[KERNEL][AOSP/AOKP][08/26/2012] Fluxi XX Kernel JELLYBEAN & ICS

Search This thread
G

GuestK00156

Is it just me, or does Fluxxi burn up anyones phone. My phone gets incredibly hot on FLuxxi, but is fine on N.E.A.K. and Siyah.

Using 200-1200 MHz; Ondemand; deadline; No undervolting (might try -25 later)

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
Is it just me, or does Fluxxi burn up anyones phone. My phone gets incredibly hot on FLuxxi, but is fine on N.E.A.K. and Siyah.

Using 200-1200 MHz; Ondemand; deadline; No undervolting (might try -25 later)

Not an issue for me on fluxxi.

Sent from the Nodes of Ranvier

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
Use the kernel cleaning script.
It could also be your rom. So do a full wipe and reinstall it.
Otherwise it looks like your phone doesn't like flux...

Sent from my GALAXY.

Adelaide.

Feb 25, 2010
I searched the thread and didn't find anyone reporting a similar issue.

I rebooted into recovery today to make a Nandroid. When I used the volume keys and built in soft keys to navigate I got the following error.

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

I did some quick googling, and found that other people who had reported this same problem were able to fix it by clearing cache and dalvik cache. I attempted to do this using the built in soft keys and kept getting the same errors. I then switched to the on screen soft keys and was able to wipe the caches and make a nandroid. After wiping the caches I still can't navigate with the built in soft keys, but I don't get the errors anymore.

I may have missed a warning not to use the built in soft keys because I haven't been able to catch up and read the entire thread, but I don't remember seeing anything in the first 500 posts or so. I figured I would mention it in case that was not supposed to happen.

I'm on Task's AOKP, and I'm on the version of Fluxi before 6/4.

Karashta

Sep 19, 2011
Google Pixel 3 XL

I rebooted into recovery today to make a Nandroid. When I used the volume keys and built in soft keys to navigate I got the following error.

I did some quick googling, and found that other people who had reported this same problem were able to fix it by clearing cache and dalvik cache. I attempted to do this using the built in soft keys and kept getting the same errors. I then switched to the on screen soft keys and was able to wipe the caches and make a nandroid. After wiping the caches I still can't navigate with the built in soft keys, but I don't get the errors anymore.

I may have missed a warning not to use the built in soft keys because I haven't been able to catch up and read the entire thread, but I don't remember seeing anything in the first 500 posts or so. I figured I would mention it in case that was not supposed to happen.

This has been reported. Nothing to worry about. Ktoonsez has it fixed for the next release. Pretty sure it was only a few pages back that he said so.

sent from my magic shiny box using the tap tap tap

Reactions: Adelaide.

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe

It is nothing to worry about, I will make it stop that on the next release.

Reactions: Adelaide.

Adelaide.

Feb 25, 2010
Ok thanks. :D Figures it was reported in the part of the thread I hadn't gotten to yet. Trying to keep up with this thread and Task's thread at the same time has basically turned into a hobby.

Edit: Goddamnitsomuch. I misspelled cache when I used it for the keyword search. *facepalm*

Last edited:

1weener

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah Ive done that multiple times. Ive tried like the last 4 releases and get the same results. Ill try it out again for a week or so and see if its still an issue.

If the phone is getting hot then it is best to NOT try it out for a week. If you can feel that much heat coming off of it then something in there is very hot and can do some real dameage over a shorter time than that.

If it continues to get hot you should find a ROM and a kernal that do not... at least until there have been a few more updates.

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Actually liking the governor so far. Using it as we speak:D. It really spreads the usage across all ghz ranges

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ktoonsez presents:
    4fe2632e0f210.png

Fluxi XX ICS kernel features
    •Must-have for CyanogenMod and AOKP ICS
    •Linux kernel 3.0.38
    •Samsung open source update 4
    •Own toolchain XX. 03, Linaro GCC 4.7.1 with NEON-FPU optimizations for ARM Cortex A9
    •Optimized kernel configuration
    •Compilertweaks
    •ClockworkMod recovery xxTouch 5.5.0.4 complete customized & rebuilt
    •xxTweaker app with huge range of functions
    •Kernel backlight notification BLN, breathing, LED Fadeout / ** BLN & LED in xxTweaker ** /
    •Backlight notification BLN / ** 100% compatible with BLN control ** /
    •CPU OC/UV 100 1600MHz / ** per xxTweaker, voltage control, SetCPU or init.d script ** /
    •District Governor, and Governor settings / **. CPU/governor in xxTweaker ** /
    •OnDemand Governor significantly optimized with screen-off profile and boost at low frequencies.
    •CPU hotplugging settings / b. CPU/hotplug in xxTweaker ** /
    •Power management utilities / b. General, in xxTweaker ** /
    •I/o Scheduler / ** General, in xxTweaker ** /
    •Load current settings for AC, Misc and USB / ** General, in xxTweaker ** /
    •GPU OC/UV 3step 67 400 MHz, 700 1200mV and threshold values / ** per xxTweaker, voltage control or init.d script ** /
    •LCD density settings / b. General, in xxTweaker ** /
    •ROM Manager / ** per xxTweaker ** /
    •Automated Flash of multiple ZIP files in one pass / ** per xxTweaker ** /
    •Screen cursor movement hysteresis / ** by xxTweaker or Tegrak touch move ** /
    •Screen touch sensitivity (e.g. with display cover) / ** per xxTweaker ** /
    •Volume of quiet to LOUDERER adjustable / ** sound settings in xxTweaker ** /
    •Super Amoled + mDNIe, hot, wonderful colors without yellow stitch / ** configurable with xxTweaker ** /
    •Screen brightness configurable / ** gamma level in xxTweaker ** /
    •Screen color temperature configurable / ** shade in xxTweaker ** /
    •.. .and much more
    •Sources publicly under (I9100 version) https://github.com/myfluxi/xxICSKernel
    •Sources publicly under (My I777 version) https://github.com/ktoonsez/xxICSKernel
    4fb98c4be2161.png

Download CWM flashable zip kernel
    ****** IMPORTANT - I removed the xxTweaker from auto installing, use link below to get the newest one.
    DO NOT USE THE OTA OPTION IT IS FOR I9100, IT FLASHES THE WHOLE KERNEL NOT JUST THE xxTweaker!!

ICS 7/29/2012
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jx7b1b12wz849f0

JELLYBEAN 8/26/2012
    WARNING: This kernel has updated WIFI and Bluetooth drivers. If you are going back to stock, you need to get those drivers back or those 2 devices will not work. Simply flashing a kernel will not do it unless it also flashs back those drivers (they are in "/system/lib/modules" folder).
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7x9mt83na522m6o

Download xxTweaker APK 0.3.9_rc2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rnhnt8lpfhgl83t

Link to original thread:
    http://www.android-hilfe.de/kernel-...ernel-ics-xxtweaker-app-xxtouch-recovery.html

Special thanks go to myFluxi for the kernel of course and to bajee11 for the English version of xxTweaker and xator91 for the I9100 thread

xxTweaker

Troubles with getting xxTweaker working or showing up as installed
    1. Clear data for xxTweaker
    2. Uninstall xxtweaker
    3. Open Superuser and press menu button, click preferences and update Su binary. EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU ARE UP TO DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. Go flash the newest kernel again
    5. Done

If you are still having issues, do Step #3 again, make sure you don't have a file called "/data/.notweaker" and reboot and that should do it.
    Some great information is post #2 about governors, schedulers and all that good stuff:D

FAQ's and general Help down in Post #2

Changelog in #3
    Help with kernel to isolate issues with WIFI battery drain
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25876666&postcount=3

Some helpful information on what all these cool settings are in the xxTweaker:

Especially 6th and 7th posts (first page) are very helpful to understand most of the options. (Thanks to Droidphile for the information and to Bethrezen1453 for finding the link)
    http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=23616564

A bit more info regarding what are the kernel options. (Many thanks to Droidphile for all the information)

Q. "What are these modes: IDLE, LPA and AFTR?"
    A. Between screen off and deep sleep states, there are some idle modes supported by cpuidle driver. They are IDLE aka Normal Idle, LPA aka Deep Idle and AFTR aka ARM Off Top Running. Race to idle by CPU is implemented for power management.

In IDLE state, CPU is not clocked anymore, but no hardware is powered down.

In deep idle (LPA),a state after IDLE, again, the cpu is not clocked anymore like we guessed but some parts of hardware are powered down. Deep idle brings in real power savings and there is no need of putting a hard limit to frequency during screen-off; using a screen-off profile. (Good practice is to use a governor with built in screen off profile, than using an user-configured screen-off profile by putting a hard limit on frequency). Deep idle is not used when device is entering deep sleep and also when device is woken from suspend/deep sleep. While entering/exiting DEEP IDLE, CPU is set statically to SLEEP_FREQ and is not clocked below or above until it exits this state.

AFTR is a patch to support Top=Off mode for deep idle. Level 2 cache keeps it data during this mode.

We can have IDLE or AFTR modes with LPA enabled or disabled. (Obviously it is not possible to have IDLE and AFTR together)
    Values:
    0: IDLE
    1: AFTR
    2: IDLE+LPA
    3: AFTR+LPA

Q. "What idle modes are recommended for power saving? How do i change it"?
    A. Recommended for power saving is to enable AFTR and LPA, ie value 3
    Example:
    echo "3" > /sys/module/cpuidle/parameters/enable_mask

Q. "What is sched_mc?"
    A. Linaro team invented sched_mc or Schedule Multi Core to make process scheduling multi-core aware. ie, utilize both cores wisely to save power and balance performance. Even though sched_mc is sort of an alternative to cpu hot plugging, we can use sched_mc with the default hot plug mode.

Possible Values:
    0 : No power saving load balance, default in our exynos4210 Soc.
    1 : Fill one thread/core/package first for long running threads. In our single-CPU dual-core device, multithreading does not come into picture, so load balancing is almost redundant to hotplugging.
    2 : Also bias task wake-ups to semi-idle CPU package for power savings. (Bias new tasks to cpu1 if cpu0 is mostly filled with running tasks). This is 'overloading' CPU0 first.

Q. "What value is recommended for sched_mc?"
    A. 1) If you find advantages to sched_mc, use sched_mc=1 for a possible battery saving. Anyhow since load-balancing is reduntant on hotplugging, it may not have any advantage on exynos chip.
    2) For performance use 2. But do remember that loading CPU0 and leaving CPU1 can not do justice to hitting deep idle states sooner since second core can not enter deep idle. So extra performance or no performance, value 2 will drain some more battery, in the context of delayed didle.
    3) To do justice to hotplugging, use value 0.
    Example:
    echo "0" /sys/devices/system/cpu/sched_mc_power_savings.

Schedulers that i recommend to use. Again massive thanks to Droidphile for the information.

Noop
    Inserts all the incoming I/O requests to a First In First Out queue and implements request merging. Best used with storage devices that does not depend on mechanical movement to access data (yes, like our flash drives). Advantage here is that flash drives does not require reordering of multiple I/O requests unlike in normal hard drives.

Advantages:
    Serves I/O requests with least number of cpu cycles. (Battery friendly?)
    Best for flash drives since there is no seeking penalty.
    Good throughput on db systems.
    Disadvantages:
    Reduction in number of cpu cycles used is proportional to drop in performance.

V(R)

Unlike other schedulers, synchronous and asynchronous requests are not treated separately, instead a deadline is imposed for fairness. The next request to be served is based on it's distance from last request.

Advantages:
    May be best for benchmarking because at the peak of it's 'form' VR performs best.
    Disadvantages:
    Performance fluctuation results in below-average performance at times.
    Least reliable/most unstable.

Governors that i recommend to use. Information again by Droidphile.

Lulzactive:
    This new find from Tegrak is based on Interactive & Smartass governors and is one of the favorites.
    Old Version: When workload is greater than or equal to 60%, the governor scales up CPU to next higher step. When workload is less than 60%, governor scales down CPU to next lower step. When screen is off, frequency is locked to global scaling minimum frequency.
    New Version: Three more user configurable parameters: inc_cpu_load, pump_up_step, pump_down_step. Unlike older version, this one gives more control for the user. We can set the threshold at which governor decides to scale up/down. We can also set number of frequency steps to be skipped while polling up and down.
    When workload greater than or equal to inc_cpu_load, governor scales CPU pump_up_step steps up. When workload is less than inc_cpu_load, governor scales CPU down pump_down_step steps down.
    Example:
    Consider
    inc_cpu_load=70
    pump_up_step=2
    pump_down_step=1
    If current frequency=200, Every up_sampling_time Us if cpu load >= 70%, cpu is scaled up 2 steps - to 800.
    If current frequency =1200, Every down_sampling_time Us if cpu load < 70%, cpu is scaled down 1 step - to 1000.

Conservative:
    A slower Ondemand which scales up slowly to save battery. The conservative governor is based on the ondemand governor. It functions like the Ondemand governor by dynamically adjusting frequencies based on processor utilization. However, the conservative governor increases and decreases CPU speed more gradually. Simply put, this governor increases the frequency step by step on CPU load and jumps to lowest frequency on CPU idle. Conservative governor aims to dynamically adjust the CPU frequency to current utilization, without jumping to max frequency. The sampling_down_factor value acts as a negative multiplier of sampling_rate to reduce the frequency that the scheduler samples the CPU utilization. For example, if sampling_rate equal to 20,000 and sampling_down_factor is 2, the governor samples the CPU utilization every 40,000 microseconds.

Lionheart:
    Lionheart is a conservative-based governor which is based on samsung's update3 source. Tweaks comes from 1) Knzo 2) Morfic. The original idea comes from Netarchy. See here. The tunables (such as the thresholds and sampling rate) were changed so the governor behaves more like the performance one, at the cost of battery as the scaling is very aggressive.

Lionheart goes well with deadline i/o scheduler. When it comes to smoothness (not considering battery drain), a tuned conservative delivers more as compared to a tuned ondemand.
    Do not forget to enable the Lionheart tweaks you must have Conservative governor enabled through the configurator application and then select Lionheart tweaks

Links

*Droidphile thread regarding more info about governors and schedulers and more tweaks
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817
    *Ext4 Optimization information
    http://kernelnewbies.org/Ext4
    *If you want to try alternative settings from mine and try settings near stock default go to the following thread by Geko95gek and check his great thread out.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466017"
    7/29/2012 Changelog:
    •Updated BFQ
    •Updated Pegasusq
    •Change packet filter settings to block multicast
    •Etc.......

7/17/2012 Changelog:
    •Linux 3.0.37
    •Just some many to list so here is the short of it
    •USB
    •vhost
    •mm
    •raid
    •PCI: EHCI
    •eCryptfs
    •ACPI
    •etc................

Previous Changelog:
    •USB driver from N7000
    •Increased pipeline for USB
    •Fix file permissions and cleanup of mali
    •Increased USB Buffer count
    •Correct intermediate freq step and conditional for cpufreq

Previous Changelog:
    •Another few tweeks to logging
    •Several Recovery updates
    •File permissions for vibrator pwm value in Initramfs

Great auto brighness settings (custom backlight settings) from codeworx:
    ***** Make sure your Exynos Sensor is set to "Open Source" in xxTweaker General section *****
    *****WARNING: If you apply the setting before adding ALL the values, you'll have to do a full wipe. *****

CWM Flashable (This sets all the custom backlight values from below in one zip. You will have to flash this everytime you do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset)
    REMEMBER THAT THIS WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE JUST WIPED ALL DATA AND THEN TRY TO FLASH THIS IN THE SAME RECOVERY SESSION, YOU NEED 1 REBOOT TO MAKE THIS WORK.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3dwevbpdh0p9j6z

Code:
    0      12
    6      18   
    9      26   
    14     30   
    20     34   
    30     39   
    46     45   
    68     51   
    103    59   
    154    67   
    231    77   
    346    88   
    519    101  
    778    116  
    1168   133  
    1752   152  
    2627   174  
    3941   199  
    5912   228  
    8867   250
    b858699d-4c1c-6519.jpg

b858699d-4c2c-04f6.jpg
    OP Updated:

4fb98c4be2161.png

****** IMPORTANT - I removed the xxTweaker from auto installing, use link below to get the newest one.
    DO NOT USE THE OTA OPTION IT IS FOR I9100, IT FLASHES THE WHOLE KERNEL NOT JUST THE xxTweaker!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?o6875837wsqx4z6
    OP and Post #3 updated, new KERNEL 6/14/2012:

4fb98c4be2161.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?zabyek9ff6f89ib

Download xxTweaker APK 0.3.9_beta5
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dhenfom2aa41ctb

This has my modified USB driver, goes about 4x faster and also is compiled with the newest Linaro 4.7:D