[KERNEL][SingleSim] KTT [OC][UV][CWM]

Search This thread

BlackArtsInc

Apr 26, 2012
Athens
Well,I think the only way forward is KitKat for us so I'd suggest a CM11 based kernel.So far we don't have many choices,so please consider making one for 4.4.x ROMs!
N.

Not sent from my Xperia.

Reactions: mufti.arfan

mufti.arfan

Feb 2, 2013
Kashmir
Why not make one for both ;)

Well,I think the only way forward is KitKat for us so I'd suggest a CM11 based kernel.So far we don't have many choices,so please consider making one for 4.4.x ROMs!
N.

Not sent from my Xperia.

Just a basic type OC kernel for 4.3 yet with few 'optimizations' here and there .
Will do for Cyanogenmod too after 4.3. Can't switch between roms so frequently , you see. :p

Sent from my C1904 using XDA Free mobile app

WoJtOn

Jun 6, 2012
Bump.

If anybody reads this, let me know on what should be the next kernel based on? For cyanogenmod or stock 4.3? :)

Sent from my C1904 using XDA Free mobile app

Absolutely stock 4.3. Afaik, there are at least 2 OC kernels available for CM11, yet there is not a single one for stock 4.3 users. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mufti.arfan

WoJtOn

Jun 6, 2012
dude yes there is, znxt evolution and sdxnicki lite

I know about ZNXT Evolution Kernel, but I don't think it has OC (at least it isn't listed as one of the features) and is generally meant for ZNXT Evo ROM. However, I didn't know about SDXNicki Lite Kernel - well, I knew there is a CM11 version of it, but never thought there is 4.3 version aswell. Thanks for the info, definitely gonna try it!

That said, SDXNicki Lite Kernel is based on 15.4.A.0.23 sources, so another kernel, based on newer 15.4.A.1.9 firmware would be nice (although I'm not sure if there is any difference in kernel between these 2 firmwares) :)

Last edited:

8hodgsonkh

Jan 16, 2014
Carlisle
I know about ZNXT Evolution Kernel, but I don't think it has OC (at least it isn't listed as one of the features) and is generally meant for ZNXT Evo ROM. However, I didn't know about SDXNicki Lite Kernel - well, I knew there is a CM11 version of it, but never thought there is 4.3 version aswell. Thanks for the info, definitely gonna try it!

That said, SDXNicki Lite Kernel is based on 15.4.A.0.23 sources, so another kernel, based on newer 15.4.A.1.9 firmware would be nice (although I'm not sure if there is any difference in kernel between these 2 firmwares) :)

If you think ZNXT don't have OC think again - yes it is compatible with stock and is based on newest sources bro.
It has OC up to 1566mhz gpu oc 450mhz, init.d support, auto root and auto busybox install and many many tweaks I get about 16500 rounded to nearest 100 on antutu :p

Reactions: WoJtOn

WoJtOn

Jun 6, 2012
If you think ZNXT don't have OC think again - yes it is compatible with stock and is based on newest sources bro.
It has OC up to 1566mhz gpu oc 450mhz, init.d support, auto root and auto busybox install and many many tweaks I get about 16500 rounded to nearest 100 on antutu :p

For comparison, here is my resuly with stock 4.3 (15.4.A.1.9) and SDXNicki Lite kernel, CPU@1,6GHz:
315bqtx.jpg

Intrestingly, on CM11, with the same kernel and same frequency I only get around 14500 points (demanding games run noticibly slower on CM11 too). I guess stock is the way to go :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i76c9h.png
    KTT
    In the memory of Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
     * not laugh at you. 'pun'
     */

KTT is a kernel meant for Xperia M Single Sim variant(STOCK), with Overclock,Under volt, and Lz4 compression.
    Lz4 compression isn't basically a compression meant for lower sizes, hence the decompression rates are bit faster than other compression methods, hence the initial boot is fast.

Sources/Commits : GitHub
    Current Version: 2.2.6
    Features
    • Built from latest Xperia M[SS] sources: 15.1.C.2.9
    • LZ4 compression
    • CPU Overclock till 1.3Ghz only
    • Undervolting @icoolguy1995
    • SIO I/O Sched.(Default)
    • Intellidemand governor(Default and recommended.)
    • Optimized AES and SHA1 routines
    • Dynamic Fsync 2.0(FAUX123)
    • Added CWM 6.0.4.5
    • VM_READHEAD has been set to 2048 which has reduced the lags/breaks while playing songs.
    • Frandom: A fast random number generator as a kernel module for Linux.(Thanks LINK)
    • Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks @icoolguy1995
    • Init.d support by @Ryuinferno
    Nothing Fancy!..YET :p
    P.S these are features which my commits tell me, I might have missed something.(not possible though LOL)

XDA:DevDB Information
    KTT Kernel for Xperia M Single Sim Variant, a Kernel for the Sony Xperia M

Contributors
    mufti.arfan, http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=5103219, icoolguy1995,faux123,Ryuinferno
    Kernel Special Features: Overclock,Undervolt,LZ4 Compression

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.2.6
    Stable Release Date: 2014-01-26

Created 2014-01-26
    Last Updated 2014-01-26
    Hey man,since there's a new JB update,maybe you'll better focus on the 4.3 kernel.Thanks!
    N.

Not sent from my xPERIA M.
    Changelogs

Changelogs for all releases.

v2.2.6
    [WIP]Undervoltage [WIP]
    Undervolting doesn't seem to work

F.A.Q

Q: Do I need unlocked bootloader for this?
    A: Yes, you can't do any custom sh*t without unlocking the bootloader.

Q: Is it necessary to Overclock?
    A: Depends on your needs, if you want more perfomance while gaming and stuff, you can Overlclock
    Note: Kernel is already running on Intellidemand gov, whose max. frequency by default has been set to 1.3Ghz and min. to 918Mhz

Q:How do I overclock/Underclock or change the governor?
    A: There are various apps in the Playstore for that, for example CPU-Controll etc.

Q: The kernel is s****g my battery, what do I do?
    A: It will only S**k when it is overclocked, underclock it using some cpu controller app.

Q: Which firmware is required for the kernel?
    A: 4.1.x

Q: Where do I download this thing!??
    A: You can download it from the Post 4 of this thread.

Q: This thing is crappy, how do you even made this Sh*t??
    A: IDC :p I'm doing all this on an old P4 machine, with very limited resources(except my net, which is fast).
    So, this can be crappy, because it takes me 40 Minutes to compile one working image. Right?

How do I get this thing working/installing??

Download the ZIP, boot into the recovery and flash it, all the best!

1. Download the ZIP KTT-V***.zip
    2. Copy the zip into your phone/sdcard
    3. Boot into your existing recovery
    4. Select install from SDCARD
    5. Then choose the sdcard you copied it to(internal or external)
    6. Flash it!
    According to SysTune and TricksterMOD the second core runs at 1.35GHz.Please take a look at this.It seems to be a bug indeed.
    N.

Not sent from my xPERIA M.

Yes, I'm aware of that bug. Next release will be free of it, most probably.

Sent from my potato chamber using xda app-developers app