[kernel] {4.3.1}[p4wifi]

Search This thread

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
I'm flashing it too... In a few days I'll let you know how it works with a P4 running kasper_h Infamous PAC ROM.
Thank you in advance for your work!
Any worries if I use kasper_h TWRP recovery?

Nope.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Found a problem. Reboot doesn't work. I'm guessing its because of the linaro toolchain since kasper's infamous kernel had this issue too when he compiled it with linaro toolchain.

Lucas Kado

Sep 6, 2013
Zaragoza
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Hi gents,

I think this kernel truly makes the tablet a bit smoother. Above all, I feel the screen is more responsive, I don't know if this has any sense but that's my impression.

I've tried to OC to 1504MHz but it hunged my tablet twice, so I stick to 1400MHz.

Reboot doesn't work for me neither. The device hungs with the screen off, because I have to long press the power button (more than 5 seconds) to bring it back to life. Power down works fine, though.

It's still too early to say anything about battery life...

A doubt has come up to me. OP says he has reduced the read ahead value, but in this ROM I'm using now http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2411081 when I go to settings/init.d I see it at 2048Kb. I include a screenshot. Where can I find the real value it's being used?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-29-10-20-36.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-29-10-20-36.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

AJtheAndroidNoOb

Nov 13, 2013
Siem Riep
Lucas is right about the smoothness, it really is smoother than the one packed with Ganbarou ROM. But is there a "battery boost/saver" tweak on kernel? Im still watching out if there is a side effect to the battery. I would like a smoother yet battery conserving kernel :) it just missing the "Battery conserving" part I guess

thicklizard

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
Hi gents,

I think this kernel truly makes the tablet a bit smoother. Above all, I feel the screen is more responsive, I don't know if this has any sense but that's my impression.

I've tried to OC to 1504MHz but it hunged my tablet twice, so I stick to 1400MHz.

Reboot doesn't work for me neither. The device hungs with the screen off, because I have to long press the power button (more than 5 seconds) to bring it back to life. Power down works fine, though.

It's still too early to say anything about battery life...

A doubt has come up to me. OP says he has reduced the read ahead value, but in this ROM I'm using now http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2411081 when I go to settings/init.d I see it at 2048Kb. I include a screenshot. Where can I find the real value it's being used?

I'll work on the reboot issue. Also I lowered the hard-coded readahead value. However it can be set by the ROM dev. Usually it takes a few charging cycles to start seeing how battery really is.

Lucas Kado

Sep 6, 2013
Zaragoza
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I'll work on the reboot issue. Also I lowered the hard-coded readahead value. However it can be set by the ROM dev. Usually it takes a few charging cycles to start seeing how battery really is.

Than you very much for your efforts. Which value would you recommend for read ahead? Which one is set in this kernel? (hopefully the answer is the same for both questions) :p

Willie68wr

Jan 14, 2013
Thanks for the kernel, I've been waiting a long time for someone to build one for my device. After installing it has made my tab less laggy I'm running pac infamous rom . still got some lag but not as much. Hopefully the development of this Kernel Continues. I don't want to seem like a person that's ungrateful which I'm not but is it possible for the fauxsound app to be compatible with this Kernel??

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385770457188.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385770457188.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

thicklizard

Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
Thanks for the kernel, I've been waiting a long time for someone to build one for my device. After installing it has made my tab less laggy I'm running pac infamous rom . still got some lag but not as much. Hopefully the development of this Kernel Continues. I don't want to seem like a person that's ungrateful which I'm not but is it possible for the fauxsound app to be compatible with this Kernel??

I will look into adding it. I've implemented it in my kernels for other devices, I just need to make sure the codecs are compatible

Edit. Just looked and his sound mod is for a newer codec so it won't work.

Last edited:

AJtheAndroidNoOb

Nov 13, 2013
Siem Riep
Out of Topic

Out of Topic but how'd you change the color of the status bar icons to red? Is it an app or packed with ur ROM?

Willie68wr

Jan 14, 2013
I will look into adding it. I've implemented it in my kernels for other devices, I just need to make sure the codecs are compatible

Edit. Just looked and his sound mod is for a newer codec so it won't work.

Too bad.. It works really well for my galaxy S4 and even though they are totally different devices just thought that it could be implemented. Thanks for checking

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Out of Topic but how'd you change the color of the status bar icons to red? Is it an app or packed with ur ROM?

It is a theme Bloodred NG by team carbon it's in the market

Last edited:

thicklizard

Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
Too bad.. It works really well for my galaxy S4 and even though they are totally different devices just thought that it could be implemented. Thanks for checking

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

It is a theme Bloodred NG by team carbon it's in the market

You could give this a try as this has the voodoo sound driver
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.controlapp

Sent from my HTCONE

DefQoN_BE

Oct 18, 2012
Belgium
Found something strange... If i charge my tablet, it goes very slowly.. Don't know if the kernel has to do something with it, it was charging for a whole night +- 10 hours, and i'm on 91 % still... Using a stock charger like always

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

You can modify that in pac-rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive been working on a kernel for the p4 wifi tab. My goal was to elimantae lag and increase IO scores.

Changelog 12/16
    Update tcp congestion control
    Add new governors
    Clean code
    Add more compiler flags
    Adjust voodoo sound.

update writeback
    further reduce readahead
    enable system wide mounting
    new makefile flag + fix derp on entropy commit
    patch to aide in hotplugging
    avoid depleting of entropy pool
    reduce latency
    make file optimization
    vfp optimization
    lower read ahead
    small tweak to load avg
    reduce some log spam
    crc32 additions
    compiler optimizations
    lower swappiness
    finish clocks
    fix errors
    block: fix infinite loop in __getblk_slow
    fifo: Do not restart open() if it already found a partner
    add xz
    another clock adjustment
    adjust vfs_cache_pressure
    tweak smp.c
    tweak mm/backing_dev.c
    adjust makefile
    boost clocks
    add arm topology
    sched: clock wrap bug in 2.6.35-stable kills scheduling
    scheduler pick nexthighest task
    add io schedulers
    improve the group logic
    allow pipe compiling
    vfp compile with neon
    optimize slub
    mm tweaks
    tweak aio.c to increase io performance
    reclaim some ram
    disable gentle sleepers enablearch power
    increase readahead
    linaro fix

Bugs
    Reboot from roms does not work properly. Need to reboot manually

Download p4 wifi

http://d-h.st/Db5

MY source
    https://github.com/thicklizard/p4wifi

Download p4 7500

http://d-h.st/n4n

pershoot
    AAcount
    for all the support they have givento this device
    I'm flashing it too... In a few days I'll let you know how it works with a P4 running kasper_h Infamous PAC ROM.
    Thank you in advance for your work!
    Any worries if I use kasper_h TWRP recovery?

Nope.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Found a problem. Reboot doesn't work. I'm guessing its because of the linaro toolchain since kasper's infamous kernel had this issue too when he compiled it with linaro toolchain.

I can test it. :)

I added a link in the op. Please test and confirm all is well.
    I could make one. Just will need a willing tester.

I can test it. :)