Wouldn't recommend HTC Legend

Search This thread

iamlegendfam

May 3, 2011
This is a really bad phone for anyone looking for an Android/HTC phone.

It's slow, imposs to root and has such a small screen.

AVOID.

PS, get yourself a HTC Desire S, beast of a phone.

thi3um

Aug 6, 2010
Frustration make you angry, isn't it?
I got a child who have 3 and I know it is difficult...

NX3

Mar 7, 2010
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Buy a iPhone 5..... ;-)

Last edited:

filipathtc

Jun 30, 2011
I have my legend since 1 year and I know it isn't the best phone but I'm happy that I don't havebourht a wildfire *.*

Sent from my Legend using XDA App

qbert456

Jul 21, 2010
I'm back using mine after using a chacha for a couple of months, fancied a change!

Nice to be using proper custom Rom again too :)

Sure it's a bit slow but its well made, probably last longer than the chacha.

Sent from my Legend using Tapatalk

Mavamaarten

Mar 4, 2011
Bad troll is obvious.
I'm using the phone for over a year now, and I absolutely love it. It's fast (oc'd), works great and the battery life is fine (3 days normal use). What a little under- and overclocking can do to a phone !

alvinsiu

Sep 2, 2011
Hong Kong
Bad troll is obvious.
I'm using the phone for over a year now, and I absolutely love it. It's fast (oc'd), works great and the battery life is fine (3 days normal use). What a little under- and overclocking can do to a phone !

Both legend's cpu, gpu are too slow for me even cpu is overclocked
And not enough ram is also a big problem
Launcher is killed after web browsing or playing games

Waiting for the Nexus Prime, and dont want to get a slow phone again.....

sfara

Sep 8, 2009
Bucharest
I find the legend to be a great phone. Not the fastest phone but it gets the job done in a small metallic package. I'm afraid we will not see to many 3.2 inch phones in the future...the trend is really big displays now. I guess i'll just have to settle with 3.7 inch.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Markus700

Sep 11, 2011
Guys, this Phone is 1,5 years old. It´s just outdated.

Although, Htc built it for Design Users, not for Power Users. Legend has one of the best looking case of all phones.

Just changed to HTC sensation, which also has a unibody frame, last week.

TheLegendaryJay

Aug 20, 2010
Bad troll is bad. Seriously.. ?

Sirius.

I love my Legend, It's better than my wifes Wildfire and more stylish than the other phones. Best of all, it's mine and I can do what I want too it and it does what I require just as well as my friends Desire HD or sensation, the difference is theirs is a bit quicker ;)

HTC need to come out with the Legend S in a few months, I think it should have these specs: 4.3"/4.5" screen, 2Ghz quad core, 1Gb Ram, 32Gb on board with SD slot for more, along with the usual wifi/BT/Radio etc :D

That'll make it a Legendary phone :cool:

akashj17

Sep 21, 2011
Sirius.

I love my Legend, It's better than my wifes Wildfire and more stylish than the other phones. Best of all, it's mine and I can do what I want too it and it does what I require just as well as my friends Desire HD or sensation, the difference is theirs is a bit quicker ;)

HTC need to come out with the Legend S in a few months, I think it should have these specs: 4.3"/4.5" screen, 2Ghz quad core, 1Gb Ram, 32Gb on board with SD slot for more, along with the usual wifi/BT/Radio etc :D

I hope too!!

Reactions: manbeast

Asovse1

Oct 4, 2010
Edmonton
Darn you all :(

Problem with being in Canada is that it's one of the most expensive countries for a cell phone plan in the world. We don't have 2-year contracts, our max is 3. And if you try to land on a 1- or 2-year committment, it wouldn't be as economically wise as to buy it outright, which I did, but regret.

Wildfire S here is $250, Galaxy Gio is $70, Legend was bought for $400. Oh noes. So that means I'll be lugging this device here for another year after you all move on (it's no-contract, but it's the prime time where I actually earn enough cash to actually spend it on another mobile device).

Unless, you know, I win the lottery.

lexen_

Jun 10, 2011
Sofia
I disagree. Legend is a great phone.
Do not think rooting a Legend is hard challenge. The custom ROMs are also very good.
Not to mention the design - the aluminium block is one of the best smartphone exterior I have ever seen!
And the display size - it's not the biggest in the smartphone portfolio, but it's still pocket size, which I think is great. After all, I want phone, not tablet for my jeans..

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
I've had my Legend for 10 months now, Best ruddy phone I've ever owned, I've owned about 12-13 phones over the past 10 years, this one is the best, "for me". It may not be the fastest phone, it may not have the most memory, it may not have the biggest screen, it doesn't have a dual core, but thats fine by me.
When I got my phone, I really loved HTC sense, Eclair and Froyo, which I loved even more, how ever, now that I have rooted my phone and seen what's out there in the way of alternative roms, I must now admit, the stock HTC with sense rom really lets this phone down, hell, Blay0's rooted version of Froyo is awesome.
My opinion is at the end of the day, the hardware is great and it really all comes down to the ROM, and the stock HTC is a bit of a fail....

Oh BTW, the physical size of the Legend is also a winner for me, my wife has a desire HD, ruddy thing doesn't even fit in my hand comfortabily!

M_a_x86

Jun 23, 2011
Tutin
I have my Legend over a year and its (except a small screen) the realy legend! its survived a lot of thig, with a two scratches only on the body.
now i have HD2, and now take care to not fall even with two feet :S

VicDeo

Jul 28, 2011
it has everything I need for my daily activities in addition to handy size.
I don't need anything better for now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a really bad phone for anyone looking for an Android/HTC phone.

It's slow, imposs to root and has such a small screen.

AVOID.

PS, get yourself a HTC Desire S, beast of a phone.

Don't be a really bad troll.

It's Stupid, imposs to reason ans has such a small...

AVOID.

PS, get yourself a carrot, best for others.
    Sirius.

I hope too!!
    Legend isn't bad, it's just an old mid-range phone ...
    Why we dont just delete this thread. I mean telling us who like our devices that it looks or works bad is kind of pointless. Thats like saying my girlfriend is better because she can jump over the fence faster

Sent from my Legend using XDA App
    The CPU being 800MHz is enough to do most tasks. Sure it's not instant but really? Is it that important day-to-day to have immediate gratification?

The MAIN problem with this phone, as I have one and am replacing it with the Galaxy Nexus, is the memory.
    384MB, which HTS sense + 2.2, leaves you with almost nothing.

As the apps get larger and larger from each update, I am finding that I have to uninstall apps.

APPS2SD doesn't upgrade on my device any longer, where I'm left moving to the phone then update, then back to SD...

Either way, the unique shell being aluminum and a AMOLED screen make the phone worthwhile

Thought It's 600mhz?

-------------------------------
    Sent from my HTC Desire S