Go Launcher Vs Nova Launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JknRich

Dec 4, 2011
Dereham
www.youtube.com
I'm trying to work out which home launcher is better.
I paid for nova launcher prime. Also got Go Launcher. Also looking for good themes and icon packs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 2915683

I paid for nova launcher prime. Also got Go Launcher. Also looking for good themes and icon packs.

Go launcher sucks. I would stick with Nova. Go launcher is bloated slow and ugly lol. Just my opinion though. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

turbodroid

Feb 15, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
I love go launcher ex. Sure when you first load it you have to dump all the widgets, but so what? Works awesome once it's set up. And it's free, along with hundreds of free themes.

Reactions: girlydevil

6jaipur6

Feb 1, 2010
Targu Jiu
One more for Nova I think is the best launcher for our Nexus phones I use it first time on my Galaxy Nexus and stick with him until now.Go is slow and eat many rams.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

balducien

Aug 14, 2012

I prefer nova because it is lean and uncluttered. Go launcher is made for Gingerbread or something and annoys me with all those other Go apps they advertise for (Locker, keyboard, wallpapers, task manager, widgets etc.). For me a launcher should be built upon the AOSP one, otherwise it destroys the experience.
However, there is one big difference: Nova only supports icon themes, whereas Go can be themed entirely. (drawer tabs, dock separator etc) But you can achieve such theming level in Nova by installing themes for the Tmobile theme chooser which is integrated in every decent custom ROM. If you do that, not only nova, but the whole framework and many apps are themed too.

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
AW: Go Launcher Vs Nova Launcher.

I don't like the icon order in Nova, I have Nova and Apex , Apex is my favourite .

Nexus 4 Tapatalk

Reactions: informit

Xadramir

Dec 28, 2011
I have bouth nova pro and Apex Launcher Pro and i think nova is a little bit faster, because when i wake up my device and scrolling throw the windows, i have some micro lag (Nexus 4).

kid1da

Dec 18, 2010
Nova is by far my favorite, I haven't use go launcher since I had my Nexus S. For fast and an AOSP like experience I'd suggest nova.

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
I'm gonna have to say differently, I love Go Launcher, always been one of the best launchers on Android because it bring a unique and extreme customization to Android. Nova is a awesome launcher if you intend to run a pure android experience but with tons of customization. I have always gone back and forth from Nova and Go but since Go Launcher had an update to their UI last year I have been reporting a specific issue to them but they still have yet to fix this issue, so until they do I will not use it as my daily driver. I do have hopes that they will someday.

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
I tried them all and using Apex now. Never had any problems and its packed with features I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2915683

Go launcher sucks. I would stick with Nova. Go launcher is bloated slow and ugly lol. Just my opinion though. :)

No contest, Go is made for crappy 2.3 devices
    It should be Apex or Nova not Go.
    Go Launcher's pure of crap.
    OK I'll use nova. Just looking for some good themes and icons.

I love go launcher ex. Sure when you first load it you have to dump all the widgets, but so what? Works awesome once it's set up. And it's free, along with hundreds of free themes.