Secure_storage_daemon / Android system battery drain.

Search This thread

zgroten

Mar 4, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
I have android system system eating up my battery even while the screen is off. Digging deeper, better battery stats says its secure_storage_daemon. I don't know how to stop the process or what it does. Anyone with any experience?

Sprint - Galaxy S5 - Moto X - Nexus 7 LTE

RevelationOmega

Jan 30, 2014
Florida
I have android system system eating up my battery even while the screen is off. Digging deeper, better battery stats says its secure_storage_daemon. I don't know how to stop the process or what it does. Anyone with any experience?

From other post in general.

1. Download and install Kies3 (optional)
2. Copy all contents of your ext SD Card to your computer (your going to WIPE SD card clean)
3. Go into Settings-->Scroll down to System and click on Storage.
4. Format your ext SD Card by pressing "Format SD Card".
5. Go into Kies3/manually drag and and copy all of your contents back onto your SD Card.
6. Reboot your phone
7. See if it worked for you

This worked for me, Format SDcard removed the problem (this if from Joe0113 battery drain thread)

Reactions: zgroten

zgroten

Mar 4, 2010
www.androidfilehost.com
I did something similar that seems to have worked. I just formatted the SD card, UN mounted, RE mounted, formatted again. All I had on there was Google Play Music which I downloaded again. I also installed the new kernel that was posted here on xda, Cleared my cache and dalvik. So one of those seems to have worked so far. It's just annoying because every few days there's a new battery killer and I've got to figure it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

From other post in general.

1. Download and install Kies3 (optional)
    2. Copy all contents of your ext SD Card to your computer (your going to WIPE SD card clean)
    3. Go into Settings-->Scroll down to System and click on Storage.
    4. Format your ext SD Card by pressing "Format SD Card".
    5. Go into Kies3/manually drag and and copy all of your contents back onto your SD Card.
    6. Reboot your phone
    7. See if it worked for you

This worked for me, Format SDcard removed the problem (this if from Joe0113 battery drain thread)