Is this Bricked?

Search This thread

mehrab1131

Aug 17, 2012
Hello everyone!
I tried to Upgrade this S2 i9100 phone from android 2.3 to 4.1.2. I used ODIN 1.87 and I9100XWMS3 ROM. when I started ODIN to flash the ROM it stucked in connecting or something like that for a long time, so i unplugged the cable and removed the battery. after that I can't turn on the phone, or go to Download/Recovery mode and anything I do just the first picture appears.

So is it Bricked or something?
is there any soulution?

when plug it to pc and open ODIN, it recognizes the phone. and when I try to flash the ROM it fails (like the second picture).

Attachments

• IMG_20140623_191431591_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140623_191431591_HDR.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 25

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Probably not bricked; that picture of the phone/PC on the screen means the phone is in forced download mode. One way or another you need to get a successful Odin flash, and the way you do that is find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & go through the troubleshooting steps in a methodical way as many times as you need to until you do get a successful flash.

Reactions: andrewwright

mehrab1131

Aug 17, 2012
Probably not bricked; that picture of the phone/PC on the screen means the phone is in forced download mode. One way or another you need to get a successful Odin flash, and the way you do that is find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & go through the troubleshooting steps in a methodical way as many times as you need to until you do get a successful flash.

Thanks man. I was freaked out, because it's someone else's phone. when you said it's a forced download mode, I thought there must be some way. and I've found the solution here:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/general/repair-i9100g-samsung-galaxy-s2-flashed-t1448765

I just thought that the Phone was a i9100 like my old one, but it turned out to be a i9100G. So originally a wrong firmware caused the problem. and the pit file in that topic solved it.

Thanks again man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.