[FAQ][CM10.1/10.2/11][Galaxy S III Mini][GT-I8190]

Search This thread

Guess.

Sep 29, 2015
Well, It's an official ROM. Even when rooted I couldn't boot in recovery mode
The only way to boot in recovery mode was through the Android DSK

Jrincon_v

Feb 12, 2012
[ROM][5.1.1] CyanogenMod 12.1 [stable: 20151204] After install this rom the bittons menu and back just stop working, some one know a solution to this issue, thanks in advance.

roitza

May 2, 2012
Hello there. I installed the unofficial cm12.1 and i am have impressed so far and so I decided to root it and I went for the first root I found(supersu 1.04, it says). Of course it screwed the phone. I tried a couple of one click root, but seems that the poor sIII mini isnt supported supported. So I ask, how can I safetly root cm 12.1? Because I'm afraid to try any other method.

Edit: Ok so after half hour of digging I found out I was an idiot. Anyway solved the problem in the meantime so sry for the useless post.
The problem was solved using the supersu 2.46: https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/;

Last edited:

xpil

Nov 14, 2016
Spirit2 doesn't work on our device. Use the spirit FM attached instead. Also you need supersu systemmode too, not the official systemless , otherwise it won't work, grab it here.

I followed your directions I flashed supersu system mode (the 2.79 sr3 version I believe). I checked via a root checker and it was installed correctly.
Then I installed the spirit program that you provided. When I tried to run it though, the Bluetooth sign came on for a couple of seconds and then I got a number of su errors. As a result still NO radio.....Could somebody help?

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
I followed your directions I flashed supersu system mode (the 2.79 sr3 version I believe). I checked via a root checker and it was installed correctly.
Then I installed the spirit program that you provided. When I tried to run it though, the Bluetooth sign came on for a couple of seconds and then I got a number of su errors. As a result still NO radio.....Could somebody help?

Running flawlessly here with LOS 13. Uninstall spirit, flash the new SuperSU update, install spirit again & grant rights when su asks for them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people,
    I hope this can help those who ask some common questions in all threads or just don't read the OP or the OP hasn't Q&A, so let's start.

Q: How to install/update Cyanogenmod roms?
    A: Follow this tutorial.

Q: Where can I find Gapps?
    A: Here, here, here or here. For light gapps go here.

Q: How to enable the developer options?
    A: Settings>About phone> click 7 times on build number.

Q: How to enable advanced reboot?
    A: Go to: System settings->Developer options->Advanced reboot.

Q: Advanced reboot doesn't work for me. Any solution?
    A: Yes, take a look here (3 Button Combo).

Q: Where can I find the latest baseband for I8190, I8190N or I8190L?
    A: Here.

Q: After installing CM rom I have no signal. Any solution?
    A: Here (Pit file & Modem folder).

Q: What is the Panda application (CM10.2)?
    A: It's for saving battery, it disable one core & sets the governor to ondemand.

Q: I have the "1Ghz bug", how to fix it?
    A: Reboot the device with wifi off. If for some reason still doesn't work change the governor & the scheduler to Pegasusq + Sio or Deadline. You can also try this app, it will solve your problem permanently, for sure.

Q: How to enable softkeys haptic feedback?
    A: Softkeys haptic feedback is disabled by default. You need to follow this tutorial to enable it.

Q: How to enable automatic brightness?
    A: Download this app.

Q: After install CM11 my clock froze! Any solution?
    A: Uninstall Lockclock.apk from system apps or try that:
    - Keep the phone plugged on charger/pc
    - Keep mobile data (3G/2G) on
    - Keep wifi on

Q: How to disable the buttons backlight?
    A: Go to system settings-buttons-backlight & uncheck "Illuminate buttons".
    If don't work for you, download BLN control from Google Play Store, here.

Q: I installed CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 rom but I can't find radio fm app. Any solution?
    A: Yes. Download Spirit FM Free from here.
    Do that only if it doesn't work with the default settings:
    1 - If you are in Europe: Settings->Band->World... (Anyone).
    2 - Settings->Audio->Method->Galaxy S3/Note/S2_ICS.

Q: How to enable the pie controls & navigation buttons?
    A: First you need a file explorer, then add this line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 to /system/build.prop & reboot the phone to activate the on screen buttons (Navigation Bar). Then go to Settings>System>Power menu>Expanded desktop & activate it & then you will see pie control in the Settings>System menu.

Q: I want to try other kernel, but I can't because of F2FS. What can I do?
    A: Take a look here & here.

Q: How to keep Xposed Framework installed after update the rom?
    A: Read this.

Q: Where can I find amazing themes for TWRP recovery?
    A: Here, here & here.

Q: How can I help the development of any ROM?
    A: Not with, "+1", "FC", "me too", "same bug here", blablabla. These comments are USELESS.

Q: So, how can I really help?
    A: Simple. Remember doing this you're helping the developer & yourself, you're intelligent, so you understand what I'm saying, right!?!

Do that in the right ROM thread:

Phone model:
    Baseband version:
    ROM version:
    Did you?
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:
    Are you using?
    a task killer:
    the kernel (boot.img) in the zip or other:
    Settings/Performance settings (other than default):
    What steps will reproduce the problem?
    But the most important thing is this: attach a LOGCAT of the problem.

Q: Ok nice, but I’m noob & I don’t know how to LOGCAT, where can I learn?
    A: Here, here or stop being lazy & search in XDA forums.

Battery Saving Tips: Here or you can take a look here & put an end to the problems with the battery:D

Special thanks to:​
    Macław
    Marcin1147
    OliverG96
    Benzonat0r
    Tys0n
    Diego-ch
    Lupohirp
    Tom3q
    Mikereidis
    Dariolob
    Ppero196
    Hasdroid
    Ronin790
    Cipher666
    Eswarvf
    Fred6681
    Tenshi_xp
    Scattoit
    Rirozizo
    Joelalmeidaptg
    Mattiawhite
    Modding.MyMind
    SethPDA
    TKruzze
    Juliàcarax
    Audiominimal
    Aavvaallooss
    Blackknightavalon
    Ave_Hornet
    XDA Developers

If you find relevant questions that should be here, just let me know & I'll add them to the FAQ
    Thanks for reading & hope this helps you in anyway
    I'd spent the entire day doing searches on how to root my phone, got all sorts of information in my brain and some of the questions were more confirmatory and leading to to 3&4. My phone isn't in English and I'm not that familiar with the android vocabulary so sometimes I just can't think of specific search terms and honestly just can't find anything. Being tired doesn't help :) Thanks for your help though! Now I've got a fresher brain so lets see if I can now find what I'm looking for a bit easier.

P.S. it's short for "how the app was before switching to cyanogenmod" ;)
    I think you are still new you will get habituated with this stuff and if u want to go to cm rom backup with twrp/cwm (whatever) so even if u r stuck at something, u can easily restore and ive got a trick for you
    1. get the android folder inside sd card to save data and all apks (in my sense manual method is safe method )
    2. use this app (i know you will like it) and
    3. swipe left in the app and you will see user app tab
    4. in user app there will be your installed apps in apks

any questions ??? just pm me and get used to search bars
    @mauam you might want to check this out and for some dolphin users too: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1319529

Sent from my E151

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

This one too, would be helpful for all! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2435568

Sent from my E151
    very useful info! thanks!

i have a question:

what do you mean by enable developers? i've tried it on stock and nothing happens :)

First of all, thank you for reading. Regarding your question, it only works on cm roms.
    Hi, is it possible to remove gapps completely without doing a full wipe? I'm using maclaws latest cm 10.2 with his gapps.
    Wanna try if NOGAAPS work with my s3mini. Did anybody tried this already on our device?
    Thanks

You can delete '70-gapps.sh' at system/addon.d and flash cm again. So gapps will not be kept.

Have fun!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk 2