Nor Quadrant neither Antutu does work on extreme versions of gl notecore

Search This thread

Husson_Ally

Jul 7, 2012
please guys i dont know is it normal or not so let me know that why does it always gets stuck on 3d tests while performing any benchmark using any of the overclocked versions gl notecore kernel. I really like that kernel but also do want some overclocking but whenever i try doing benchmark test using the extreme versions it gets stuck on the earth and moon rotation animation-testing screen and on antutu on the screen where battalion army animation is shown.
I have tried v2, v4, v5 v6 and till v8 extreme versions(overclocked) of gl notecore kernel. Tried and tested on rocket rom v7, kindroid v4.2 v4 3 and v5.1.1 also on latest and greatest clean note v4 but everytime it got stuck. It never happened to me on overclocked franco's kernel r5 nor did it ever happened on any cm9 or aokp roms while running anidroid kernel. So guys if you can help me out your help would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Husson_Ally

Jul 7, 2012
i dont think so

I guess it's your device because I have used both benchmarks with gl notecore extreme and everything went all right.

I'm using v8 with criskelo's rom v10

Even i thought so at first but then why does other overclocking kernel work then and also once in the blue moon the overclocked gl notecore had worked suddenly but since then it has not. Please someone help me out.

androiadicted

Jul 29, 2012
please guys i dont know is it normal or not so let me know that why does it always gets stuck on 3d tests while performing any benchmark using any of the overclocked versions gl notecore kernel. I really like that kernel but also do want some overclocking but whenever i try doing benchmark test using the extreme versions it gets stuck on the earth and moon rotation animation-testing screen and on antutu on the screen where battalion army animation is shown.
I have tried v2, v4, v5 v6 and till v8 extreme versions(overclocked) of gl notecore kernel. Tried and tested on rocket rom v7, kindroid v4.2 v4 3 and v5.1.1 also on latest and greatest clean note v4 but everytime it got stuck. It never happened to me on overclocked franco's kernel r5 nor did it ever happened on any cm9 or aokp roms while running anidroid kernel. So guys if you can help me out your help would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Delete ypur init.d folder....

Reactions: Husson_Ally

androiadicted

Jul 29, 2012
I face this similar issue. May be the EX version is not for us. :(

For me it is, just use his rom. No tweaks that will conflict his kernel. Using now his rom and his beta 8.2 at full speed.
Not a single sod ore freez. Antutu 7300, quadrant 5300.

Please if you use a custom rom, delete all init.d. Those are his words. You can find it in system,etc,init.d

Husson_Ally

Jul 7, 2012
i tried it all

Yes i already checked for that folder in system/etc but i cant locate one.

For me it is, just use his rom. No tweaks that will conflict his kernel. Using now his rom and his beta 8.2 at full speed.

Please if you use a custom rom, delete all init.d. Those are his words. You can find it in system,etc,init.d

By his rom do you mean cleannote v4 as it is the current rom im running. Also i checked for that folder but it is already not present there. Also now i have noticed that on his v8.1ex version i get screen freezes while running quadrant which only way to get rid off is restart the phone. Im loving his kernel guys its extremely smooth but just help me out with this problem as i wanna flaunt its performance through technical data. Lol
Thanks for your support guys.

Last edited:

androiadicted

Jul 29, 2012

By his rom do you mean cleannote v4 as it is the current rom im running. Also i checked for that folder but it is already not present there. Also now i have noticed that on his v8.1ex version i get screen freezes while running quadrant which only way to get rid off is restart the phone. Im loving his kernel guys its extremely smooth but just help me out with this problem as i wanna flaunt its performance through technical data. Lol

Well some phones do not like oc and uv. You should do a clean install and do not restore apps and system with tittanium backup.
First test your cleanote without your apps. i use nofrills for to set my cpu. Do not use set cpu because many users experiance problems with that.

Good luck

Husson_Ally

Jul 7, 2012
no results.

Well some phones do not like oc and uv. You should do a clean install and do not restore apps and system with tittanium backup.
First test your cleanote without your apps. i use nofrills for to set my cpu. Do not use set cpu because many users experiance problems with that.

Good luck

Hey mate i have already done as you said. I have not restored any app through titanium back up. Infact i do not have titanium even installed on my note on cleannote v4. There is no set cpu installed too. Btw i tried with no frill but still no luck.
One tiny little request if you can will you post the link of this thread on galvin's kernel thread so that might be able to help me as of right now im veey junior member so according to xda rules i cant.
Thanks for your time buddy.

lifehijack

Feb 21, 2011
Mumbai
dineshrathodsblog.wordpress.com
Hi, as you requested, he did post your thread link over at the NOTECORE kernel thread. However, as I mentioned above, I m facing the same issue and have read the kernel developers answer on this as well. Acc to him, not every phone can support the EX version. Its due to the difference in voltages. My phone cannot handle the EX version as well. However, I m happy to stick with the Standard version. If you're looking for great Quadrant and Antutu scores, just change the governer to pegasusq using SetCPU or any similar app, uncheck Power saving option and then run the test couple of times. I always get around 4400 Quadrant and 7100 Antutu scores.

Husson_Ally

Jul 7, 2012
thanks guys

Hi, as you requested, he did post your thread link over at
the NOTECORE kernel thread. However, as I mentioned above, I m facing the same issue and have read the kernel developers answer on this as well. Acc to him, not every phone can support the EX version. Its due to the difference in voltages. My phone cannot handle the EX version as well. However, I m happy to stick with the Standard version. If you're looking for great Quadrant and Antutu scores, just change the governer to pegasusq using SetCPU or any similar app, uncheck Power saving option and then run the test couple of times. I always get around 4400 Quadrant and 7100 Antutu scores.

Thanks to all of you guys for your wonderful support and help throughout. oh so atleast now i know whats the reason for that thanks anyways lifehijack and yeah i hit the thanks button for all of you.
Also many thanks for posting this link on gl notecore kernel thread
So is there anyways we could play around with these voltages and make it work. May be some technical experts here might have the answer to that i hope.

Last edited:

azcamm27

Jul 29, 2012
Im using notecore 8.1 ex with classic rom v3 and they both run fine have got pretty good scores too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Husson_Ally

Jul 7, 2012
All you need is the setCPU app (search in xda forums,you'll find it) and change the governer from ONDEMAND to pegasusq, that's it.

Yes bro i have done just the same as an alternative to ex version and it gives onsiderable performance and scores but will always have a craving for extreme version. Hope to get some technical help from xda experts to make ex version run on my note just fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-29-12-16-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-29-12-16-43.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 48

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
As has already been mentioned not all phones are equal. your needs more core voltage than what my extreme kernel is configured for. if i increased it you would then complain about heat and battery life getting worse.

Stick with my standard version as that uses stock cpu voltages and frequencies. If you took the time to read the OP and even the last few pages of the thread you would have seen this mentioned.

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
You can use tegrak to adapt the frequency and the voltage. This way you can set the frequencies that suit best for your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note running ICS

Husson_Ally

Jul 7, 2012
As has already been mentioned not all phones are equal. your needs more core voltage than what my extreme kernel is configured for. if i increased it you would then complain about heat and battery life getting worse.

Stick with my standard version as that uses stock cpu voltages and frequencies. If you took the time to read the OP and even the last few pages of the thread you would have seen this mentioned.
No bro im not like that complainbox guy. Anyways i dunno why and how or may be you read this post and improved it in your version 9 ex but now your ex v9 works perfectly fine on my note and yes buddy i have read your op around 4 to 5 times and everytime i install your newer version of kernel. And i wanna give you a big thank you for making us soo many wondeful kernels. Your are awesome mate.
I actually cant believe that such a wonderful and big developer came to my thread to help. Once again thanks alot and also a big thanks to androiadicted for posting this link on galvin's thread.

You can use tegrak to adapt the frequency and the voltage. This way you can set the frequencies that suit best for your phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note running ICS

Thanks for you advice mate ill check it out. Any recommended voltages and frequencies?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I guess it's your device because I have used both benchmarks with gl notecore extreme and everything went all right.

I'm using v8 with criskelo's rom v10

Thanks in advance.

Good luck