iContact 0.6 update + source code

Search This thread

N3xt2N0N3

Aug 17, 2007
Brooklyn
www.doughboydesigns.com
Thanks very, very much for releasing the source!
Just trying to get into WM coding at the moment, one of the things I wanted to do was v similar to iContacts, you just saved me a load of work!

What I want is:
* iContacts, but as a today screen item
* Finger scroll still works as an ultimatelaunch face - remove left and right gesture from iContacts if needs be.
* Option to only display contacts in certain categories - alternative to left+right gesture to do favorites
* Pictures by contact names where available.

Of course, if I manage to get it working, I will release back to everybody

that would be cool how about if we use this to make something like the wm7 programs/sms and mms/contact program just the the screenshots....

winmo7rounda25.jpg

winmo7rounda18.jpg

winmo7rounda26.jpg

I don't know just a thought........

Maxx134

Oct 23, 2006
NY
You could......

Frankly you ought to look at the updated versions.

By supbro:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=395829

By truburt:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=402724

These updated versions are skinnable and there are many skins made. Just search the forum. Personally I prefer the burt edition but you may find supbro version fits you better.

OK we have those two versions, the original, and now these two:

iContact 0.76 Mixed Edition:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=412429

Contact 1.03 ender's edition:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=411405

So can anyone give comments about these in comparison?
I am thinking ender's edition is in the lead...

Festus253

Jul 16, 2008
Cannot Run iContact

Device: Dell Axim x50v
ROM v: A02

I want to use this app just for "eye candy" Everyone says how great it is and from the screen shots it looks great! However, I cannot get it to run. When I try to start it, it says: "The file 'iContact' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or ......". I have searched this forum and Google and cannot find an answer. I have see a couple posts where others have asked the same, but no one gives an answer or suggestion. I did find one post to try the sdkcerts.cab which I did but it did not get it working. Does anyone have a suggestion, please?

Thanks

dassein

Nov 4, 2008
Device: Dell Axim x50v
ROM v: A02

I want to use this app just for "eye candy" Everyone says how great it is and from the screen shots it looks great! However, I cannot get it to run. When I try to start it, it says: "The file 'iContact' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or ......". I have searched this forum and Google and cannot find an answer. I have see a couple posts where others have asked the same, but no one gives an answer or suggestion. I did find one post to try the sdkcerts.cab which I did but it did not get it working. Does anyone have a suggestion, please?

Thanks

I'm on a Dell Axim x51v (Win Mobile 5) and installed the iContact v0.5 - and had that same error whenever i hit 'contacts' or 'iContact' from the programmes list. Sigh. Anyone knows how to fix this?

dassein

Nov 4, 2008
O I found out that after I installed iContacts v0.6 cab... then manually on the pda, removed both iContact v0.5 and iContacts v0.6 cab - it went back to it's original state. Good fer me. Hope this helps whoever needs it (although we can't get the eye candy - least it's functional). Unless someone knows how to go about it.

Cheers.

zee3b

Nov 29, 2008
I need help!!!
I keep on installing iContacts on my wing but it only shows my faves contacts and not my whole list of contacts.

zee3b

Nov 29, 2008
Try using an updated version such as supbros, or truburts.

I did and no luck. I've cleared my phone too, tried taking out the sim card too but isn't working.

I've dont it!! After searching a little I found out that they dont work with sim contacts so I went into my sim through phone and copied all the contacts to the phone from the sim.
Thanks though.

Last edited:

morketh

Feb 23, 2008
Things that dont work for me:

When I click on contacts, sometimes it only takes up half of my screen on the icontacts
I have to close and reopen 2 or 3 times sometimes for it to go full screen

Also, the add new contact does not work

other then that, its cool

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
is there a way to set this as your defaut contect setting on the fuze?
When you install it, it should become the default contact manager, but you may need a soft reset to make it work.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to configure TF3D using the TF3D Config program (a search should find it).

aonavy

Mar 1, 2008
When you install it, it should become the default contact manager, but you may need a soft reset to make it work.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to configure TF3D using the TF3D Config program (a search should find it).

I didnt see any option to link icontact to the default contacts in conf tf3d. I also reboot the phone ans still no luck.

colfusion

Mar 22, 2009
Probles on Qtek S110 Wm2003

Really is a nice aplication, but is not work correctly in my Qtek S110
WM2003 Spanish because a message appears when i clik in the contact button (Not Found Icontact) ,i uninstall Icontact and now i have a problemas, when i try to go to my contact list a error message appears "missing MSCONTACT: file" HELP ME PLEAZEEEEE.

Last edited:

erredie

Jun 24, 2009
Problems with my IPAQ3970 with wm 2003

The software iContacts 0.6 don't run on my wm2003.

Can U help me ?

miriampl

Jun 9, 2009
My XDA with WM2003 can't read any .cab file :/.

Uloading exe file on my xda it can only work as ABC and scrol up and down it has no toolbar or any language use hmmm... how to solve such eashu...

mmitsch

Mar 27, 2011
I installed iContact on my WM6 phone and now want to uninstall and use native contact Manager. It won't seem to easily uninstalll. How do I get this off the phone?

Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone.

I think it's the right time to open a new thread for iContact. Version 0.6 and it's source code are out. New in 0.6 are:

• simple favorites management. Sliding a contact from left to right brings a plus sign. It's a little tricky at first, but i got used to it. Tapping on the plus sign tags a contact as favorite. If the contact is already favorite, you can unfavorite it (does that word exist? ;)
    Pushing "Right" on the D-pad brings the favorites window. Pushing "Left" brings "all contacts" window.
  • "mobile" and "work" numbers have "sms" option. Tapping it will bring new sms window.
  • "email" option works if you have configured email account, and have it entered in iContact settings file.
  • D-pad navigation is fully supported in contact details. Left key brings you back to contact list, while Right key brings you "new sms dialog" if currently selected number has sms option.
  • settings.ini file has been added. It must reside in the same directory as iContact.exe. You can setup your email account in there and you can also setup strings used throughout the app ("mobile", "sms", "ABC" etc ...)
  • other small fixes

There will probably be bugs, as always. However, this time I've included the source code. I encourage anyone interested and skilled to use the source code. It's in best interest for the whole community if iContact continues to evolve. And even faster than it has until now.

I know the code is the mess, so i don't need to be reminded of that fact X).

Other reason for releasing source code is that i really have no free time to develop this app. I'm looking forward to see how this app will evolve in hands of skilled programmers. iContact satisfies MY needs, and more, but i realize there are people that have different needs. So, go ahead, grab the source and good luck.

The source code released doesn't have a specific license attached. However, I'd suggest anyone who will use it to consider returning something to the community. That is something that makes a good community that good.

Thank you all for you support and comments. I hope this is best for community.

Take care,
larna