[ROM][4.4 KK]Pure AOSP builds by dhacker29 [XT925/XT926]

Search This thread

pcarenza

Jan 10, 2013
Chattanooga
Yeah, exactly the same hashes here. Still trying to figure out what´s happening... TWRP working flawlessly with any other function than flashing DH 4.4 ! I tried everything other mates have suggested. My situation is apparently same as PCArenza... everything where it should be but... no way to flash this file! I even tried the MZ907 TWRP... let´s keep messing around... I think I redownloaded the files about 5 times! lol

Yeah, the strange thing is that I look at the edify script (updater-script) from the 4.3 ROM and compare it to the 4.4 ROM and the only thing different, and the thing which fails, is the set_metadata_recursive.... oh and also it always seems to find issues with /system mounting when I try to flash the 4.4 ROM.
One addendum: I have indeed built and successfully flashed the ROM when I reverted out of the builds that implemented the set_metadata_recursive, both in recovery and in build. The ROM DOES flash when I do this... but alas, I can't get past the M logo if I do this.

JoseBerga

Sep 26, 2011
Formosa
I can unzip the file with no problem... No apparent corruption.
All right, I ran md5sum on all files directly on my external SD card:

Could you please confirm hashes?

EDIT: Downloaded all files once more on my linux box this time, and checked MD5s... They do match. The files on my phone are not corrupted.

Only my gapps not match with your hashes..

97CDA50171D66D471C12001AFED44A83 gapps-kk-20131101.zip

The others files are the same than yours :confused:

SnakeHaveYou

Sep 8, 2010
I decided to flash again, but formating /system first.. And.. Flashing failed :p
So flashed a CM10.2 nightly, and 4.4 over it, and it worked!

Don't format /system.. Only wipe /data before flashing!

BTW.. The settings button in the Launcher won't work, because it's not the Nexus 5 launcher (Google Experience Launcher, maybe copyright issues, or it's incomplete/bugged).. If you want that launcher, you'll need to download it from HERE

Anyway, i can't get the touchless voice recognition search to work..

Last edited:

pcarenza

Jan 10, 2013
Chattanooga
I decided to flash again, but formating /system first.. And.. Flashing failed :p

BTW.. The settings button in the Launcher won't work, because it's not the Nexus 5 launcher (Google Experience Launcher).. If you want that launcher, you'll need to download it from HERE

Anyway, i can't get the touchless voice recognition search to work..

That should be part of the Google Experience Launcher, right? Because it's basically an extended Google Search app.

pcarenza

Jan 10, 2013
Chattanooga

Sadly, this didn't work either. It really does no good, because the install script automatically wipes system before flashing. I'm going to try the flash of cm-10.2 first and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Try pushing to /data/media/ or /data/media/0/

Same outcome... exactly the same place as /sdcard.
I'm going to try another workaround in the code, out of necessity.

SnakeHaveYou

Sep 8, 2010
That should be part of the Google Experience Launcher, right? Because it's basically an extended Google Search app.

Yes, i think! Swiping to the right brings Google Now (only with Google Experience Laucher from the link), but remember the copyright issues, maybe that's the reason it's not included in this build.

Touchless voice recognition it's not working for me because of my language (Español (Argentina)), because if i choose English (US), it works fine!

Reactions: mike253

flight666

Mar 10, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Yeah, the strange thing is that I look at the edify script (updater-script) from the 4.3 ROM and compare it to the 4.4 ROM and the only thing different, and the thing which fails, is the set_metadata_recursive.... oh and also it always seems to find issues with /system mounting when I try to flash the 4.4 ROM.
One addendum: I have indeed built and successfully flashed the ROM when I reverted out of the builds that implemented the set_metadata_recursive, both in recovery and in build. The ROM DOES flash when I do this... but alas, I can't get past the M logo if I do this.

Same behavior here. I was already using CM10.2 but made a clean flash, didnt work.

I think our XT925 is haunted!!! lol

Reactions: mike253

mike253

Aug 19, 2012
Spanaway
I'm having the issues as well. Updater binary fails, and symlink issues.

It doesn't matter what I do, ive done clean flashes, dirty flashes, it doesn't matter. I still get the issues.

What would fix these issues that we're all having? Would Dhacker29 have to do a rebuild?

Sent from my XT926 using xda app-developers app

pcarenza

Jan 10, 2013
Chattanooga
I'm having the issues as well. Updater binary fails, and symlink issues.

It doesn't matter what I do, ive done clean flashes, dirty flashes, it doesn't matter. I still get the issues.

What would fix these issues that we're all having? Would Dhacker29 have to do a rebuild?

Sent from my XT926 using xda app-developers app

Something in either of 3 things:

1) the build repo
2) the recovery itself, which should be built off the same source
or 3) something in the SELINUX config

but that's just my theory... I'm mostly clueless right now.

darktyroll

Jan 31, 2010
Guys, give me an advice, i`m over 3 hours of bootloop.
I was on Slimbean 4.3.1, after that i flash the twrp 2.6.3, and install the 4.4 rom, only bootloop here.
Second, i flash others rom, bootloop again.
Third, i flash the old cwm, 6.0.2.8, tryed to restore the backup roms, nothings happen, they got bootloop on the logo of roms (any roms i tryed).
So my phone cant start in any roms, with twrp or cwm, new installls or backups.
What i can do?
PLEASE HELP ME, I`M DISPERATED!

msassounian

Dec 13, 2012
I was on Slimbean 4.3.1, after that i flash the twrp 2.6.3, and install the 4.4 rom, only bootloop here.
Third, i flash the old cwm, 6.0.2.8, tryed to restore the backup roms, nothings happen, they got bootloop on the logo of roms (any roms i tryed).
What i can do?

do you have a stock backup? once this happened to me and the only thing i could restore was a stock backup.

madmonkey57

Oct 21, 2012
What i can do?

Or maybe flash a stock rom with rsd lite...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

localceleb

Jul 11, 2009
Birmingham
Here's the newest TWRP in flashable form. It works for me and i've flashed kit kat with no problems. This is not the dhacker twrp build so give it a shot and see if it works.

Attachments

• xt926-twrp-2.6.3.0.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 61

pcarenza

Jan 10, 2013
Chattanooga
Here's the newest TWRP in flashable form. It works for me and i've flashed kit kat with no problems. This is not the dhacker twrp build so give it a shot and see if it works.

got a little bit further with that one, but then again...

Created filesystem with 11/95232 inodes and 12513/380928 blocks
warning: wipe_block_device: Discard failed

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system at /system: Invalid argument
minzip: inflate read failed (3536 vs 32768)
minzip: Can't extract entry to file.
minzip: Error extracting "/system/app/Bluetooth.apk"
minzip: Extracted 1 file(s)
symlink(): created [/system/etc]
symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware]
symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310]
symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware/wlan]
symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima]
symlink(): created [/system/fonts]
symlink(): created [/system/lib]
ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/app/Bluetooth.apk to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/full_xt926-ota-eng.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/full_xt926-ota-eng.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 1506MB, size: 12081MB, used: 10842MB, free: 1121MB, in data/media: 9336MB.
I:Can't probe device /dev/block/mmcblk0p36
E:Unable to mount '/system'
I:Actual block device: '/dev/block/mmcblk0p36', current file system: 'ext4'

localceleb

Jul 11, 2009
Birmingham
got a little bit further with that one, but then again...

Created filesystem with 11/95232 inodes and 12513/380928 blocks
warning: wipe_block_device: Discard failed

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system at /system: Invalid argument
minzip: inflate read failed (3536 vs 32768)
minzip: Can't extract entry to file.
minzip: Error extracting "/system/app/Bluetooth.apk"
minzip: Extracted 1 file(s)
symlink(): created [/system/etc]
symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware]
symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310]
symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware/wlan]
symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware/wlan/prima]
symlink(): created [/system/fonts]
symlink(): created [/system/lib]
ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/app/Bluetooth.apk to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/full_xt926-ota-eng.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/full_xt926-ota-eng.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 1506MB, size: 12081MB, used: 10842MB, free: 1121MB, in data/media: 9336MB.
I:Can't probe device /dev/block/mmcblk0p36
E:Unable to mount '/system'
I:Actual block device: '/dev/block/mmcblk0p36', current file system: 'ext4'

Wth....I've had similar problems on past devices where I screwed up partition while tinkering. Had to RUU back to stock and that solved my problems.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are pure AOSP builds by dhacker29, all credit goes to him.

Please note these are hot off the press and may have bugs. Users have reported trouble with flashing, etc, but when you manage to get it to run the ROM runs smoothly.
    Still, AOSP is bare-bones and will need device specific modifications that custom ROMs provide. Consider it a stable-ish alpha build, but not a dependable daily driver.

Please ensure you do your backups. Nobody is responsible if your phone bursts into flames.

All files you need are here:

Prerequisites: KitKat requires TWRP 2.6.3.0 which can be found here

xt925 ROM
    xt926 ROM
    GAPPS

By default AOSP has no root access, however Chainfire's root will work just fine. Just flash and install SuperSU.

Have fun with KitKat!

Changelog
    20131108 Fix sd-mount, update blobs with 4.4 MotoX leak

Known Issues:
    Ext-SD not activated
    As with other AOSP builds, Google Keyboard is not working. Make sure to use AOSP keyboard.
    Does not work with 16GB internal storage https://twitter.com/dhacker29/status/398946262172446720 (Try different versions of TWRP to address this)
    Front camera may not work - will crash camera app. Go to app info and clear data to run it again
    Video playback problems for some
    Some HDMI problems when plugged in
    I also have the flashing issue with 4.4. I'm debugging it now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    XT926's that can't install - READ THIS!

Keep watching this post - and take heart, those of you who can't install the current dhacker rom.
    I've built a working, flashable version for the rest of us! It's uploading as we speak.

UPDATE:
    Here ya go : http://d-h.st/McJ
    Enjoy!
    Any chance to build a xt925 version for those who can't install Dhacker's ones? :cowboy:

Yep I'll post one tomorrow when I have more time behind the computer...
    I just did a fresh install with RSDLite of a stock ROM, then flashed TWRP 6.0.2.3 and had the same error on symlink/updater binary.

I flashed CWM 6.0.4.4 for XT925 and tried again, still no lucky. That´s what occurs:

symlink(): created [/system/etc/firmware/wdc9310]
    applyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/xbin/tcpdump to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
    I: Can´t partition non mmcblk device: /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host

I think I ceased all the atempts... tried everything possible! I´ll restore my CM10.2 backup by now and see how DHacker flows the development.

FYI: My device is a brazilian XT925 from VIVO carrier.

Same here..... restored to stock. Tried flashing... NOTHING. Same as before.

*EDIT* Just had a chat with dhacker 29. Apparently there may be something wrong with 16 GB devices... a problem possibly in the kernel; am going to revert all the way back to 3.0.97 and build TWRP with the mods, to help out. Will report back.