Kindle Fire Bricked! HELP!

Search This thread

Beeyoth

Feb 29, 2012
There are allot of bricks on this device. But this one is kinda hard to figure out. Anyway....Ive flashed some things on my kindle fire before but this time i tried to flash honeycomb meant for the galaxy tab. YES i know it is crazy. But i just like honeycomb better than ICS. So then i rebooted and it didnt work but then i wiped the system and flashed it again. Reboot and it will not boot up or show a charging light. I tried kindle fire unbrick 1.1 and the utility and the kindle fire utility 0.9.3 and tried to boot into recovery. DID NOT WORK. PLEASE HELP!

fiddlefaddle

Feb 6, 2012
Cando
There are allot of bricks on this device. But this one is kinda hard to figure out. Anyway....Ive flashed some things on my kindle fire before but this time i tried to flash honeycomb meant for the galaxy tab. YES i know it is crazy. But i just like honeycomb better than ICS. So then i rebooted and it didnt work but then i wiped the system and flashed it again. Reboot and it will not boot up or show a charging light. I tried kindle fire unbrick 1.1 and the utility and the kindle fire utility 0.9.3 and tried to boot into recovery. DID NOT WORK. PLEASE HELP!

Well if your PC regonizes it try reinstalling TWRP.. then boot into recovery and flash a new Rom...

zane203

Mar 5, 2010
Kindle fire Utility should work even without being recognized (well it did for me after turning on and off 3 times).

Does the device at least get's the firefirefire logo? If so, this is what I did

-Turn your kindle off by holding the power button down for at most 20 seconds.
-Plug kindle into your computer
-Run the unbrick utility
-Turn kindle on
-Wait for the Caution Sign with the fire logo (firefirefire logo)
-Choose first option on utility (Recovery Loop)
-Wait... (a max of 10 minutes)

This should work, if not, try to turn off your kindle on and off, and then try again.
==========================================

Well, if that doesn't work, I know there's someone is working on "factory cables" which (I think) should fix this problems.

Wish I could be more help.

Beeyoth

Feb 29, 2012
Kindle fire Utility should work even without being recognized (well it did for me after turning on and off 3 times).

Does the device at least get's the firefirefire logo? If so, this is what I did

-Turn your kindle off by holding the power button down for at most 20 seconds.
-Plug kindle into your computer
-Run the unbrick utility
-Turn kindle on
-Wait for the Caution Sign with the fire logo (firefirefire logo)
-Choose first option on utility (Recovery Loop)
-Wait... (a max of 10 minutes)

This should work, if not, try to turn off your kindle on and off, and then try again.
==========================================

Well, if that doesn't work, I know there's someone is working on "factory cables" which (I think) should fix this problems.
Wish I could be more help.
didnt work

lovejoy777

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2011
Nottingham
if adb is not working you still may have fastboot.
try powering kf off type "fastboot devices" into a command line. (open prompt in folder where you have fastboot installed on pc) it should say waiting for device.
then plugin kf to usb cable and power on if you've got fastboot it's easy, if you haven't it's a factory cable or a door wedge

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Beeyoth

Feb 29, 2012
if adb is not working you still may have fastboot.
try powering kf off type "fastboot devices" into a command line. (open prompt in folder where you have fastboot installed on pc) it should say waiting for device.
then plugin kf to usb cable and power on if you've got fastboot it's easy, if you haven't it's a factory cable or a door wedge

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

PERFECT! But heres the problem, it wont turn on

Kujila

Jun 7, 2011
Buy a factory cable instead of making one

If your unit doesn't turn on at all and isn't recognized by the PC whatsoever then that is your only hope

backspacepc

May 25, 2008
Denham Springs
i already have one. i have a motorola factory cable. I was wondering if i can fix my kindle fire with it. if so, how do i do it?

Factory in the sense that the cable used is one in the same as the cable used in initially programming the device at the manufacturer, not in the sense that it is an OEM cable that came with a phone.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have a similiar problem. After trying to root KF, I got stuck on looping KF logo. Before I reached XDA, some stupid forum recommended me to leave the battery to die, which I learned later to be a big mistake.

Anyway, My KF will keep flashing (logo screen) only connected to the USB or AC charger (Does nothing when disconnected). I did tried hard reset, but that didn´t work.

My PC does not recognizes the device so I was not able to use Unbrick Util nor any fastboot command. I tried to connect to a different computer, it got recognized for few seconds (i could see it on device manager) but then It vanished again.I also tried different usb pors, but that didn´t work either.

I was wondering if my last hope would be the so called ´factory cable´or if there is anything else I could try. I´ve been reading your posts and as i didn´t find a suitable solution for my case I decided to write.
    I really appreciate any help. Thanks

The user you quoted just has that one post, so are you directing this at me? I replied to your other post about this same problem and gave you a link to my dead battery guide...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623244

For one thing, stop booting the the device unnecessarily because you are only going to drain the battery even more. It's possible that your battery will slowly charge if you leave it on the AC charger for a little while and it could stop bootlooping on its own.

If that doesn't work and you only have the stock bootloader (plain "kindle fire" logo when you turn it on), your next best bet is to get a factory cable. You'll need it to get it into fastboot mode to flash the stock boot image.

Unlike the other topics I've written about, I do not have direct experience with this problem. I'm just going by what others have reported and my "educated guess" on what might get your problem resolved.

Please read the guide I referred to earlier.