[Q] Android @ HTC Raphael 300

Search This thread

Tristard

Feb 26, 2011
hi guys. :)

okay, I´m currently running arrrghhh's froyo-bundle on my "T-Mobile Mda Vario IV (HTC Raphael 300)".
as it seems, nobody else uses or even heared of that HTC Touch Pro clone ^^

first at all, I installed the bundle with the startup.txt of the RAPH100. installation was fine, everything was working (eccept for the known bugs).

but there was one point which confused me; have a look at that page:
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&id=12&c=all_htc_raphael_variants
have a closer look at all the buttons and then notice the swapped buttons on the t-mobile clone (RAPH300). -.-
so everytime I hit the "back" button, the phone turns black/locks. when I press the "home"-button I get a list of all my calls.
also when touching the upper button, the lower button lights up and so on..

is there a chance to switch the buttons? I already wrote PNs with 'arrrghhh' and he said it seems that I´m the only guy which uses the phone :D
don´t get me wrong, I will not complain. I can live with the swapped buttons. ^^ but if there is a chance to fix that, would be great :)

R^7Z

(I think) You will have to find your answer within the rootfs/you will have to edit it some how. In the meantime you could change the end button behavior to either set it under spare parts; if you are using xdandroid as i could not find it in the neopeek variants.

erbegu

Feb 27, 2010
no you are not the only :p, i have that phone too, don't worry about the buttons because its all right, software doesn't make changes on these, buttons will work fine as they worked before on WM. But can you explain me please how did you installed Android on this?? cause i tried different bundles raph100 500 800, and no one works. Haret starts for a while and then it stops saying something about the memory card is busy! actually i formated it before!! can you send me a link with the bundle that you used please ? thank you

der.Vogt

Nov 2, 2008
I also have a Raphael 300 running (T-Mobile MDA Vario IV), but from T-Mobile NL, here I have the current FRX05 complete bundle running from arrgh on top of the forumthreads right now.

This still has some issues, but is the currently most stable version I have yet tested.But the Home Button is somehow not in the function it should be, but that a minor issue for me.

Last edited:

vonPfirsing

Dec 26, 2008
Winterthur
Hello,

I got a RAPH120, it's the german O2 XDA Diamond Pro.
It has the same button layout as the german MDA Vario 4, and i don't think, that there is any difference in those phones besides the branding.

I use in startup.txt for keyboard layout "german_raph" and everything is working fine with the FRX05 complete build.

so everytime I hit the "back" button, the phone turns black/locks. when I press the "home"-button I get a list of all my calls.
also when touching the upper button, the lower button lights up and so on..

Yesterday I had the same experience. I restartet the phone, and since then I got no further problems.

Last edited:

vonPfirsing

Dec 26, 2008
Winterthur
the only thing i changed from the RAPH100 Startup.txt is to put for keyboard:
Code:
physkeyboard=german_raph

I don't have the txt right here, if you need it, I will upload it, when I'm home.

vonPfirsing

Dec 26, 2008
Winterthur
here my startup.txt:

Code:
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 1910
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=210 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=-1,-2,3 board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=german_raph"
boot

sometimes i got random freezes too, but not to bad. I think it usually happens, when you let the phone go to sleep and you don't have the launcher on top.

I get it, when i let the phone sleep after an alarm rings e.g.

Attachments

• startup.txt
    253 bytes · Views: 127
Reactions: Tristard

Tristard

Feb 26, 2011
that´s the point, I like my alarm function in the morning before I go to work ;)

but thanks for the startup.txt, german keyboard works perfekt! also with "Ö, Ä and Ü" ^^

vonPfirsing

Dec 26, 2008
Winterthur
this morning, it didn't freeze, i used it for like a minute after the alarm. :)

an yes, i like that keyboard too. It's like heaven compared to other phone inputs like milestone e.g..

Tristard

Feb 26, 2011
this morning, everything worked fine. now I´m @work and the screen stays black, no chance. so reinsert battery and reboot again... :(

Melkor

Mar 14, 2006
Munich
Has anybody a solution?
I face the same problems with MDa Vario IV...it's annoying to take the right buttons...

R^7Z

Right now all devs are focusing more on RHOD and some TOPA but none for RAPH. The idea is that the devs hope that RHOD development will be passed down to the RAPH. So, unless you have the know-how, one is only adding on to the same questions being repeated over and over but in different ways(makes for difficult searching).
For example, one of the first things one would have to figure out is how to collapse and wake the panel properly, as this is not being done for obvious reasons. The work around I have posted many times in other threads, forums, works for me and a few others but not for all.
Additionally, if you want to disable the end as power key, one would need to set this in spare parts

Last edited:

vonPfirsing

Dec 26, 2008
Winterthur
this morning, everything worked fine. now I´m @work and the screen stays black, no chance. so reinsert battery and reboot again... :(

currently I am testing my FRX05 Build on Stability. I think the display driver is not perfect, but it is not the cause of SoDs. Everytime when my phone had a SoD, it was very warm.

I experienced a similar situation, when i used GPS or charged the phone, or both.

I don't use the GPS or CTL Services on the phone, i use my old Kaiser as Navigation System, so i disabled both Options.

This is still in testing, but since i disabled those Options, my phone is still alive.

My normal way to work is 20 kilometres, and it was normal to have a SoD after this distance.

Yesterday i had an appointment 300 kilometres away. On the way to this appointment my phone had a SoD. I restartet Android, and disabled CTL. (I disabled GPS before). Since then, after more than 450 km of travelling, and 22 hours, the phone didn't had a SoD.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
currently I am testing my FRX05 Build on Stability. I think the display driver is not perfect, but it is not the cause of SoDs. Everytime when my phone had a SoD, it was very warm.

I experienced a similar situation, when i used GPS or charged the phone, or both.

I don't use the GPS or CTL Services on the phone, i use my old Kaiser as Navigation System, so i disabled both Options.

This is still in testing, but since i disabled those Options, my phone is still alive.

My normal way to work is 20 kilometres, and it was normal to have a SoD after this distance.

Yesterday i had an appointment 300 kilometres away. On the way to this appointment my phone had a SoD. I restartet Android, and disabled CTL. (I disabled GPS before). Since then, after more than 450 km of travelling, and 22 hours, the phone didn't had a SoD.

Not sure what CTL is, but the RIL is a HUGE cause of the SoD issue. Basically poor service, switching 2g/3g, cell sites, etc - cause the SoD condition. hyc is testing/building new RIL's, and they've been working great - they should be phone-agnostic, check it out!

vonPfirsing

Dec 26, 2008
Winterthur
CTL = Cell Tower Location ;)

and yes, i thought RIL was causing SoDs too, but since i got an SoD in Airplane mode, with activated GPS, i was not sure about that.

I live in an area which has not the best 3G coverage, my phone is switching between G and 3G all the time, when i am at home.

Maybe RIL is working better with GSM than CDMA.

I will report any SoDs, when i got some, until now, my phone is running very smooth (without OC).

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
CTL = Cell Tower Location ;)

and yes, i thought RIL was causing SoDs too, but since i got an SoD in Airplane mode, with activated GPS, i was not sure about that.

I live in an area which has not the best 3G coverage, my phone is switching between G and 3G all the time, when i am at home.

Maybe RIL is working better with GSM than CDMA.

I will report any SoDs, when i got some, until now, my phone is running very smooth (without OC).

Ah, what you call CTL, I call netloc ;).

Try out that new RIL, it should help both CDMA and GSM folk. It's just that a ton of code was missing for CDMA, we were really running in a fake GSM mode this entire time :p.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here my startup.txt:

Code:
    set ramsize 0x10000000
    set ramaddr 0x10000000
    set mtype 1910
    set KERNEL zImage
    set initrd initrd.gz
    set cmdline "lcd.density=210 msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=-1,-2,3 board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 pm.sleep_mode=1 physkeyboard=german_raph"
    boot

sometimes i got random freezes too, but not to bad. I think it usually happens, when you let the phone go to sleep and you don't have the launcher on top.

I get it, when i let the phone sleep after an alarm rings e.g.