[ROM][0.0.7.3]ICS CM9 ThinkPad Tablet (Alpha)

Search This thread

Koshu

Jul 28, 2007
Unfortunately, that has been the case since the last few builds. I haven't found a workaround yet.

@Koshu
I started to get the unresponsive pen wonk when using Quill late yesterday. I attempted to get a logcat and dmesg as you described in an earlier post. I hope it helps. I tried to get it relatively quick.

Thx, but i get a 404 error when i try to open the attached files. Is this just me or a problem on xda?

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
When I boot my TPT not in the folio, then put it into the folio everything works as it should. However, there have been a few times in the most recent builds when I was using the TPT in the folio with the keyboard working properly, then i turned off the screen and when I woke it up the TPT no longer detected the physical keyboard. It seems to occur randomly. It first started happening after I restored honeycomb then flashed back to 0073, so maybe it has something to do with flashing the more recent versions over honeycomb insted of over older versions of the CM9 port?

Also, regarding my wifi woes...I am still occasionally having times where the TPT doesn't automatically connect to saved networks. I've been trying to narrow down the culprit but haven't had any luck thus far. EasyProfiles notification definitely makes it completely stop working though.

-Posted from my Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk 2 Beta 6

allquixotic

Mar 19, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Thanks Koshu for all your help so far. Unfortunately I have another problem.

Every time I play audio (trying 8 different audio-playing apps), I get dropouts in the audio every couple of seconds, and dmesg is flooded with messages like this (note the kernel times as they are relevant; they describe the frequency of the problems). CPU usage according to top is 0.2 (out of 2.0 since 2 cores).

<4>[13874.054694] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 4 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13879.209524] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 5 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13884.732542] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 5 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13891.373454] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 1 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13897.178441] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 3 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13908.557768] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 5 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13919.333341] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 15 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13924.814339] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 2 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13931.766337] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 4 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13942.865474] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 5 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13948.949107] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 5 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13955.543573] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 3 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13961.613049] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 10 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13967.232278] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 5 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13978.377855] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 4 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13985.390282] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 3 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13991.241711] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 7 callbacks suppressed
<4>[13998.429445] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 12 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14004.745272] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 4 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14015.472894] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 5 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14020.832350] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 5 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14026.560219] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 9 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14031.622170] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 2 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14037.659358] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 6 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14042.907067] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 2 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14055.770922] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 10 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14068.077499] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 3 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14073.528565] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 12 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14079.253397] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 7 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14085.337025] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 6 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14092.024367] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 3 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14102.380468] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 8 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14107.813940] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 3 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14113.154530] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 6 callbacks suppressed
<4>[14123.332821] snd_pcm_update_hw_ptr0: 16 callbacks suppressed

Sent from my Full CM9 on ThinkPad Tablet using xda premium

obscure.detour

Apr 20, 2010
Thx, but i get a 404 error when i try to open the attached files. Is this just me or a problem on xda?

Strange, I am getting the same issue. I'll look again When I get back to my computer.

The audio seems to skip for me as well.

EDIT: So not sure what xda did with those files when I attached them, but here is a external link to both:
logcat
dmesg

Last edited:

obscure.detour

Apr 20, 2010
So out of curiosity I was all set to install this ROM until I noticed that hw video acceleration is a no go.

Any idea on an eta to get that working?

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using xda premium

It's not looking good for HWA. It took the CM team quite awhile to get it working on most tablets. My guess would be it'll work once we see the source code for ICS from Lenovo. It just isn't a big enough priority, IMHO. Unfortunately, ICS has many changes in the hardware layer and it needs to be redone.

It's not looking good for HWA. It took the CM team quite awhile to get it working on most tablets. My guess would be it'll work once we see the source code for ICS from Lenovo. It just isn't a big enough priority, IMHO. Unfortunately, ICS has many changes in the hardware layer and it needs to be redone.

That is totally understandable. I am extremely glad for the dev support we have received so far. Here's to hoping that once OEM ICS drops they can get it (hw video) working.

Koshu

Jul 28, 2007
That is totally understandable. I am extremely glad for the dev support we have received so far. Here's to hoping that once OEM ICS drops they can get it (hw video) working.

Should be possible or a least a lot easier.

I'm back from a vacation and will try to fix some of the audio/pen bugs the next days. 3G still makes problems, i'm thinking to release a wifi-only version until it is fixed (you know, removing the signal icons from the taskbar etc.)

obscure.detour

Apr 20, 2010

I'm back from a vacation and will try to fix some of the audio/pen bugs the next days. 3G still makes problems, i'm thinking to release a wifi-only version until it is fixed (you know, removing the signal icons from the taskbar etc.)

Thanks for the update :) Hope you had a good vacation.

hatlesssandman

Jan 25, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
browser crashes frequently

Just wondering what browser is everyone using? I seem to be having frequent crashes in stock browser and dolphin browser as well especially when I try playing flash but also when just trying to scroll down the page. Not sure if this is just me as I haven't seen any posts about this although I did read about chrome beta crashing but I'm not using that so...not sure if its a bug in the rom I'm on version 7.3.1 (latest). Also obscure I saw u suggested apex launcher which is what I use on nexus one but when I downloaded for tablet it seems to be out of sorts I mean it doesn't seem to fit on screen properly not sure if there is a tablet version of the launcher?

danjac

Feb 4, 2012
Just wondering what browser is everyone using? I seem to be having frequent crashes in stock browser and dolphin browser as well especially when I try playing flash but also when just trying to scroll down the page. Not sure if this is just me as I haven't seen any posts about this although I did read about chrome beta crashing but I'm not using that so...not sure if its a bug in the rom I'm on version 7.3.1 (latest).

Well, it's true for maxthon browser,which I really like,too. Compared to honeycomb before, there are a lot of crashes. By now I couldn't figure out why - but as you mention it, it could be Flash. Don't use the stock browser much, so cannot comment on that.

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
Your crashes are due to flash. If you change the plugin setting from always on to on demand the crashes will go away. Flash isn't something that's working in this ROM...I'm guessing something to do with the HW video acceleration. That being said, if you need to use flash I would recomend sticking with HC...I don't think you'll be able to get it to work very well at all in the current version of this port.

-Posted from my Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet

danjac

Feb 4, 2012
I said it could be a reason but I'm not sure. So you're right. I forgot about that: flash is on demand (that's the default setting for flash in maxthon).
Nevertheless, maxthon crashes a lot more (and I really mean A LOT) compared to the time when I was running honeycomb.
Any other ideas?

Last edited:

hatlesssandman

Jan 25, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Jammaster that doesn't really make sense to me it is understandable for dolphin to crash according to ur theory (even though I do have flash on demand setting) but stock browser plays videos via video player not through flash but I have had that crash even more often than dolphin at one moment I will be scrolling reading the web page (mind u not watching flash) and the next my touch screen stops responding at which point I have to use the long press back button to kill browser and a couple of times it hung so badly that I had to kill it via power button and reboot (however that may be due to flash I will keep an eye out for that and post accordingly) but I don't find ur explanation as a viable merely due to the fact that half the time the flash works perfectly and half the time it doesn't and I'm taking about reloading the same websites that it previously crashed on....so if its an issue like hwa wouldn't it crash EVERY time I tried to play flash? Or every time on a particular website? However I have noticed it has improved drastically after installing 7.3.1 it was horrendous on 7.3 just wanting to squash a bug hence bringing up the issue. So no suggestions for a different browser? I'm going to try opera see how that goes

obscure.detour

Apr 20, 2010
Just wondering what browser is everyone using? I seem to be having frequent crashes in stock browser and dolphin browser as well especially when I try playing flash but also when just trying to scroll down the page. Not sure if this is just me as I haven't seen any posts about this although I did read about chrome beta crashing but I'm not using that so...not sure if its a bug in the rom I'm on version 7.3.1 (latest). Also obscure I saw u suggested apex launcher which is what I use on nexus one but when I downloaded for tablet it seems to be out of sorts I mean it doesn't seem to fit on screen properly not sure if there is a tablet version of the launcher?

I'm currently using Opera Mobile for my needs. Great tab support, flash only when clicked, and user agent always desktop. I'm also using Opera Mobile 12 Labs version that isn't available yet in the Play Store. There is more information about it via Opera's site, here. I never get crashes when using this browser and am loving the extensions. I can now use Adblock, Ghostery, & Lastpass in Android! These are my most beloved add-ons for browsers :)

As far as the launcher goes, Apex Launcher is by far the best and most feature filled IMHO. You have ICS on your N1? I use it on my Nexus S with AOKP and have no issues between my two devices. It looks and feels the same, except some settings/UI are disabled on either device due to the difference of a phone and tablet.

The latest version for Apex can be found here or the Play Store. The reason I link to the apk, is that in order to get the most out of it, you'll want to install it as a system app (cut/paste the apk into /system/app). It'll auto update if you install it as a system app too. This allows all features to work 100%. I have "automatic" grid size enabled in the settings and the homescreen stretches to all corners in landscape and portrait. I tried taking a screenshot of the grid, but it didn't work that well. My results. You can basically use any part of the homescreen. Not sure what issues you're having with it not fitting correctly.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Last edited:

danjac

Feb 4, 2012
Jammaster that doesn't really make sense to me it is understandable for dolphin to crash according to ur theory (even though I do have flash on demand setting) but stock browser plays videos via video player not through flash but I have had that crash even more often than dolphin at one moment I will be scrolling reading the web page (mind u not watching flash) and the next my touch screen stops responding at which point I have to use the long press back button to kill browser and a couple of times it hung so badly that I had to kill it via power button and reboot (however that may be due to flash I will keep an eye out for that and post accordingly) but I don't find ur explanation as a viable merely due to the fact that half the time the flash works perfectly and half the time it doesn't and I'm taking about reloading the same websites that it previously crashed on....so if its an issue like hwa wouldn't it crash EVERY time I tried to play flash? Or every time on a particular website? However I have noticed it has improved drastically after installing 7.3.1 it was horrendous on 7.3 just wanting to squash a bug hence bringing up the issue. So no suggestions for a different browser? I'm going to try opera see how that goes

due to the discussion i used the stockbrowser for a while today and its the same here - just freezes once in a while and doesn't respond anymore - obviously too often to be normal.

Ive never heard of that browser before...are you sure that it is compatible with ICS?

yes

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011

Flash is not only used in videos...many websites have their entire interface in flash, there are lots of flash advertisements, etc. Just because you're not watching a video doesn't mean that there isn't flash in the website. I can tell you that I've tried the default browser, Chrome, Dolphin, and Firefox, and the only one that didn't crash was Firefox (firefox has no flash support). As has been discussed earlier, chrome has it's own issues which are not flash related (chrome also has no flash support). I also tried Opera and everything using Flash was tinted green, but it did not crash. From my experience when I had issues with my browser crashing it would occur as soon as I tried to scroll in a page with Flash (in a video, advertisement, or anywhere else on the website). If I went to a webpage which I KNOW has no flash, I had no problems. I simply switched flash to on demand and have not had any issues with the browser since then (this was well over a month ago, and I use the tablet every day). I would suggest you use whichever browser you prefer and uninstall flash, and I'd be willing to bet that your problems would go away. The only browser I know of that doesn't work is Chrome, but that has issues with pretty much every device besides the Galaxy Nexus. BTW, if you set flash to on demand, browse through a few website...you'll probably be surprised how often you see the icon for enabling flash content. Many websites are transitioning away from Flash because it is no longer being supported or developed, but it will be a long while before Flash is completely gone.

EDIT: Forgot to address another point. I'm not sure what makes you think the stock browser plays videos via the video player, but you are a bit misinformed. Remember, Flash does not equal video, flash could be anything (like I said, entire websites, ads, most online games). If a video is embeded in a website using flash, then the default browser will play the video with flash just like dolphin. The only time video from a website will play in the video player app rather than the browser is if it was embeded using windows media player, or some other similar method, and again that would be the same in Dolphin or the default browser.

Last edited:

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
due to the discussion i used the stockbrowser for a while today and its the same here - just freezes once in a while and doesn't respond anymore - obviously too often to be normal.

Like I said, I've been using the TPT for over a month with this port and have had no issues whatsoever with the browser since disabling flash.

Are you using the "Maxthon Android Web Browser" or "Maxthon Web Browser for 10" Tab"? I'll try it on my Galaxy Nexus first to make sure it will work with ICS without any problems, then I'll try it on my TPT and see if I get any crashes.

EDIT: I tested the Tab version on my phone and everything seemed to work fine, however I could not get flash content to load with the other version. I'll load them on my TPT and report back.

EDIT 2: I installed regular Maxthon on my TPT and it worked the same as my GNEX, could not get flash to load, but no crashes. I couldn't find the Tab version in the market on my TPT so I downloased the .apk directly and tried installing it that way. It said installing, but after a few seconds it said application not installed, which I've never seen before. How did you get Maxthon installed, Titanium Backup?

Last edited:

danjac

Feb 4, 2012
hey folks,

1. I think we shouldn't hijack this thread and continue an overlong discussion about browsers, flash & cm9. It might be a good idea to open a new thread in 'GENERAL' to discuss it in detail and then report our experiences back to Koshu.

2. At the moment I don't know. I have to go into detail to find out how I installed it, I only see in PLAY that it is not compatible (so the 10' version) with my device although it is also tagged as installed.
But not today, I'm tired :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This a a CM9 Port for the Thinkpad Tablet made by Jon2555 and me. Its still under development, so you might run into bugs.

You are flashing this ROM on your own risk. It could eat your kittens, steal your breakfast or brick your device!
    431914all-small.jpeg

(Higher Resolution)

Requirements:
    - A US, UK or WE device (Might also work on others)
    - root (obviously)
    - CWM

Installation:
    - Download xxx.zip and put it on a sd-card
    - Boot into CWM (Reboot and press Vol+)
    - Make a nandroid backup in CWM!
    - Make sure the backup worked!
    - Full Wipe (May not be needed if you come from an earlier CM9 version)
    - Flash zip in CWM

Restore HC:
    - Boot into CWM (Reboot and press Vol+)
    - Restore old nandroid backup

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Touchscreen + Stylus
    - Bluetooth
    - HW Acceleration
    - Sound
    - External Mouse
    - Folio (mostly)
    - VPN
    - Hardware Button

Not Working
    - Camera
    - 3G
    - HW Video Decoding (i.e. for Youtube HQ)
    - No mount as USB/MTP

Known Bugs
    - Wifi doesn't always reconnect to networks
    - Trebuchet has wrong size and misses a few pixels
    - Sometimes apps on the market are incompatible (see Play Store/Market)
    - Sound doesn't mute when headphones are plugged in

Play Store/Market
    Sometimes the market marks apps as incompatible. This happens randomly. If it happens to you try one (or more) of the following:

Folio
    The Folio works but some of the special keys don't. One problem with the Folio is, that there are different Keylayouts (i.e. UK, US) but without a different device ID. In the standard setup this ROM uses the UK layout, if you want to use a US layout, you have to delete a file:

Code:
    su 
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    rm /system/usr/keychars/Vendor_1241_Product_0003_Version_0110.kcm

- The Cyanogenmod team
    - digetx for the Green Flash fix
    - Everyone releasing their source codes for other builds
    - Everyone trying to find and report bugs

If you like our work press the thank button or buy us some lego.

Download
    http://everyrandom.com/files/download.php?file=185alpha00731.zip

Sourcecodes
    https://github.com/Koshu

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]Version 0.0.7.3.1[/B]
    - Fixed Pen driver to solve reboot problem

[B]Version 0.0.7.3[/B]
    - Added new experimental play store hack v2

[B]Version 0.0.7.2[/B]
    - Added new experimental play store hack

[B]Version 0.0.7.1[/B]
    - removed assert check again

[B]Version 0.0.7[/B]
    - fixed touchscreen scrolling issue 

[B]Version 0.0.6.3.1[/B]
    - added missing generic.kl again

[B]Version 0.0.6.3[/B]
    - Added xt_qtaguid to kernel to solve reboot bug
    - Changed some configs to fix minor bugs

[B]Version 0.0.6.1[/B]
    - Fixed wrong Generic.kl for folio

[B]Version 0.0.6[/B]
    - Fixed Hardware Button Rotate Key
    - Fixed Hardware Button Home Key
    - Added disable Touchscreen through pressing the Browser Button
    - Fixed VPN (Needs testing)
    - Fixed Folio (Expect some keys not available in normal CM9)

[B]Version 0.0.5[/B]
    - Changed to newest CM9 Sourcecode
    - Fixed naming in storage listing
    - Quill recognizes pen as pen
    - Gtalk works with new CM9 and new Gapps

[B]Version 0.0.4.2[/B]
    - Sound works (no Headphones, but maybe we will get there today) Update: Headphones work

[B]Version 0.0.4.1[/B]
    - Sound works in ALSA and partially in Android (Click sounds work, youtube and Music doesn't)

[B]Version 0.0.4[/B]
    - Fixed Green overlay issue (thanks digetx for the hint)
    - Fixed Problem with surface Buffer (No force close of GUI anymore)

[B]Version 0.0.3.2[/B]
    - Modified N-Trig drivers directly in Kernel (Touch Wrapper isn't needed anymore)
    - Still trying to figure out how to fix the green overlay issue

[B]Version 0.0.3.1[/B]
    - Fixed GPS (?)
    - Fixed internal media storage

[B]Version 0.0.3[/B]
    - Wrapper for new ICS-Touchscreen API -> Touchscreen works 

[B]Version 0.0.2[/B]
    - Wifi works (But not Signal Strengh in UI)
    - Reboot Problems hopefully fixed (needs further testing)

[B]Version 0.0.1 (First Try)[/B]
    Working:
    - successfully booted
    - stylus
    - bluetooth (loaded fine but not tested transfering)

Bugs/Not working:
    - Reboot Problems (like in CWM)
    - No touchscreen (only Stylus)
    - No wifi 
    - No camera
    - a bunch of other things

Updated my tablet to official ICS to get the new drivers for ICS. Unfortunately something went wrong (it broke my CWM) so i ended up loosing root and CWM. Looks like there won't be much development from my side until i find a solution or someone else a new root exploit.

For everyone else here, who is trying to build CM9 based on this sources: Feel free to share your builds if you want to, i won't mind (isn't this what opensource is about, anyway? ;)
    Put this on last night. Not having any market issues (any problem apps you want me to check?)

Only problem I have now is Chrome Beta still crashes after a few seconds use?

Thanks for all the hard work!
    I am sorry to hear that there is currently no more development on CM9 for the TPT.

Maybe we are paused for a while.
    But I still believe, we can have CM9 working.

Personally: I was some time abroad travelling, so no progress. Meanwhile ICS for ROW device was released. From now I'm back and i will try to push it