Belt Case Review for Bionic w/ Extended Battery

Search This thread

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I know, the phone's pretty dead, and the entire forum's pretty dead...

Still, why not?

I use the Bionic with extended battery, and as a result, finding belt cases for them are... let's say, difficult.

Most belt cases, even those advertised for "large phones", don't fit. (And no, i don't consider holsters to be a proper fit. If they fit, they're VERY tight and/or they don't close properly.

Every once in a while I ran into one that almost fits.

Just the other day I ran into one over at Walmart. It's large, it seems to have a sturday construction and it fits, if a little snug. And it's $20.

Bought it, used it for 3 days... and the belt hook is coming apart already. WTF?!

In contrast the generic case I found in a Chinatown shop for $15 lasted me 6 months.

Right now I'm between a $5 case (with $3 shipping) on Amazon and a $30 + tax case from Best Buy.

The weirdest thing is the case from Best Buy is NOT for the Droid Bionic... But for the iPhone 5 with Mophie Juice Pack. Yes, they come out to be about the same dimension. There's a bit of gap top and bottom of the phone, but the case is snug enough you'll never notice. And it's readily available. The belt hook is so heavy duty it may outlast the case itself.

And the $5 generic case from Amazon... Looks flimsier, but has additional belt loops. Haven't tried it much, but seems to fit quite well.

So just letting people know, if you rock the extended battery, you *can* find belt cases that fit your phone. Really.

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Destroyed two of those already. Holster broke in half, kickstand is flimsy and barely lasted a month. Also doesn't protect at all. Drop this and you get 4 pieces... Phone, battery, back cover, and the "case".

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk