[DER KERNEL] NS+4G Trinity (E)UV and OC ICS + JB roms

Search This thread

jjhrrsn

Aug 3, 2011
Portland
So the latest teuv + 25 volt across the board no reboots. Hoping this was all my phone needed. One thing I did notice was default dirty ratio is 20 while dirty background is 5 by default. Should I adjust to the recommended 2-1 that was mentioned?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
@simms and @morfic: I messaged simms quite a while ago about T144 rebooting my phone because I was a heavy T144 user in the GB times and my phone always handled that. At first I thought it was lack of voltage since I cannot use the TEUV at all. Well it turns out I actually had to lower the voltage for the 1.44 frequency. I've benchmark, played, wrote you here, all at 1.44 and no issues. Thank you so much guys! :-D

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

That is not unheard of.
Glad this works for you now.

Sent from my GSM Nexus Prime.

Reactions: WarByte

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
What i believe and followed is that the T11, T12, T132 and T144 was built with stock voltages...

Recently, the newer kernel builts, voltages are now customizable.

I like fixed voltages. Then I know what voltages were run when I get reports.
For the time being I think we can afford adjustable since we weren't hanging in there, holding on for dear life, instead things were quite stable.

If you wonder about kernels on other phones where I adopted established voltage control early on, I have disabled them to gain insights too.
Fixed voltages are a nice thing ....for me :)

Sent from my GSM Nexus Prime.

Reactions: DaXmax and Dorilife

Highway 55

Jun 30, 2010
MN
www.clownpenis.fart
Latest 56hz t11. 100/1000 noop ondemand 2.5 hrs screen on.

Edit: 4-09 crespo4g bugless beast.

ae35c5b9-3dd5-c822.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

klinker

Oct 11, 2011
Koper
Hmm...a hour ago my phone entered in bootloop when run Sygic and start to search for satelite. Don't know why, yesterday i test it a lot with, IGo, Sygic, games, surfing, play music and video, stability test 2h run without any error and making some loops with Caustic.
Reflesh the kernel and now it runs again normaly with same settings.

@morfic...is possible to make kernel with option to set all cpu frequencies over 1000mhz. I think will be better now with voltage control, to have an option with 1096, 1200, 1320 and 1440mhz in one kernel. Of course if this is possible.

heX79

Jan 14, 2012
Oddly enough, after mentioning the radio dumps that were found on my sd card, it has since ceased and all is running very smooth...

Not to mention, my phone sleeps like a baby lol

Reactions: simms22

tycruickshank

Dec 28, 2011
Irvine
Can anybody help me with this? My phone is constantly awake. I've turned off most apps (not any essential system apps) using auto starts and I seem to only be getting these kinds of wake locks on this combo that I'm running - rascream+trinity t12. There are no background processes running either when I lock the screen. Activity manager launch and RILJ seem to be the biggest culprits.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336419870134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336419870134.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 267
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336419925944.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336419925944.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 270

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Can anybody help me with this? My phone is constantly awake. I've turned off most apps (not any essential system apps) using auto starts and I seem to only be getting these kinds of wake locks on this combo that I'm running - rascream+trinity t12. There are no background processes running either when I lock the screen. Activity manager launch and RILJ seem to be the biggest culprits.

whats rilj?

tycruickshank

Dec 28, 2011
Irvine

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
Nice finding bedalus ;)
I am wondering if the refresh rate can be user customizable...

I remember reading one of morfic's posts recently that hinted that he may be able to come up with a way of making it user definable, and possibly without needing to reboot. Morfic is very talented, if anyone can make this happen, it's morfic!

This is a discussion that I had with bedalus. I think it can be a good feature ;)

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I'll definitely check this out but the strange thing is I don't seem to get these kinds of wake locks on other rom/kernel combos. I'm not sure what it is.

Another user in the SGS2 forum suggested to remove google maps to solve the problem...

Reactions: tycruickshank

Paragon_X

Mar 26, 2011
Toronto

I'd recommend you download betterbatterystats charge your phone leave it idle for an hour and post the results from the dump under partial wakelocks and since unplugged and post it in the thread for betterybatterystats and ppl will comment in detail regarding it there... as someone who has gone through this, i believe the activitymanager thing is active programs, best way to eliminate this is close an app with the back button and not home and the rest rilj I think is just the phone itself not much can be done... anyways hope that helps

Reactions: tycruickshank

tycruickshank

Dec 28, 2011
Irvine
This is a discussion that I had with bedalus. I think it can be a good feature ;)

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Another user in the SGS2 forum suggested to remove google maps to solve the problem...

Yeah I have a hunch the problem could be coming from the fact that I disabled maps in autostarts as maps always seems to want to run. It always shows up in recent apps even if I haven't opened it. So I've re enabled maps and I might uninstall it as a system app and just reinstall it from the market and that way it won't show up in recent apps.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336422627002.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336422627002.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 224

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's DoW if you owned a Vibrant before, Trinity is the name in its passport though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files and source:

www . Der Kernel . com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICS:

• Voodoo Sound V10 (Thanks supercurio)
    • Trinity Spice (based on voodoo color V1 by supercurio)
    • BLN (Backlight notification) (Big Thanks Neldar)
    • Backlight dimmer by Ezekeel
    • Based on Samsung git source.
    • Safeboot to lower clock, higher need a tool like setcpu or no-frills CPU control
    • New Trinity bootanimation by @rascarlo
    • TUN module (Tunneling/VPN support)
    • CIFS module (Samba support)
    • EXT4 tweaks
    • Most lean build achievable.
    • Not a rebooter.

JB: WIP

For CM, to use this kernel flash the CM Black Screen Fix (Thanks JackpotClavin and lurtis)

Thanks to @RyanMacG for euroskank hosting​

When "Just Flash It" didn't work:

• Flash rom.
    • Flash kernel.
    • Power off.
    • Pull battery for 2 minutes.
    • Put battery back
    • Now boot phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GPS woes? Try this .apk, worked wonders on GB.

Endursa shared this GL fixing link. Follow it, see 65fps on Quadrant planet like it was meant to be.

T for Trinity
    UV for undervolt (you would want to uninstall setcpu like apps and just run it)
    EUV represents a 880MHz top speed power savings kernel, snappy still? You Bet'cha!
    144 for 1.44GHz (I will rethink this when the 10GHz phones hit the market)
    -Any means it uses Koush's anykernel scripting to install trinity using the original ramdisk, making it possible to use it on m(any) roms w/o needing a special version.
    (X)A new kernel just born by my slacker hands, feel free to use it, we think it's good even if it was eXperimental just moments ago. (X) comes off when we feel it's a daily driver.
    I'm sorry but i won't build crespo anymore because of aosp.
    Also, I never had this device, I was building for it because of Simms and another friend.
    Thank you guys for everything.
    It's always sad to drop a nexus.
    Peace out
    I assume I need to write something.. ras cream sandwich is something that I've built for myself, Mr Morfic, and doctor Semeon. I also write Android apps, some are on the market, some only on my phones, and some on my eclipse. While building, I've always shared my builds with Semeon and Daniel because they are my best Android friends, and they help me with their warm support. Once the build went public, few haters really pissed me off and that really burnt. So I decided to pull the build and share it only with a few people. I was probably wrong because this is a community. And as a community, we should share. Different roms share many things because the os is the same, but the core can be really different. The ui might look very similar between different roms but this should not let people believe I've kanged someone else work. Morfic and Semeon can tell you about my daily progress. So I'm thinking about sharing the build with you again. I won't create a new thread because I don't care about developer flags or such, or stupid questions from one click root tools users. This is a thread of "advanced" users which share the same love for Daniels Trinity kernels. Next build will be up here in the next few days. Only few language packages, or even only en US/en GB, will be built in. I'm currently focusing on my launcher project. Which will be built in.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Thanks Semeon and Daniel
    new build of rasbeanjelly is up
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=rasbeanjelly&device=crespo

### Changelog
    - Expand Desktop in Power Menu
    - CircleBattery: Revamped charging animation
    - Update Calendar
    - Update Google Play Service

brainmaster will take care of your init.d
    thank you sir, as always
    i like this

IJbEk.png

Circle Battery implementation
    - Done 100% in pure code, wont blow up the framework with countless png resources
    - View can be shown with or without percentage as text inside
    - Indicator turns holo-red below 15%.

so this is pure code, no extra png files.
    this means it won't ask for more resources. it is just a call for the android system how to display the battery. same as percentage now.
    what do you think?