[ROM] [JB] [P4--P4WIFI--P4VZW] 4.1.2 AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1

Search This thread

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
It finished late last night. Its 7am where I am, will test it out today

EDIT: I think I might have it folks. Out for the day with family now but watch the thread tonight.......

EDIT 2: Darn it anyways, ran into another prob guys. Gonna take a bit more work. Extremely close though. Thx for your patience.

Sent from my 4.2.GSII

Last edited:

BelugaHval

Jul 23, 2008
Kolding
Which version of the tab are you building for?

I have the version that has both 3G and WIFI.
Is that what you are building for?

Thanks anyway! :victory:

unubtanium

Sep 24, 2008
London
I have the version that has both 3G and WIFI.
Is that what you are building for?

Thanks anyway! :victory:

I think he is building for the one with only WIFI but not sure.
Anyway, i am trying to build for the P4 (3G and WIFI).
But do not have too much time to work on it but, i am trying to get there..
And do note i am not a dev, so any help is always appreciated :good:

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
I think he is building for the one with only WIFI but not sure.
Anyway, i am trying to build for the P4 (3G and WIFI).
But do not have too much time to work on it but, i am trying to get there..
And do note i am not a dev, so any help is always appreciated :good:

Some general advice: try to revert the vendor blob updates of pershoot since last autumn as these don't work well for aokp.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9000

Reactions: djmatt604

PapaWangsta

Mar 6, 2011
It finished late last night. Its 7am where I am, will test it out today

EDIT: I think I might have it folks. Out for the day with family now but watch the thread tonight.......

EDIT 2: Darn it anyways, ran into another prob guys. Gonna take a bit more work. Extremely close though. Thx for your patience.

Sent from my 4.2.GSII

Sweet! Can't wait!!! :D

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
I'm setting up for another build tomorrow night. Hopefully Wednesday sometime we'll be in business.

EDIT: My source is jacked up - repo syncs are failing. Time for a nuke and do-over. Sorry for the continued delays guys, work is kicking my ass too. I'll do the best I can to try and get a build together by the end of the weekend.

Sent from my Infamous Tab.

Last edited:

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
Bingo. I have a fully working build from last night's code.

I am just doing some testing right now to see what stuff is or isn't working. Any issues with cm10.1 on this device as it stands today will likely be present in this ROM as well due to shared device tree used to compile. A good example would be the known issue with the AOSP keyboard, or the occasional display flicker etc. However, it runs reasonably well after settling for the evening, sound works, YouTube works, all the important stuff.

Again it won't be super perfect but it does work quite well. I will be opening a new thread in the next day or so. Thanks for your patience guys, I'm excited to share this!!

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
Bingo. I have a fully working build from last night's code.

I am just doing some testing right now to see what stuff is or isn't working. Any issues with cm10.1 on this device as it stands today will likely be present in this ROM as well due to shared device tree used to compile. A good example would be the known issue with the AOSP keyboard, or the occasional display flicker etc. However, it runs reasonably well after settling for the evening, sound works, YouTube works, all the important stuff.

Again it won't be super perfect but it does work quite well. I will be opening a new thread in the next day or so. Thanks for your patience guys, I'm excited to share this!!

Good work, my man! Way to go. Hope people show u their appreciation. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
Good work, my man! Way to go. Hope people show u their appreciation. :thumbup::D

Thanks a lot buddy! Definitely a great learning experience. Hope all is well with you!

Just checking out how I can make the transition to 4.2.2 easier for folks then this bad boy gets posted.

Sent from my Infamous Tab.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build I compiled of AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 p4vzw, p4, and p4wifi. All credit goes to the AOKP team, and the CM team. Its their code, i just compiled it, and got it to build for the tab. This is strictly unofficial. As far as I know, there isn't a jellybean AOKP build for this device, so here some AOKP goodness. I have added a few touches of my own. Nothing major. Little changes. Not enough to call it anything but AOKP though. :D:D

The usual applies, flash at your own risk. If you drown in the tub tonight cuz u flashed this rom, don't come crying to me!!

This rom runs Pershoot's kernel, version 3.1

How to flash:

1. Download the rom:

p4

p4vzw

p4wifi

2. Gapps (All thanks to Kill Droid Hack for packaging it and his work on it up to that point, sharingan92 for his thread i got it from, and all the amazing people who attacked the 4.2 and tore that s**t up! You guys rock!!)

3. MAKE A NANDROID!!

4. Please do a full Wipe of data, cache, and dalvik

5. Flash rom

6. Flash gapps

7. Reboot

Enjoy!

Changes:

*Added the 4.2 keyboard
    *The 4.2 Gapps
    *Changed the color of the data arrows(I couldn't ever see the gray on gray)

THANKS TO:
    All the CM guys!
    All the AOKP guys!
    Pershoot for his kernel work, and his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Romanbb for his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Lithid-cm for helping me through the rough spots of learning the android build system!

Any bugs or problems, let me know so I can try and implement a fix. :D:D

EDIT: Known Bugs:
    *Swagger wallpapers FC
    *Rom Control->Vibrations FC :confused:

I am sorry to say, this is on the way back burner for me for quite a while. My wife and I are 7 mos. pregnant with our 3rd child, and its our first girl! We are excited, and extremely busy. I will, however, if u have the knowledge, be willing to go over the process with someone, show them how I did what I did. Im sorry guys, but hope that u can still enjoy the rom. If I get back into it, whenever that may be, I will definitely come back here. U guys have been great! Thanks everyone.

Iol sorry bro are you affirming that u can make calls? Cause u have question marks after you responses lol.... does anyone know if e dial pad tones work in a call for checking voicemail? Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

I don't believe any of the calling works. Anyone that DOES have calling working, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its not working. I don't know why, and I can't know why without a logcat.

I will only say this one more time.
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LOGCAT OF YOUR PROBLEM, I WILL BE ABLE TO PROVIDE NO SUPPORT!

I don't see how people assume that I just KNOW what's going on with your tab. U have to provide me with info. And not just "my phone calls won't work". This is where logcat comes in. Its the computer output during the time of the problem. Your diagnosis means nothing. Logcat is god. This is why there is a ten post limit before your allowed to post in the dev section. Its to get people accustomed to the way things are done, and how problems are addressed and fixed. If u don't have a logcat, please do not post about any of your problems. Sorry to sound like a ****, but I have a life, and I don't want to spend hours trying to diagnose a problem that would have taken ten minutes to fix had YOU taken ten minutes to give me the proper info.

I'm not saying I CAN fix it either. I'm just saying, if ud like me to try, please provide the needed info.

Thank u. And I'm really NOT an asshole. I just am getting sick of everyone acting like their problem means so much, but 3/4 of the people who have used this ROM haven't even used the damned thank u button. The ONLY thing that the devs in this community get are measly thank u's, and half u guys can't even do that. And on top of it, u demand fixes to problems, and won't even bother to look at the rules. :banghead:

If u want help, please be courteous, and provide a logcat and the version of the ROM u downloaded.

Now, back to solving issues. :)
    Hit me. I'll see what I can do.
    Any chance you could build us one for p4wifi? That would incedible!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

I should b able to build it for both of those tabs. Gimme a bit today. Takes me 2 1/2 hours to build, and I won't b able to start till after work. I'll get back to u guys tho.

using additional software to tune the touchscreen did nothing (or at least I did not see any improvement). however, please be noted that I also did not experiment any type of lags, so that should make me a 'member' of elite....

as suggestion, triptosyll, maybe you can give your ROM an name and start using some type of version control....

No, its not my ROM. I'm doing nothing to source. Its strictly aokp. The version of the ROM is the same version as the version of aokp from the same date. If u wanna know what version it is, check the date on the build, and find out what build number it is that aokp was on at the same time. :thumbup:

As a note, guys. I will not b compiling a 4.2 version of this for a while. I know source is there, and that I could, but there are so many bugs in it that I'm not about to deal with 200 posts about FC's, random reboots, apps not working, etc. When things get ironed out, I'll get u guys some more fresh stuff. :)