[Q] S3 - I9300XXUGML2 - GalaxSim Unlock not working, what to do to have data?

Search This thread

rgs88

Feb 2, 2014
Hello,

I just installed I9300XXUGML2 on my i9300, the problem is that when trying to use GalaxSim unlock it says it is still not supported in this version.

I have the EVR version of the ROM which says it is Everywhere in UK and I am using Giffgaff. I have calls but still no internet even after configuring giffgaff APN options.

In 4.1.2 everything was working correctly, although I know that installing 4.1.2 from 4.3 could create issues.

What do you suggest?

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Hello,

I just installed I9300XXUGML2 on my i9300, the problem is that when trying to use GalaxSim unlock it says it is still not supported in this version.

I have the EVR version of the ROM which says it is Everywhere in UK and I am using Giffgaff. I have calls but still no internet even after configuring giffgaff APN options.

In 4.1.2 everything was working correctly, although I know that installing 4.1.2 from 4.3 could create issues.

What do you suggest?

Hi little confused if you are using Giffgaff sim these can only be used in unlocked phones.Why would you need GalaxySim unlock! If you have calls then your phone is unlocked?...:)

rgs88

Feb 2, 2014
Hi little confused if you are using Giffgaff sim these can only be used in unlocked phones.Why would you need GalaxySim unlock! If you have calls then your phone is unlocked?...:)

Indeed, that is what I do not understand. I have calls but not Internet and I was thinking it was because galaxsim unlock has not be runned.

I placed the APN giffgaff settings in several ways but nothing seems working. I have the H+ symbol on top but just not having internet....

I really dont know what to do.

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Galaxy Sim doesn't work on new 4.3 update but you don't need it anyway you are unlocked if you weren't you would not be able to make calls.I would suggest trying another 4.3 stock rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rgs88

Feb 2, 2014
Galaxy Sim doesn't work on new 4.3 update but you don't need it anyway you are unlocked if you weren't you would not be able to make calls.I would suggest trying another 4.3 stock rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Got it now... Sometimes the most obvious is not evident. I just changed how I paid giffgaff some weeks ago and it did not activate for this month, so I just paid and everything is OK now, thanks for your help. :)