cant root ee kestrel

Search This thread

scottmenz

May 7, 2014
Hey guys I'm new to the forum although I've used some of the softwear on here to root android devices.

I recently got an ee kestrel but I can't root it tryed most things also saferoot won't root the device. Any help would be appreciated

Regards scott

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
Here's my screenshot in 3g area. But please beware speed it's depended on network performance, not phone hardware.
I've had many phones and used T-Mobile and giffgaf, 3g and H+ connection and never had better results than 5Mbps, even mobiles supports HSDPA+ up to 42Mbps .

Whoa that is low i just ran a speedtest and i got 4 down and 2 up, that's my Xperia u on threes network.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-21-01-22-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-21-01-22-54.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 63

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
this is where i got my sim deal from, for £15
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EE-Pay-as..._Home_Phones_Sim_Cards_CV&hash=item27e66b770f
10GB of 4g data free ,lasts 90 days
£15 ( addons ---£5=3000txt --- £10= 500mns ( lasts 1 month )
can't argue with that mate

Lol you are kind of starting to sound like an ee sales rep.

So what will happen then when i put my three SIM in my kestrel and im in a 4g area? Will i only get 3g since im paying 3 pound cheaper?

Threes 3g is dc-hsdpa anyway so 20mb downloads hopefully and my average of 2.5 mb upload

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EE-Pay-as..._Home_Phones_Sim_Cards_CV&hash=item27e66b770f

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

do you only get HSPA where you are,?

i'll get the EE sim deal if i was you, and guess what, i managed to talk the guy at the shop to switch my old number to it.( thats him doing it over the phone to EE).cool

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

you toped up £15 for the 3G deal ( cheeky baggars )

No we get dc hspa+ but my Xperia u is not h+ compatible

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 AM ----------

i'll get the EE sim deal if i was you, and guess what, i managed to talk the guy at the shop to switch my old number to it.( thats him doing it over the phone to EE).cool

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Even so id rather pay the extra 3 pound to get unlimited 4g then not and only get 10gb, id burn that in a week.

Three offer a much better deal then ee imo

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Even so id rather pay the extra 3 pound to get unlimited 4g then not and only get 10gb, id burn that in a week.

Three offer a much better deal then ee imo

You won't get 4g if three havent rolled it out in your area yet.

I have a new three sim which is compatible with 4g and 3g

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
go for it mate. hope you'll be happy with it.

as for the 4G from 3 unlimited , make sure you check with them it is unlimited ( small print )

lyca does it ,but after checking the speed, it was a disaster ( they run on O2 )

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

so try it out and see

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

we all looking for a good deal.
somehow EE fits my needs, you choose what suits you

Your wrong btw not been funny, the 18 pound deal from three you referred to is a contract pay monthly deal and you only get 4gb of data you get all you can eat minutes 12 month rolling contract or it could be the one below with all you can eat data and 200 mins 1 month rolling contract. These are the only 18 pound deals they do. Here http://store.three.co.uk/mobile/view/searchTariff?deviceType=SIM_ONLY&priceplan=PAY_MONTHLY

I'm referring to PAY AS YOU GO all in one 15 add on you get 300 mins 3000 texts and unlimited data ( it is truly unlimited i checked the small print)
Here http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...t=payasyougo,varset_subcat=4124,Case=obj(4097)

And three don't charge any extra for 4g unlikEE somEE othEEr nEEtwork providEErs which shall rEEmain namEElEEs lol.

Last edited:

jebdX

Nov 3, 2014
recently acquired this phone & looking for some clarification.

is unlocking the devices bootloader required, prior to using towelroot?

is network unlocking unrelated to root success?

I had success msg via towelroot - but in actuality it failed (I was certain to not to upgrade device software).

thanks for any assistance.

rqy99g

Feb 17, 2015
IROOT and Kestrel

Hi

I have just come across this video on rooting an EE Kestrel the link also take you to a page where it shows you how to unlock the phone. Has anyone tried this?

I am a total noob and really am unsure about what and if I should do this, it does look straight forward though!

Ideally I would like to unbrand the phone and have a better icon set on my phone.

What Theme do you have and do I need to root the phone to do this?

Sorry for the dumb questions

Simon

Sgt-Hartley

Jan 31, 2011
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but can anyone here make a copy of the cust partition of the uk ee kestrel with root explorer and upload it for me, it needs to be all the folders and files if possible.

Would really appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I unlocked mine here:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

u said ,you got yours unlocked, where ? . i want to get mine unlocked too. link if possible !
    cheers

cheers just got mine unlocked £3.

i'm trying to root mine with this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52966585#post52966585

[*] Press enter to root your phone...
    Press any key to continue . . .
    [*]
    [*] Waiting for device...
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    [*] Device found.
    [*] Pushing exploit...
    2238 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.560s)
    [*] Pushing root tools...
    1298 KB/s (113036 bytes in 0.085s)
    1925 KB/s (493036 bytes in 0.250s)
    2542 KB/s (2278361 bytes in 0.875s)
    open: Permission denied
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/SuperSu.apk
    Success
    [*] Rooting phone...
    [+] This may take a few minutes.
    [-] Failure.
    [*] Cleaning up...
    [*] This Tool Will Be Updated When New Binaries Relesed
    [*] Finish. Press enter to reboot and exit.
    Press any key to continue . . .

shame didn't root it, but now towelroot did it .all credit to GEOHOT

Managed to get mine done today in less that one minute after trying for 2 days - seemples when you know a man that knows :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks to rafaq and http://towelroot.com/
    Hi guys I was thinking of getting one of these phone as an upgrade to my xperia u.

theres a few things im worried about.

If i dont root the phone will i be able to install apex launcher? (my xperia u is rooted i cant remember the restrictions unrooted phones imply, really not liking the look of the stock launcher)

If i do root the phone is it simple? (do i need to unlock the bootloader to root and how complicated is that if so)

I'm going to network unlock mine when the 10gb of data runs out i want it on the three network (from what i understand i insert a three sim boot the phone up and its going to ask me for an unlock code, which i will purchase from ebay and enter then thats it, it will work on any network?)

what do you get from antutu (both when its been used and after a fresh reboot)

how does it handle real racing 3? my xperia U will not play that game smoothly on high.

thanks for reading.

You don't need root to get any other launcher app installed. Root is good to uninstall branded apps and other bloatware also install Custom recovery Mode, custom rom ant few more tweaks. If you are normal user I suggest to stick with original ROM as it is very fast with great battery life. Just make some customization like Apex launcher, new icon packs and similar things without root permission.

Once you got code from ebay just type it when you are asked with new sim inserted, it will work with any other network.

AnTuTu - I got 18276 out of box (no root, tweaks etc)

Real Racing 3 works perfect without any lag (didn't checked if it was on high details)

Adobe Flash Player works on it! (No root required). Just copy attachment to your phone storage and install (make sure you have ticked "Unknown sources" under Settings => Security

Overall great smartphone for £99 and plastic body it is better then I've expected but would be great if I can find Ascend G6 battery door as I don't like EE logo.
    the choice is yours, they have almost the same specs

Moto g hd screen, but kestrel has micro sd slot. As long as the screen is fairly crisp then I'm more inclined to go with the kestrel. My Xperia u has 280poi on a 3.5 screen and to me that looks fine. I'm worried the larger screen coupled with lower ppi will leave me disappointed.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to be worried about screen PPI, I've had xperia S, moto g, RAZRI and more and to be honest Kestrel IPS it is pretty good, much better then Sony tft, it is good in sunny day as well.