New HTC One user

Search This thread

ILowry282

Oct 8, 2013
Hello all. I just ordered my HTC One M8 and will be receiving it shortly. I have never used an HTC device before. One main question I have is can you do individual text message tones for different contacts using the stock messaging app? I have used the Samsung Galaxy S4, which lets you do that, while my current phone (soon to be former phone) LG G2 does not do that. I understand that I can use any SMS app (I currently use Textra on the G2), but I would prefer just to use the stock app if it has that simple feature.Thanks.

umjammerlammy

May 2, 2014
Hello all. I just ordered my HTC One M8 and will be receiving it shortly. I have never used an HTC device before. One main question I have is can you do individual text message tones for different contacts using the stock messaging app? I have used the Samsung Galaxy S4, which lets you do that, while my current phone (soon to be former phone) LG G2 does not do that. I understand that I can use any SMS app (I currently use Textra on the G2), but I would prefer just to use the stock app if it has that simple feature.Thanks.

You can't with the stock sms app, but you can do it with Chomp SMS.

I've used the app for years, it's worth a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.p1.chompsms