[Q] Quick question:

Search This thread
I found a link to install TWRP recovery onto my phone but first I have to unlock my bootloader. I bricked 2 identical phones in the past using EZ Unlock to unlock the bootloader. Both times as soon as I rebooted my phone...they never worked again. My question is how do I safely unlock my bootloader without this happening again? I also want to know once my bootloader is unlocked, and TWRP recovery is safely on my phone, will I then be able to freely install custom roms? Or will I still need to install safestrap and safestrap compatible roms or touchwiz roms only?

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I found a link to install TWRP recovery onto my phone but first I have to unlock my bootloader. I bricked 2 identical phones in the past using EZ Unlock to unlock the bootloader. Both times as soon as I rebooted my phone...they never worked again. My question is how do I safely unlock my bootloader without this happening again? I also want to know once my bootloader is unlocked, and TWRP recovery is safely on my phone, will I then be able to freely install custom roms? Or will I still need to install safestrap and safestrap compatible roms or touchwiz roms only?

If you are on 4.3 you cannot flash TWRP or unlock your bootloader. It is saferoot, safestrap, and safestrap compatible 4.3 TW ROMs only for you.

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
Custom Roms

If you are on 4.3 you cannot flash TWRP or unlock your bootloader. It is saferoot, safestrap, and safestrap compatible 4.3 TW ROMs only for you.

What are some custom 4.3 touchwiz roms for NC1?

[GUIDE][ML1/NC1] TW 4.3 Sticky Roll-Up Thread (5-24-14) - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

Here is a lit of rome or 4.3 touchwiz roms

Custom Roms
AllianceRom
Wicked Sensations Rom
MOAR
CleanROM 8.2 Core Edition
Samstock
Slapnuts
I535 Mostly Stock
Stock Rooted ML1 Rom

Yet when you go into the rom it self they all are on the old ML1 rom none say anything about NC1

Question is .. if i use safestrap on my locked boot loader with NC1 since i will be creating a new rom slot will i be able to flash the ML1 roms via safestrap or am i totally hosed or are there roms out there for 4.3 touchwiz for NC1 ?

Thanks

Last edited:

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
What are some custom 4.3 touchwiz roms for NC1 ?

[GUIDE][ML1/NC1] TW 4.3 Sticky Roll-Up Thread (5-24-14) - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

Custom Roms
AllianceRom
Wicked Sensations Rom
MOAR
Samstock
Slapnuts
I535 Mostly Stock
Stock Rooted ML1 Rom

Yet when you go into the rom it self they all are on the old ML1 rom none say anything about NC1

Question is .. if i use safestrap on my locked boot loader with NC1 since i will be creating a new rom slot will i be able to flash the ML1 roms via safestrap or am i totally hosed or are there roms out there for 4.3 touchwiz for NC1 ?

Thanks

There are no 4.3 Touchwiz ROMs for NC1. If you want to have fully functioning ROMs (meaning have working WiFi) through safestrap you have to ODIN flash back to ML1, then root, load safestrap, and flash an ML1 based 4.3 TW ROM, then the kernel module from the safestrap thread. Another user in these forums was talking about posting an NC1 kernel module, but I haven't seen any results on that. If you take the OTA upgrade or ODIN flash up to NE1 4.4.2, safestrap is not yet available for that.

Reactions: jcbjoe

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
Another question

There are no 4.3 Touchwiz ROMs for NC1. If you want to have fully functioning ROMs (meaning have working WiFi) through safestrap you have to ODIN flash back to ML1, then root, load safestrap, and flash an ML1 based 4.3 TW ROM, then the kernel module from the safestrap thread. Another user in these forums was talking about posting an NC1 kernel module, but I haven't seen any results on that. If you take the OTA upgrade or ODIN flash up to NE1 4.4.2, safestrap is not yet available for that.

Thanks for the reply

So if I'm on NC1 i have to go back to ML1 .. will i be able to if my boot loader is locked and looks like this

ODIN MODE:
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICAL
SYSTEM STATUS OFFICAL
QUALCOM SECREBOOT ENABLE
WARRANTY BIT: 0
BOOTLOADERAP SWREV: 1

Thanks

Wh1t3Rose

Thanks for the reply

So if I'm on NC1 i have to go back to ML1 .. will i be able to if my boot loader is locked and looks like this

ODIN MODE:
SYSTEM STATUS OFFICAL
QUALCOM SECREBOOT ENABLE

Thanks

Yes. ML1 and NC1 are both 4.3 so you can go to ML1 No problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcbjoe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there any custom recoveries I can use? How about online nandroid?

There is no custom recovery that us compatible with either the VRUCML1 or VRUCNC1 TouchWiz OTAs. Safestrap is the closest you will get to a "custom recovery" from TW 4.3+.

More info below. It states everything that Landshark has already posted btw:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

What are some custom 4.3 touchwiz roms for NC1 ?

Custom Roms
    AllianceRom
    Wicked Sensations Rom
    MOAR
    Samstock
    Slapnuts
    I535 Mostly Stock
    Stock Rooted ML1 Rom

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

ODIN MODE:
    SYSTEM STATUS OFFICAL
    QUALCOM SECREBOOT ENABLE

Thanks

Yes. ML1 and NC1 are both 4.3 so you can go to ML1 No problem.

Wow you guys are awesome .. i odined back to ML1 rooted then safestraped and now I'm on a custom 4.3 touchwiz Rom

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Glad to see you are all set up again :good: