[Q] Does the M8 Developer Edition work on Verizon?

Search This thread
Oct 4, 2010
Can't find any concrete answers. Does the M8 Developer Edition work on Verizon's network?
I want this phone so bad but can't stand Verizon's lockdowns!!

Thank you

Rtistique

Dec 10, 2009
i cant find the answer no where. i need to find out before 14 day so i can return this HTC one.

Can't find any concrete answers. Does the M8 Developer Edition work on Verizon's network?

Thank you

Definitely NOT. The Google Play store mentions in a footnote that it will only work on T-Mobile & AT&T.

My name's Harold and I'm a flashaholic....

Reactions: Izeltokatl

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Definitely NOT. The Google Play store mentions in a footnote that it will only work on T-Mobile & AT&T.

It could still work, we'd need someone to test. The M7 developer edition supported T-Mobile but only on 3G/FauxG. But flashing the T-Mobile radio to it enabled LTE connectivity.

---------------
Sent from the all new HTC One M8

Oct 4, 2010
i figured id be the guinea pig and since i have patience issues i ordered one today to try it myself.
i ordered by phone due to checkout issues and the rep said theres no reason it shouldnt work
worst case scenario i guess is i send it back

Last edited:
Reactions: mrbracht

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
I was under the impression the Dev edition was GSM only.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Possibly. But the spec sheet for our model doesn't mention the T-Mobile compatibility we've seen so far. I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if HTC just used software/firmware to disable bands (or maybe not at all) in order to avoid making 5+ different pieces of hardware.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
Possibly. But the spec sheet for our model doesn't mention the T-Mobile compatibility we've seen so far. I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if HTC just used software/firmware to disable bands (or maybe not at all) in order to avoid making 5+ different pieces of hardware.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How long until it ships? If you get it within 12 days, I'll return my retail and go dev.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
The developer edition only works with GSM carriers. VZW is CDMA.

According to the website, yes. But it very likely has the CDMA radio hardware in there in order to save HTC the cost of manufacturing multiple devices. Much like how our locked model can connect to T-Mobile LTE, though you will find no mention of those bands being supported.

colts187

Jan 3, 2012
Little Rock
The only devices that work with Verizon are ones that are "certified" by them. There has been talk of a developer edition specifically for Verizon.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: norb84

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It could still work, we'd need someone to test. The M7 developer edition supported T-Mobile but only on 3G/FauxG. But flashing the T-Mobile radio to it enabled LTE connectivity.

---------------
    Sent from the all new HTC One M8
    I contacted HTC yesterday. The rep told me that both the Unlocked (sim unlocked) and Developer models will operate on Verizon.

Thank you

Isn't that the Google Edition? That will not work on Verizon. But I believe the OP is asking about the Developer edition.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    i figured id be the guinea pig and since i have patience issues i ordered one today to try it myself.
    i ordered by phone due to checkout issues and the rep said theres no reason it shouldnt work
    worst case scenario i guess is i send it back