[Q] USB tethering possible on Nook Color w/ CM 10.2.1?

Search This thread

tscloud

Sep 1, 2011
Is it possible w/ this setup? In actuality, all I want is a TCP/IP connection b/w the Nook and another machine. I have a Razr Maxx running eclipse-1.2 and as soon as hit Settings>Tethering & Mobile Hotspot>USB Tethering I had a USB0 interface on my Ubuntu laptop. Both sides get IP addresses, I can ping, I can VNC using Ubuntu Remote Desktop and AndroidVNC and things look good. Ultimatly, I am trying to run VNC client on the Nook connected to RaspberryPi for use as portable display using keboard/mouse/etc connected to the Pi. Using wifi for communication would < ideal.

On the Nook however, I do not even have the "Tethering & Mobile Hotspot" option. Is this even possible? Like I said I am not interested in sharing Internet connections or anything of the sort so I am not concerned w/ iptables enties or anything like that (unless I need to be of course). I can use VNC Viewer on the Nook w/ vncserver on Ubuntu over wifi. I could not get Remote Desktop to work but I think this is an Ubuntu 14.04 (recently upgraded) thing. It worked w/ 13.10. Thus is an Ubuntu thing I've got to think though.