[Q] Bluetooth poor connexion with wireless heaphones/speakers

Search This thread

BenjaminM

Mar 17, 2008
Hong Kong
Probably disconnected. Worst case it's torn.

Stupid question, if I open the back case to check the antenna, connection will I void the warranty? Obvisouly I won't be able to fix it if its torned so I might have to resent myself sending it to the Omate Service Center. Have you heard about any experience with them? I kinda have a low level of confidence...

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Well, if you pull it all apart and say so then yes.

TAT for them is 2 months, I hear?

Repairs to my prototype took like 2 minutes for me.

zippiz

Mar 22, 2006
Hi, I jog with the watch on my wrist and a headset. When I stretch out my hand, the sound is cut off but when I bring my hand towards my body the sound comes back. So the BT range is absurd. Is it a hardware connection problem or a software issue? Can somebody advise?

Last edited:

NigelASmith

Dec 19, 2011
Any more updates on this? I've had my TrueSmart just over a year. The Bluetooth to my Jabra Wireless+ had been OK, but a couple of months ago I lost connections whilst wearing the watch on my left wrist. Switched to my right wrist and it seemed better. At this point I thought It was due to the Jabra playing up. However, it has now lost connection unless the watch is stationary by my chest.

Any consensus on the best course of action?

Thanks.

giri@nwrk.biz

May 8, 2015
page.nwrk.biz
Average ranges of "working" wifi/bluetooth?

Heyho guys!

I just wanted to point put that the bt range also heavily depends on the device you are connecting to. My headset connection only lasts for ca. 1m, but my bt keyboard easily lasts for 10m!
Bear in mind that the truesmart only has an small antenna!

My wifi range is about 10m (i can go upstairs, but the connection is not 100% stable). I only get full wlan if I
am about 1 m beside the router! At work I can get about 6-7m away from the router with closed doors.

I do not think that my antenna is broken or the connector is loose because I made myself sure that the antenna connector is plugged in correctly. I think you simply cannot compare the range with an full smartphone...
I may also be completely wrong and have an defect antenna.

In my test I also recognized, that if I turn on wifi, battery drains much faster.

BTW I have tried this with two different Simavalley AW 420 rx (umeox kinkong pro) and had similar results!
Can someone who has an "working" Truesmart confirm the wifi/bt ranges?

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Oh i also wanted to let you know that the gps on my aw 420 rx works better and faster than the gps of my galaxy s3. I am impressed ;)

Last edited:

giri@nwrk.biz

May 8, 2015
page.nwrk.biz
I have bought myself an AW 414.go for 99 Eur and now I am pretty sure that the antenna of my AW 420 rx is broken. The bluetooth and w-lan connection is waaaays better than on my AW 420 rx!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lose antenna connector. Request a replacement.
    Just so folks will not get the wrong idea, on my stock 1/8/1900 TrueSmart with 20140120 firmware, the Bluetooth is excellent for music and phone both in my car or with BT headphones, and BT keyboard. It will also connect to the keyboard and another BT device at the same time. Range is excellent, 15 meters or more.

Lots of other Bluetooth issues, but these reports sound like antenna problems. Assembly on some TrueSmarts was very poorly done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Hello. I received my Omate US Version, 8Gb a few days ago, stock version of the system (reinstalled after trying the excellent Lokifish Marz firmware).

The Bluetooth connexion seems very poor for music transmission with Bluetooth headsets or speakers; when I move to watch more than 10 centimeters (about 4 inches) away from the Omate interference starts (the music "stutters") and connection stops completely (disconnects) at about 20-30 centimeters. Can't listen to music consistently while moving my arm (... when I walk).

Could there be an hardware issue with the Bluetooth antenna?

I tried rebooting, turning Bluetooth on and off multiple times, even reinstalling the firmware (the issue was present with the Lokifish Marz firmware).

I'm trying to listen simple 128 kbps mp3 (non VBR). (I discovered the issue while listening 192 kbps vbr, I taught it was the problem...).

The only way I manage to have a smooth playback is by putting the Omate in the same pocket as the receptor of the Bluetooth headset, or with a Bluetooth emitter clipped to the watchband (I tried with three different Bluetooth headsets and also a Bluetooth speaker that works perfectly with my other phones.

Thanks for your advices and suggestions.

I've only tried to exercise with it once while using Bluetooth and the same thing happened (switched back to my iPod after 2 minutes). I am currently on stock and plan to go back to the newest patch. I will try on both stock and patch and see if it's still happening. I hope this is indeed not an issue of poor assembly.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Lose antenna connector. Request a replacement.

Wow, okay just tested (both mp3 and movies stored on both internal and SD). When connect to Bluetooth, any movement causes stutter and pausing. When off bluetooth, no problems.

I've already removed the back cause went I flashed the ROM there were issues that require a battery pull and I installed an SD card. Not to mention, I emailed support over a week ago for another issue (now resolved) and no response.

Hope this can be fixed because this device is worthless if I can't run with it using Bluetooth!
    WiFi and BT antenna
    WiFi and BT are the same connector. Well at least they were in the FCC docs.

Just did some more testing and it seems its not exactly just movement. Whenever the TS is within 1 foot of the Bluetooth device it works much better. 1-2 feet away and it comes and goes with movement. More than 2 feet and no sound. Could this still be a loose antenna?