How is Hancom Office compared with Office Suite 7 Pro

Search This thread

minionhunter

Aug 6, 2013
Softmaker seems to have review functions that others don't have line Hancom. It also doesn't take pictures of you without permission like Hancom. (vile behavior)

However Softmaker "now" allows users to copy and paste from other applications you just have to go through a lot of menus to do it.

Microsoft charges you to use its cloud only 365 of you have a tablet over 10.1 inches so you have to pay a lot monthly to use their program. Monthly.

Hancock was interesting when it came out but the market does not stand still. A good app will be along in a year or so.

netizensmith

Jan 28, 2015
"take pictures of you without permission"

Do you have any evidence of this or are you just going by a permissions request to access the camera?

Reactions: locutusx

locutusx

Feb 1, 2013
"take pictures of you without permission"

Do you have any evidence of this or are you just going by a permissions request to access the camera?

yeah, it's funny how much ignorance there is among the general public about Android permissions. the popular Twitter app has "camera permissions" for example, and when it was added all the sheeple were like OMGZ TWITTERZ IS TAKING PICS OF ME TWEETING FROM THE WASHROOMZ!!

:eek:

Hydrochilliman

Mar 5, 2015
Hancom is better. Comparing it directly with Microsoft Office 2013 on a Touch screen laptop. This one is better.

I have Hancome "embedded" on my Galaxy and can't get rid of it. I quite like the suite but want to be able to open and save in Microsoft formats, (docx etc.), as the default but can't see how this can be done.
Can it?:eek:

tohonojd4

Mar 14, 2015
How can I write in cells in Hcell without an external keyboard? Bought Samsung Tab S to replace my old desktop, I didn't have big/sophisticated computing needs that required a desktop or laptop. I've used Microsoft Excel to balance my checkbook against my online banking, and make calendars. I wish I could just write formulas in Hcell with an on-screen keyboard but it's not popping up. Can't find a help topic on this anywhere, just the recommendation to buy an external keyboard, but I hope/expect there's an on-screen keyboard I'm not finding.

locutusx

Feb 1, 2013
first off, i would stop using Hcell immediately. I also use Excel to manage my budget spreadsheets. I spent one evening using Hcell on my Galaxy Tab Pro to update my spreadsheets - later when I opened them in Excel on my PC - they were FCKED UP! like totally messed up. Several hours of work gone.

I spent some time troubleshooting, and basically anything you do in Excel that's not super-easy, i.e. using formulas etc. -- Hcell can't handle it properly. It's basically a child's toy with a fancy-looking interface (which looks like just Excel 2003) and it's that UI which fools everyone (including people in this thread). They judge it by how it looks, barely anyone has actually USED it like me (or TRIED to use it).

Dump Hcell and move to one of the other free alternatives, more readily available on Google Play Store and with 1000x of reviews (so you know they're good).

Reactions: tohonojd4

tohonojd4

Mar 14, 2015
Thank you! What free spreadsheet on Google Play do you recommend?
And is there any way I can type in Hcell with my Samsung Tab S touchscreen without an external keyboard? I ought not need to go back to Excel 97-2003 very much if at all after I've opened in another spreadsheet or Hcell. My main goal in buying the tablet was to replace my 8-9 year old Dell desktop, and later get into the tablet's fun bells and whistles. (I'm not on Google Play much.) I'll probably stick with whatever spreadsheet app I use on the tablet, rarely needing to worry about formatting back to Excel, unless I'm Gmail-ing to myself to print out somewhere (at library or at work). Thanks!

[QUOT=locutus489104]first off, i would stop using Hcell immediately. I also use Excel to manage my budget spreadsheets. I spent one evening using Hcell on my Galaxy Tab Pro to update my spreadsheets - later when I opened them in Excel on my PC - they were FCKED UP! like totally messed up. Several hours of work gone.

I spent some time troubleshooting, and basically anything you do in Excel that's not super-easy, i.e. using formulas etc. -- Hcell can't handle it properly. It's basically a child's toy with a fancy-looking interface (which looks like just Excel 2003) and it's that UI which fools everyone (including people in this thread). They judge it by how it looks, barely anyone has actually USED it like me (or TRIED to use it).

Dump Hcell and move to one of the other free alternatives, more readily available on Google Play Store and with 1000x of reviews (so you know they're good).[/QUOTE]

locutusx

Feb 1, 2013
I'm actually a beta tester for Microsoft Office for Android tablets (which is what I use), but i think that was invite-only so I doubt you can just go to Play Store and grab it.

My friends have told me OfficeSuite 8 is the best.

Also, don't discount Google Docs/Sheets. They have much better Excel compatibility than Hancom, they won't mess up your excel spreadsheets at least. And they are free.

Reactions: tohonojd4

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Office for tablets has been out of beta fit a while now. Problem with it is that tablets with large screens need to have an office 365 subscription to use the full features of the app.

netizensmith

Jan 28, 2015
It's really easy to lose changes in Hancom's word processor. The apps all looks really nice I think but the save system is just bizarre. Telling ti to save to Dropbox does not actually save it to dropbox until you exit the document cleanly. If you just close the app then all your changes are gone. It's not really suitable for my needs, too risky. I guess I need the Microsoft app.

hello people im new on this matter thus i need your help.
i need a cracked office apk with portuguese dictionary for creating mechanic manuals for schoool purpose.
can anyone help me?
i used to use ms office but now i cant anymore because cant find no crack.
hancom and 365 office wont let me use dictionary.
please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HANCOM is better than everything in every respect. Seriously its 99% microsoft office down to all those neat options I never use. It even looks like office with drop down windows and everything

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Its the forst office suite for android that you could actually use for real work (with a bluetooth keyboard of course)

I like hancom but I havent been able to look at these side by side. Is this a legitimate opinion based on using both?

Provided you don't need advanced editing features then yes.

As much as I think Hancom Word is one of the best of its class on Android a full replacement of Microsoft it isn't. One feature that may be critical for those in the market for a "Pro" product is track changes support. I may be wrong, but I can't find it. There's commenting but no track changes options. A simple test that I did was create a document in Word 2007 and saved it into my Dropbox with track changes turned ON. I then loaded that file with Hancom Word, edited and saved it, at which point the file was immediately updated in dropbox. At no time did Hancom Word give any indication of track changes being on, and upon opening the file back up on my workstation the edits were visible with no trace of the changes being tracked. To verify I deleted the edits that were made on the tablet from within Word 2007 on my workstation and immediately the changes were flagged as deleted. Back on the tablet, the markups were invisible BUT the space within which the deleted text should have been was still there (i.e. if I deleted 3 hard lines between two paragraphs there would still be 3 carriage returns visible between those paragraphs in Hancom Word but not visilble in word with review display options set to final).

Lack of track changes is not a deal breaker for me since when I travel I carry my laptop and my tablet and when I'm without my laptop its because I do not intend to do serious editing, but I could see it being an issue for those looking to replace a laptop.

To me if you must have full office compatibility get a surface pro and use office on it. This comes in second, and how close it comes is subjective based upon needs. Unfortunately there's very little information on Hancom's site to sell the product to users on its features so it's difficult for people to decide prior to purchase.
    I work for Samsung and during my training on the new software they told me that Hancom office has approximately 60% of all the features of MS Office. It does not however have some of the programming features that some people may need, I have found out the hard way as a student needed these features and I was unable to help him out. Most people will use about 40% of MS office, so this over exceeds what the majority of people need from the software.
    Hancom office is probably the best Office option currently available for Android tablets. BUT, it is still far from being a full replacement solution of Microsoft Office / Office 365.
    If you need to exchange files with people working with Microsoft, be aware that :
    - they won't be able to open any pptx files created in Hshow. You'd need to work in the now quite old ppt format.
    - you might lose information between Hcell and Excel.
    And note that there are some functionnalities that don't exist in Hword, such as updating a document summary, changing the hierarchy of titles ot bullet points.
    One can't work on several documents of the same format at the same time. For exemple, Hword needs to close the current document if you want to open a new one.

There might be more, but I havn't tested everything.

I actually find the lap top experience of the Note Pro pretty painful. I bought the Logitech Case / bt Keyboard and the S Action mouse. When using productivity tools the experience is OK, but could be better.
    For exemple:
    - it's quite impossible to cut and paste with the mouse.
    - The screen virtual keyboard keeps poping up when I click on another area of any document, even when the bt keyboard is connected...
    - When you open a document (ppt, doc, xls) from "My documents" explorer, you actualy end up with an emulation of the document (the document does not open in the appropriate app), so you can't open another document without closing the previous one...
    - When you switch between any app to Hword, you end up having control over the document menu, so when can't directly start writing on the document where you last left it...
    - There is a slight bug with the logitech keyboard : when you enter a capital letter and then press the tab key quickly, the keyboard end up switching langage instead of putting a space between your words...

To sum it up, if you need a simple text or spreadsheet editor, Hancom Office will do a great job. But if you need a real pro productivity tool or need to work on documents edited by work colleagues on Microsoft Office, forget about it!

As someone pointed out to me previously on the forum, I think that Samsung shouldn't have labelled this tab as a "pro" tab, even if it provides a great experience in many areas.

A

A few of your points are incorrect. Hancom can open two of the same file type simultaneously. I have hword with two docx files open right now editing both at the same time. The mouse sounds like a personal issue. I have no trouble with copy, paste, cut etc with any of my mouses Saction mouse or touchpad. The bluetooth keyboard issue can be fixed easily. Under language settings you can set it to disable the onscreen keyboard when a bt one is connected. No idea what your talking about with the document explorer either...and the logitech keyboard isnt made by samsung so you cant blame them for that one. I recommend the external keyboard helper app. That should fix the porblem very easily as well as allow you to create your own keyboard layout. Also with the pptx files that is obviously a bug that should be corrected eventually although it is currently unfortunate.i also dont beive the pro monicer is totally wrong. A great deal of people on these forums us their pros instead of their laptops and in professional environments. At least 3 run their entire classroom through it and a few like me run entire businesses through it. The 2014 was my previous device but this one makes things much better for me.

As a writer/journalist, I think hancom word is great, and does all I need it to do. I do most of my writing on word for the mac on my desktop mac. But now I'm using the np and Hword more than I did with my macbook air that I sold when I decided to buy the np12. I'm hoping Hword becomes available for my note 10.1 2014. I use a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse when using hword. Btw, there is an app called big cursor. Makes work in hword much easier because the stock cursor disappears.