[Q] Disable Toast Notifications (for a specific app)

Search This thread

BonestormDW8

Apr 15, 2012
Hey guys,

I've been searching for a while now and could not find an answer: Is there a way (an app, framework module, flashable zip, whatever) to disable toast notifications? Ideally, this should work for a specific app but if that's not possible disabling them in total would be fine, too.

"Why would you do that", you may ask. Well, the thing is, I use the app "Best Wifi" to switch my wifi automatically at home since I'm using a repeater there. But as soon as I'm in an area without wifi connection, it tries to connect to a wifi and keeps on sending toast notifications with "no APN found blabla" every 15 seconds. Thats especially disturbing when I use my phone as a navigation device in the car. So, it would be great if I could block those toast notifications from popping up.

Currently, I'm using a rooted Nexus 5 with Beanstalk ROM on 4.4.2.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Dominic

Hey guys,

I've been searching for a while now and could not find an answer: Is there a way (an app, framework module, flashable zip, whatever) to disable toast notifications? Ideally, this should work for a specific app but if that's not possible disabling them in total would be fine, too.

"Why would you do that", you may ask. Well, the thing is, I use the app "Best Wifi" to switch my wifi automatically at home since I'm using a repeater there. But as soon as I'm in an area without wifi connection, it tries to connect to a wifi and keeps on sending toast notifications with "no APN found blabla" every 15 seconds. Thats especially disturbing when I use my phone as a navigation device in the car. So, it would be great if I could block those toast notifications from popping up.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Dominic

This answer is based on the assumption that you are using xPosed Framework.
Check this out. According to its developer, it works on Kitkat.
Featured on XDA portal few days ago.

Press Thanks if helped.

Last edited:

Dzwsin

Aug 12, 2015
I have the same issue. However, I can't install any framework on my device. (I'm using an unofficial cm 12.1 build that isn't compatible) and I was wondering if there is any other way to do this? I've done a bit of searching and trial and error with Tasker but haven't figured out any solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Dominic

This answer is based on the assumption that you are using xPosed Framework.
    Check this out. According to its developer, it works on Kitkat.
    Featured on XDA portal few days ago.

Press Thanks if helped.