Update coming soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xredjokerx

Nov 25, 2009
ummmmm....our phones are obsolete????? Just because phones came out after ours doesn't mean it's obsolete. In fact any other phone on Verizon right now (as far as specs, not release date) is a downgrade.

wut?

Rezound, Galaxy Nexus, Razr, Razr Maxx, Droid 4

Have you tried any of them? I had a rezound for about a week. It was amazing compared to TB. Looking for a droid 4 now :) Missing my keyboard.

icedventimocha

wut?

Rezound, Galaxy Nexus, Razr, Razr Maxx, Droid 4

Have you tried any of them? I had a rezound for about a week. It was amazing compared to TB. Looking for a droid 4 now :) Missing my keyboard.

I've used them all. And I like being able to change my battery and sd card, I like having a bigger screen, and I like simultaneous voice and data.

Last edited:

hallstevenson

Feb 7, 2010
Germantown OH
ummmmm....our phones are obsolete?????
Different people have different definitions of "obsolete". The fact that HTC and Verizon are pushing an update kinda suggests that the the TBolt isn't obsolete after all. They've also announced that ICS will be made available for the TBolt, but honestly, I'll believe that when I see it.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

What do you mean delayed heavily? It was announced not too long ago, and given no eta, so how can it be delayed?
One could argue that it's ahead of schedule, actually ! :D

dreitzell78

Oct 3, 2011
ICS release

It does suck that it is not ICS update, but I am just glad it is going to released at all. I did not think that they would bother updating the TB, but I am glad they reconsidered. I personally think the TB is still a very good phone considering it has been out over a year. It has been fun to root and rom and the dev support for it has been really good. It has plenty of power (if oc'd some) and with Eternity on it now.. smooth as butta! It will be nice to have update though.

Last edited:

trter10

Jan 25, 2012
It does suck that it is not ICS update, but I am just glad it is going to released at all. I did not think that they would bother updating the TB, but I am glad they reconsidered. I personally think the TB is still a very good phone considering it has been out over a year. It has been fun to root and rom and the dev support for it has been really good. It has plenty of power (if oc'd some) and with Eternity on it now.. smooth as butta! It will be nice to have update though.

Not really a great update any way, doesn't change much.

LunaticSerenade

Nov 26, 2008
Columbus
I've used them all. And I like being able to change my battery and sd card, I like having a bigger screen, and I like simultaneous voice and data.

As a point of interest, the Rezound has the same screen size as the Bolt, a 1.5 dual core processor, a user replaceable battery, and an SD card slot. And it does simaltaneous voice and data.

But the Bolt has a kick stand. That is pretty sweet. < not sarcasm.

At the same time, if I had had a Bolt instead of a DInc (another line on my plan is a Bolt, the only reason I'm even here), I probably would have waited on my upgrade. All said and done, the Bolt is impressive.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

z71kris

Nov 8, 2011
So other 4G phones do not have voice and data at the same time on EVDO?

I don't think voice and data at the same time is a feature of every 4g phone but I may be wrong about that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I think the bolt is the only phone on zvw to do both on 3g due to svdo...that was a big reason
i decided to get the bolt, that and Sammy's horrible updating rumors ...

sent from my Thundershed Thunderbolt

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
You can change the battery and SD card on the Rezound, and pretty much all of those phones you listed have a larger screen and can do voice + data on 4G.

KuNiT

May 9, 2012
Just heard that R3D (who makes the iKream ROMS) has ICS 4.0.3 running on his TBolt with everything working except LTE. Said he is working on getting LTE to work tonight. Possibly a ROM will be dropping soon with or without LTE. His ROMS are easily the best I've used on a Thunderbolt.

Swabodda

Oct 22, 2010
Just heard that R3D (who makes the iKream ROMS) has ICS 4.0.3 running on his TBolt with everything working except LTE. Said he is working on getting LTE to work tonight. Possibly a ROM will be dropping soon with or without LTE. His ROMS are easily the best I've used on a Thunderbolt.

Yeah, but is it even worth it without LTE? I guess it might be in an area with sketchy LTE coverage, but I bought this phone specifically for the data speeds. I'm not sure I'm ready to trade off...

KuNiT

May 9, 2012
Yeah, but is it even worth it without LTE? I guess it might be in an area with sketchy LTE coverage, but I bought this phone specifically for the data speeds. I'm not sure I'm ready to trade off...

By all means I totally agree, but this is a step in the right direction at least. He stated he would be working on LTE tonight. I don't know how long this stuff takes. Could be done in a few hours, could take weeks, who knows. At least we are moving in the right direction. Everything else works but Data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As much as I'd like ICS, I don't mind waiting for a polished product. I laugh when people cry about "delays" and what not. HTC didn't originally give an eta, they are working on ICS for a variety of devices. It makes more sense for them to place priority on future devices and ones they currently sell. Thunderbolt is already past end of life, the fact that we are getting it at all is awesome.

I don't mind waiting either, because I'm stuck on this phone for now(although I am strongly debating switching to sprint and grabbing an Evo LTE). I have never used a stock rom since I rooted, and it will stay that way. I'm waiting on a custom ICS rom such as CM9 or AOKP, so an OTA release doesn't mean much for me aside from a RIL that developers can work from to start making fully functional roms.
    I think we're done here. :)