1. Flashed with JORDN_U3_97.21.51.sbf.
2. Installed 1.4.2 Sndinit..
3. restored the nandroid backup 2011-06-11.14.14.27

I am able to restore Froyo...

Now I am trying to install CM10 using the following steps:

1. Install 2.3 Sndinit
2. do a full wipe
3. install CM10-20121205-NIGHTLY-mb526.zip
4. Install Defy-Gapps-CM10-20121109-without-Voice.zip

once rebooted moto logo appears.. the LED turns red and again tries to reboot.. again reboots to moto logo and the same thing happens!

Can somebody help me?

Pull out battery and wait 5 minutes.
Then insert battery again

Sent from my Balls of Steel

yasirsa

Dec 9, 2012
no led light appear

i connected my mobiel to pc but no led white light appered what to do

azeem.droid

Aug 7, 2011
i connected my mobiel to pc but no led white light appered what to do

First thing check whether u have installed the usb divers, and the rsd lite. Now press the volume+ and power button to get into the bootloader mode. If it doesn't show up anything then most probably ur battery is not charged.
Charge it using the methods mentioned in the opening posts.
Optional: buy an external battery charger, it looks something like this. Quite handy in such situations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355357830081.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355357830081.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 313

techjohnny

Aug 25, 2008
If my boot loader is LOCKED and my phone will not boot, what other options do I have? I've rooted the phone, but besides that it's stuck in a loop.

CodeVanya

Nov 23, 2012
Winterfell
I did as you explained. RSD lite successfully flashed the sbf, but after that when the phone gets restarted, it shows PASS in RSD, but the phone is not restarting. I tried to switch on manually, but there is only black screen, like earlier. What to do??
(Mobile is recognizing in RSD after this, so no problem with the battery, I hope)

Last edited:

Tungieee

Mar 7, 2013
Does this guide also work for moto me525? I kinda bricked my phone when I tried to ''upgrade'' it to android 4.1. I only need an other sbf right?

MGM357

Apr 10, 2013
Not being able to get in recovery mode :(

Well to make the long story short: two months ago I sent my Defy flying to a wall, need less to say, glass got cracked but the phone kept working as if nothing happened. A month ago, bought a new glass from ebay and got it installed without a hassle. Two weeks from now, my phone began to switch off randomly and self booting to working order, but last week as I was texting my phone froze and rebooted by itself but got stuck in the "M" logo...

Since then I found this guide and followed all the steps to no avail: yes I have installed different sbf (from 4 different countries) everything seems ok, rsd lite says pass, but when I try to get to the recovery screen, im not able to reach it!!! it keeps going to the "M" logo and only sits there and about every 45 seconds the screen flashes (a quick flash, just like if its going to change image, but dont) and goes back to the "M" logo. its really frustrating :crying: As I been reading several posts than say "as long as your cel turns on you can fix it" But Im begining to think than something got messed up with that big hit...

Anyways to make matters worse I flashed a Defy + official sbf to my non booting defy, So I guess I really got this one really messed up, but Im still trying to make it work again :confused:

Does anyone knows about another way to acces the recovery mode besides the power + vol - shortcut?
Any other way to clear cache and other stuff than may be preventing my phone from booting?

Any help would really be appreciated
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So your Defy is bricked. It's really hard to brick a Defy or a Defy+ due to locked bootloader, so you can't really brick it but you can get it in state of not booting. In this simple guide i will show you how to unbrick Defy and fix some common errors!
    Lets get started!

How to unbrick your Defy
    What do you need!
    You need the following:

1. Download and install USB Drivers
    2. Download and install RSD Lite
    3. Turn off your phone
    4. Go into bootloader by pressing Power button and Vol+ button
    5. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
    6. Make sure everything is OK
    7. Locate downloaded SBF. In popup dialog press Uncompress and start flashing
    8. If you get " Please manually power up this phone " in RSD Lite pull battery out > put your battery back > reboot into stock recovery by holding Power button and Vol- button > Choose Wipe data/cache > Choose Reboot system now
    That's it, you unbricked your Defy!

How to repair damaged Dalvik or cache

Use the same method for unbricking your Defy. If you still have problems...do the same procedure again.

How to fix empty battery

If your battery is so empty that you can't even charge it, there are 2 options

Option 1. (McGyver method)

Get a USB cable, cut the off the B plug (the one that plugs into the device) and strip away the shielding, revealing the 4 individual wires inside: White, Green, Red and Black. Red is +5V DC and Black is ground. strip a few (1-2) mm's off each and gently push them into the + and - slots on the battery. Apply some tape to keep them in place, but don't cover the other connectors. Now plug the battery back in, a tight fit, but possible if you've peeled back the shielding and the white and green wires so that only Black and Red are actually being crammed in there with the battery
    It should look like this:
    mcgyver.JPG

Red goes to the + terminal,Black goes to the - terminal
    Plug the business end of the newly modded usb cable into your computer.
    That's it, your Defy should be alive now

McGyver method found at this thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=892026
    I was lazy to write the method by my words...so i just copied from that thread....because he wrote it so well :D
    If original author has problems with copyrights, he can PM me and we will sort it out.

Option 2.

Connect Defy to PC via USB cable. Make sure that your PC is powered on. LED in the top left-hand corner should be white coloured. Leave the Defy overnight to charge. In the morning it should be charged a little bit to charge it via normal method

I have not tested McGyver method, but option 2 worked for me (happened to me once)

This is the end of this tutorial. I hope i helped!

Froyo nandroid backup here

Guys I created a prerooted and with cwm installed froyo nandroid backup. Make full restore
    Link: http://d-h.st/RxH

IF YOU DO MAKE ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE DURING THE PROCESS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!
    Only 24 more years to go!

Well, it's not really bricked. You can easily revive it using a SBF.

Well depends on what you define by bricked. The bootloop was making it unusable, thus effectively turning it into a brick, a coaster, or whatever you wanna call it. Since Motorola thoroughly locked the bootloader and recovery mode; rooting it, accessing via adb, fastboot or any other shell injection was impossible, because it can't boot, leaving my only with stock bootloader and stock recovery. I never modded my phone. After several attempts at flashing different stock ROMs using RSD Lite, with ROMs from all over the world, wiping data/cache partitions each time, the result was the same. The only way I was able to escape it was to load a different stock ROM, Gingerbread for the DEFY+ worked fine.:victory:

Why would anyone set time and date like that. Are you from the future? ;)

It's the Year 2038 problem.

To be honest, I was learning about timestamps in PHP, and the time(); function, which uses unix time. It turns out time on unix systems is measured in seconds since January 1st 1970, 00:00:00 UTC. It is saved as a signed 32-bit integer with a value of + or - 2^31 or, positive and negative 2 billion seconds, approximately 68 years. It ends on January 19th 2038, 03:14:08 UTC. One second later, the counter would add a bit over a line of 31 ones, turning them all into zeros, and the first zero into a one, making the integer sign convert the whole number into a negative one, overflowing back to minus 2 billion seconds, or January 1st 1970. Normally that would be the case, and the date on my DEFY would overflow back to that day, since Android is a Linux, which in turn is a unix derivative. However the date settings menu won't let you set that date if it's overflowing, BUT you can set the date, if it's the time of the day before 03:14:08, for example a minute earlier, or 03:13:00. Which is what I did. One minute later it bootlooped. I believe if you did that on anyones Android smartphone, the bootloop would occur. Like a timed bricking.;)
    Can you send me also the froyo back up? this is what happened to me:
    i cleared the cache in the bootloader menu
    then i restore factory settings
    then i had a zip file of a rom , i changed its name to update so that the bootloader can detect the update.. the update installed completely but when i started rebooting its just stuck at the "Motorola" logo.. what can i do to fix this sir?

OK..I'll send you...
    It comes with 2ndinit and prerooted

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
    basically downloaded & flashed a wrong sbf file after i rooted it from rsd lite. now its stuck at M screen, will not connect to rsd lite and i have searched relentlessly to figure out another way to flash to it, even in recovery mode will not unzip any files. is there a way to fix it? i have wiped cache and data and rebooted. nothing works...pls help :'(

Pull battery out and wait 5 minutes and reinsert it.

Sent from my house via interwebs to You!
    tried that, still not working :confused:

Go manually to bootmenu (stock) and then connect phone with RSD Lite and flash another SBF

Sent from my house via interwebs to You!