FM Radio in ICS (need tester)

Search This thread

PlacidFury

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I really, really wish I knew enough to help on this. I could test, if someone would be kind enough to give (or link to) instructions on giving back useful info...
I still use my Rhodium (thanks to XDA at least, as it has Android on it now) and I really miss the FM radio in Android. Comes in very handy when you don't have or can't have a data connection...

toonsofpcs

Aug 14, 2012
Willing to test.

Willing to test on my A500 currently running CM10-unofficial-(lastnight) (JellyBean).
Note that it is possible (if not likely) that there is nothing hooked to the FM antenna line on the chip. If that's the case, I can test in a high-RF zone if necessary to at least get a proof of concept (once the software starts, that is -- unless perhaps the previously mentioned 'waiting to start' message is actually it attempting to scan for a station and failing and getting stuck in a loop?).

Let me know what I can do to help.

- tonsofpcs (yees, I know).

oliveira92

Dec 13, 2010
Hello guys! Just to let you know.

Back in the days where I was working as developer, to get FM radio working on the device I had, it was necessary to have a CUSTOM WAY to route the audio from the FM receiver to the speaker. That's achievable only through heavy modifications on the libaudio of the tablet.

Even if the app installs, if the lib works, the bluetooth turn on, it still requires the mods in the libaudio. Don't get you hopes to high.

toonsofpcs

Aug 14, 2012
Well, RDS decoding would show that it works (or perhaps a simple 19k pilot detection algorithm). Once at that stage, we can worry about routing audio but without a working demod you have no reason to worry about audio.

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts