[ROM] [4.4.4] [KTU84P] Stock Android -- ODEX / DEODEX

Search This thread

bts0004

Apr 14, 2010
This is plain, stock Android.

If you would like to add:

1. Download either odexed or deodexed version
    (if you would like to add root, this would be a good time to do that as well!)
  2. Boot into recovery (please use TWRP)
  3. Wipe cache/Dalvik
  4. Install

This will not wipe your data. But it doesn't hurt to back-up.

Download

ODEXED -- [MIRROR #1] [MIRROR #2]
MD5: c3d8f36dc0a1a5a6bbf8892ceafcb83a

DEODEXED -- [MIRROR #1] [MIRROR #2] (pulled for issues)
MD5: 16b820e890da2b36fd8e24d4cac0dd4d

Feel free to mirror in the comments.

Last edited:

pkadavid

May 12, 2011
Austin, TX
Much appreciated. I'm trying to flash over a stock/rooted/busybox/de-odex 4.4.2, and I get Status 7 error, which I'm assuming is due to that.

rzrv8

Jun 20, 2013
Hey, I tried to flash this on my friend's mako which is almost same as mine (the previous is 4.2.2 odex stock) and its giving him a 'Status 7' error. What could this be?

Edit: Never mind. His is deodex. sunuvabithc.

bts0004

Apr 14, 2010
Hey, I tried to flash this on my friend's mako which is almost same as mine (the previous is 4.2.2 odex stock) and its giving him a 'Status 7' error. What could this be?

Edit: Never mind. His is deodex. sunuvabithc.

Glad you figured it out. Usually it's a strange boot.img or needing an updated recovery or failing a signature check, but that would do it.

rzrv8

Jun 20, 2013
Okay, so let's say I'm on the latest CM nightly, what steps should I go through to install this?

bts0004

Apr 14, 2010
Okay, so let's say I'm on the latest CM nightly, what steps should I go through to install this?

It's been a few years since I last used CM, but I believe their installs are structured completely different than AOSP/stock these days. I think you'd have to completely wipe everything to change. Maybe someone more familiar with CM can be more helpful with that.

Reactions: rzrv8

Ahmed GT7

Jun 22, 2011
Cairo
I'm having trouble downloading from Mega. If you can make GDrive or Dropbox it would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

denslife16

Oct 30, 2012
cant finish download on mega, always failed... mega doesnt support resume, it will restart the download, please add mirrors link

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is plain, stock Android.

If you would like to add:

1. Download either odexed or deodexed version
      (if you would like to add root, this would be a good time to do that as well!)
    2. Boot into recovery (please use TWRP)
    3. Wipe cache/Dalvik
    4. Install

This will not wipe your data. But it doesn't hurt to back-up.

Download

ODEXED -- [MIRROR #1] [MIRROR #2]
    MD5: c3d8f36dc0a1a5a6bbf8892ceafcb83a

DEODEXED -- [MIRROR #1] [MIRROR #2] (pulled for issues)
    MD5: 16b820e890da2b36fd8e24d4cac0dd4d

Feel free to mirror in the comments.
    I know is soon but will you update the rom to 4.4.4?

I should have time to update it in the morning.
    @bts0004 - First of all thank you for putting this together. I have a N5 but my lady still has her N4. She doesn't exactly love when I flash her phone but I can't let a Nexus not be on the latest and greatest in my house:) Anyway, all went very smoothly (except I had to re-root..no biggy) but now there's still the old messaging app along with Hangouts (which she much prefers as I do). When I restored her messages it seems like they want to be in the old messaging app and if she reboot it also splits them between them. Is this normal? I thought this was bone stock, no? There was also some "search" icon with what I think was a globe and magnifying glass. Once I moved it off of the homescreen it disappeared from anywhere I thought to look for it (settings/apps/all and via file mgr). I was thinking I'd start from scratch tonight after work and flash a non root KTU84L, but wanted your insight first. If it's ok to just delete the old messaging app I'll do that (never messed w/ system apps since I was told long ago it could cause problems). Also wondering if you knew what that search icon was. Appreciate your help/time man. Thanks in advance.:good::highfive:
    I disabled the messaging app without problem. Go for it

Is Odex version fully functional?
    It is for me.