Nice idea, but...

Search This thread

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
If you run non-stock DPI, it will take a LOT of work to get widgets to display correctly.

I am running SlimKat 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 2 with global DPI 245, and had offset widgets from the start, which wasn't surprising. So I installed Xposed & App Settings module, set Themer to 320 DPI, rebooted to recovery, wiped cache & dalvik, launched Themer again, and still had graphical glitches:
a8ajerug.jpg

e2a5aryb.jpg

urajetem.jpg

I tinkered with individual widget settings and discovered the widgets are positioned in absolute pixels from margins. It would be awesome if users had the option to set graphical elements in relative terms, ie, a percentage of the distance from margins/center.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lockdalf

Feb 7, 2012
Kosice
It would be awesome if users had the option to set graphical elements in relative terms, ie, a percentage of the distance from margins/center.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Nice idea, using relative positioning and size (HTML like?) would make themes more usable on different screen resolutions. However, this would not play well with themes that have the objects designed directly into the wallpaper :confused:

lockdalf

Feb 7, 2012
Kosice
I don't understand what are you trying to say. Can you clear it for me?

Grame, do you have any experience with HTML and CSS?

If you do styling of text in them you have a possibility to chose precise or relative size of text by using tags saying something like:

font-size: 16px - this is absolute size of text

but you can also say :

font-size: 2em - this is relative size saying that the text should be double the standard size for what ever the default text size is on the device

Same is possible for size and position where you can define them in pixels or percents

As I understand what OP said, Themer now uses positioning in pixels (absolute) like setting the battery status 10 pixels from right border and 10 from top. If theme instead allowed for percentage (as well as pixels) it would help with scalability of themes for different sizes and resolutions. As I said the only issue to solve would be graphics that are built into the wallpaper.