[DISCONTINUED] [ROM] [.254] [v4] Project aoSP by whitemamba

Search This thread

qamu74

Nov 7, 2012
Hatvan
I was on 257. I rooted it and installed a recovery. Made a factory reset and booted it. I installed the rom from recovery without factory reset. After all, i installed a new kernel via flashtool. I made recovery again (ric daemon suxx). That's all.

Sent from my Sony Xperia SP

thx!
But how and which kernel install..

whitemamba

Apr 28, 2012
Singapore
Hi,

It's a nice ROM until we've got CM :)

Some tips for next release:
AOSPize dial screen
Don't attach /system/bin/ric (we don't need reboot on rw mount)
Replace SemcCalendar to Calendar (and GoogleCalendarSyncProvider)
Add AOSP/CM email client/Exchange2

Anyway, good job, thanks!

OK, I will add those in. The reason why I did not include the calendar was because it does not show up on the app drawer, and I may have to look into that later on. Good suggestions, thanks!

Is frontal camera working or it has black screen? (on SP kernel)
cuz clean n tweaked rom has black screen with SPkernel

Front camera is working with this ROM, double-checked it for you.

not for locked bootloader,,,,,,:(

I think for locked boot loader this also works, according to other users.

Superb job! :good: kudos to the dev.

• looked at the screenshots. how is the camera performance? is the noise in the pictures reduced? consider investing time in building a kernel with improvements for the camera so that the EXMOR-RS sensor is used at its best. else, its just another joke and publicity stunt by Sony.
  • Rather Sony, should at first place work on this, but if we have experienced rom devs on the forum, we have some light for improvements in future! :)
Regards,
Karan.

The camera performance is OK, as far as I can tell, which is not much. I can't give a fair statement as my camera lens is badly scratched (by god knows what) and now the images are cloudy and noisy. Gotta replace it soon. The most shocking fact is, I didn't even touch the lens with anything, and the rim of the lens is still perfectly bezelled and scratch-free. :confused:

I may try to build a kernel in the near future. No promises though. :D

Reactions: mr_1999

qamu74

Nov 7, 2012
Hatvan
Perfect free ROM....

Screenshot_2013-08-29-01-11-57_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

D

Deleted member 4529355

Contact picture not showing when receiving or making a call, Only in dialer and contacts

Reactions: whitemamba

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Last edited:

karan999

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 3, 2008
whitemamba said:
The camera performance is OK, as far as I can tell, which is not much. I can't give a fair statement as my camera lens is badly scratched (by god knows what) and now the images are cloudy and noisy. Gotta replace it soon. The most shocking fact is, I didn't even touch the lens with anything, and the rim of the lens is still perfectly bezelled and scratch-free. :confused:

I may try to build a kernel in the near future. No promises though. :D

• Making a new kernel for the camera optimization will only solve the problem of noise in the images.
  • a rom upgrade will not solve the problem.
  • all the best for your future work here on the forums.

Regards,
Karan.

mansoorarb

Oct 9, 2012
mumbai
Google Pixel 4a
Last edited:

whitemamba

Apr 28, 2012
Singapore
Bro..... My fone is rooted ,remodeled and recovery installed..... But I have a doubt about flashing kernel ......for flashing kernel bootloader should be unlocked :confused:

Sent from my C5302 using xda premium

You don't have to flash a custom kernel to boot the ROM, SPKernel is just recommended, stock kernel also works though. Just flash it without wiping data and you will be alright.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kotarohp84

May 9, 2006
I can not transfer photos saved to SD card, better imaging capabilities, but I still expect it to be further improved. Everything fine and smooth, I love this Rom.
Regards,
kotaro.

whitemamba

Apr 28, 2012
Singapore
I've no caller's name too when receiving call or making. Only call number...

I understand. This is something to do with the AOSP dialer and People app I have used. I know you guys want to know who is calling you, and I am working on this right now. The fix will be in a flashable zip format.

I can not transfer photos saved to SD card, better imaging capabilities, but I still expect it to be further improved. Everything fine and smooth, I love this Rom.
Regards,
kotaro.

There is a problem with the 4.3 camera, which is you cannot save to external SD Card. So I guess the way is to use the 4.2 camera or the stock one, which I will include in a add-on later.

D

Deleted member 4529355

Everything was very good, but please make it as AOSP as possible, delete anything Sony:

-Album
-Socialife
-Smart Connect
-Walkman

Even DLNA, most people dont use it. Also, I replaced the bootanimation with the "Google edition" one from the S4

Reactions: whitemamba

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PROJECT AOSP

READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING! YOU CAN WIPE DATA NOW!

Downloads and instructions on Post 2!
    Changelog on Post 3!
    Screenshots and banners on Post 4!

Features:
    Code:
    - Debloated and Deodexed!
    - All system icons from AOSP (e.g. WiFi, Signal, Battery, Navigation bar, etc)
    - Themed all the toggles (except NFC, WiFi Hotspot and Data Roaming as there are no AOSP icons out there) to CM/AOSP
    - Changed icons to the official CyanogenMod ones, so now they FOLLOW YOUR THEME ACCENT! 
    - Changed "Clear All" button to AOSP
    - Moved all toggles to the bottom so it looks more CM! Remove the toggles if your want 99% AOSP!
    - Added AOSP Lockscreen! Music widget also shows up when you play music
    - Added AOSP theme accent to change clock and date colour in the notifications!
    - Themed SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, Settings.apk, and some other apps!
    - Ported and used AOSP Trebuchet, Apollo, contacts, dialer, camera, gallery, keyboard, CM File manager, clock, calculator apps!
    - SD Read/Write tweaks!
    - build.prop tweaks!
    - !init.d tweaks!
    - Pre-rooted!
    - Project Fluid!
    - Based on latest .[B]254 FW![/B]
    - Added SeraJR Tab n Grid 28 toggles! You're gonna love this :good:
    - Added AROMA installer
    - Modified the framework and added AOSP icons (except the toggle is still kind of scr*wed up)
    - Added AOSP task switcher and animations
    - Added 5-button NavBar
    - Added options for small DPI mods (28 DPI, 32 DPI, 36 DPI, 40 DPI and Gamer Edition)
    - Added DSP Manager and Email to customisable apps
    - Added sound mods
    - Added a choice for the stock lockscreen
    - Added kernel so it installs automatically together with the kernel (unless you select otherwise)
    - Fixed the android.acore error so you can clean install now
    - MANY MANY MORE! :laugh: THIS ROM IS 99% AOSP (APART FROM TOGGLES AND IN-CALL SCREEN)! YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE UNLESS YOU SCRUTINISE THE WHOLE PHONE! :D

To do:
    Code:
    - Add more scripts and tweaks (e.g. V6 Supercharger, etc etc)
    - AOSP in-call screen (hopefully)
    - Tell me stuff you want to add!

Credits:
    Code:
    - XperienceD
    - NOSsZ
    - CyanogenMod Team
    - Google
    - Rycon33
    - SeraJR
    - niaboc79
    - Anyone else I forgot to mention! Sorry!
    Sharing:
    Code:
    If you want to share this ROM in other forums, please include a link to this thread and credit me. You have to send me a PM with the link as well.

If you want to use my ROM as a base/etc, PM me as well to let me know. :p In your ROM thread you have to state the link to this thread and credit me too.

Review by Kiatheking (subscribe pls):

THANK ME IF YOU LIKE THE ROM!

Downloads and Instructions

Downloads: MEGA or Baidu Disk (Slower)

Instructions for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS:
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Wipe DATA FIRST!
    3. Install ROM. The .254 Kernel is already included, just select it at the install screen to install it.
    5. Reboot. Twice

Instructions for LOCKED BOOTLOADERS:
    1. Download the ROM
    2. Wipe DATA FIRST!
    3. Install ROM. Same thing, but don't install .254 Kernel
    5. Reboot. Twice

To enable AOSP Keyboard, go to settings/language and
    Input, and check it. You should know the rest

[v4] RELEASED!

Hey guys!

Guess what? v4 is FINALLY RELEASED!

Let's kickstart this thread with this release!
    Changelog

- Based on latest .254 FW!
    - Added AROMA installer
    - Modified the framework and added AOSP icons (except the toggle is still kind of scr*wed up)
    - Added 5-button NavBar
    - Added options for small DPI mods (28 DPI, 32 DPI, 36 DPI, 40 DPI and Gamer Edition)
    - Added sound mods
    - Added kernel so it installs automatically together with the kernel (unless you select otherwise)
    - Added full screen lock screen!
    - Added transparency for trebuchet!
    - Added Trebuchet settings!
    - MANY MANY MORE! :laugh: THIS ROM IS 99% AOSP (APART FROM TOGGLES AND IN-CALL SCREEN)! YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE UNLESS YOU SCRUTINISE THE WHOLE PHONE! :D

DOWNLOAD NOW FROM MEGA!
    P.S. This is the last few days I am developing for you guys. I have End of Year examinations coming up and I need to study all the time (so no time for android!) I will still be here to answer questions though. Be back at 15 Oct 2013. Wish me luck! :fingers-crossed:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Wipe data
    2. Flash this ROM (follow the instructions on screen)
    3. Reboot. Twice just to make sure.

MAKE SURE YOU WIPE DATA FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING! OR SYSTEMUI.APK MAY FC!

THANK THIS POST IF YOU LIKE THIS VERSION! AND THANK THE WHOLE OP IF YOU HAVEN'T!
    Changelog

v1

Initial release

v2

- Themed all the toggles (except NFC, WiFi Hotspot and Data Roaming as there are no AOSP icons out there) to AOSP
    - Changed some icons from previous "sneak previews" to the official CyanogenMod ones, so now they FOLLOW YOUR THEME ACCENT!
    - Fixed some size issues even more! Now the toggles are beautiful!
    - Changed "Clear All" button to AOSP
    - Moved all toggles to the bottom so it looks more CM! Remove the toggles if your want 99% AOSP!
    - MADE A FLASHABLE AROMA ZIP (for preparation of the upcoming ROM) SO INSTALLATION IS EASIER!!!

v3

Made into a ROM
    - Added AOSP Lockscreen! Music widget also shows up when you play music
    - Added AOSP theme accent to change clock and date colour in the notifications!
    - Themed SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, Settings.apk, and some other apps!
    - Ported and used AOSP Apollo, contacts, dialer, camera, gallery, keyboard, CM File manager, clock, calculator apps!
    - SD Read/Write tweaks!
    - build.prop tweaks!
    - !init.d tweaks!
    - Pre-rooted!
    - Project Fluid!

v4

- Based on latest .254 FW!
    - Added AROMA installer
    - Added 5-button NavBar
    - Added sound mods
    - Added full screen lock screen!
    - Added transparency for trebuchet!
    - Added Trebuchet settings!
    The next update is very soon, just 1 more week (it would be sooner but I was busy)

I managed to get the AOSP task switcher, but there is no small apps (gotta fix that). Meanwhile, it looks great! (The nav bar is not supposed to be like the stock Sony one for the observant ones)

Thank me if you like what you see!

P.S. It WILL be based on the .254 firmware as well, for those who want to know

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app