[RECOVERY] Lenovo Thinkpad CWR Port

Search This thread

quyTam

May 26, 2011
It would be great...
Because I've done the upgrade without installing defaut recovery and I lost CWMrecovery.

Try to reinstall default one manually (because pc didn't recognize the tablet) but didn't seems to work for now (don't have any recovery for the moment, it's pretty dangerous...)

Will retry to install it with Terminal Emulator later, hope it will works.

EDIT : has anyone had tryied to reflash CWM after installing ICS ? does it works ?

Last edited:

jhankinson

Dec 10, 2009
It would be great...
Because I've done the upgrade without installing defaut recovery and I lost CWMrecovery.

Try to reinstall default one manually (because pc didn't recognize the tablet) but didn't seems to work for now (don't have any recovery for the moment, it's pretty dangerous...)

Will retry to install it with Terminal Emulator later, hope it will works.

EDIT : has anyone had tryied to reflash CWM after installing ICS ? does it works ?

I tried the same thing (installing CWR after ICS update) and it did not work, luckily I pulled my stock recovery and made a backup first: here it is (from a US 32GB TpT). I pushed it back the same way I pushed CWR and it worked fine. It probably won't work for a tablet with a different size or country, but I guess you could try it since you have nothing at the moment.

Neokazaki

Oct 29, 2011
I'm afraid that no Dev is really working on the tpt. There is a guy at the official lenovo forum who said that he and some other devs are porting Jb for the tpt when google releases the code... But I'm a bit sceptical about that...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

stewarta

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
/system/app/FlexT9ChineseIME.apk

@realyst2k: If you haven't yet upgraded to ICS, could you please PM me the following 0089-ROW file:
/system/app/FlexT9ChineseIME.apk

Somewhere along the line I must have deleted it, and the ICS upgrade is looking for it.
Thanks.
[SOLVED]

Last edited:

quyTam

May 26, 2011
Hello,

I've messed up with recovery while upgrading to ICS (removed the installation of default recovery in the upgrade to be able to use CWM recovery, but it doesn't work anymore with ICS).

So now I've no more recovery.

I've tried to reinstall the default one :
- remove existing "recovery-from-boot.p" and "install-recovery.sh" files
- copy files "recovery-from-boot.p" and "install-recovery.sh" from the last upgrade to the "system" and "system\etc" folders
- launch the folowing command line in a terminal application :
su -c 'dd if=/system/recovery-from-boot.p of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1'

But now when I click in vol+ while reboot, I've no longer the line that said that the tablet will enter recovery... :(

Can anyone know which files have to be restored to be able to enter in recovery mode ?

Thanks !

Deegan87

Sep 9, 2010
I'm having the damndest time upgrading the TPT I just got. It refuses to do OTAs, and is stuck in honeycomb. Root exploits aren't working, but adb tells my I have root when I use the adb shell and su commands. attempting to flash this recovery gets me an error when I use the dd command:
dd if=/data/local/cwr_recovery_2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
/data/local/cwr_recovery_2.img: cannot open for read: No such file or directory

Is there anyone that could help me with this?

Edit: I have superuser working, so I tried using ROM Manager, but it thinks my device is and ASUS T101.

Last edited:

subAlot

Mar 13, 2011
the CWM images are down does anyone have them and could please reuplaod them?

Here u go bud...and everybody else of course^^
16Gb Version....
lil backstory if u care to read...

i just got a barely used TPT and was in need as well...it has never been updated!!!!
A Friend of mine got his TPT back then when it came out, i rooted it of course asap^^
lucky me...coz he did not had a memory card for puttin CWM and stuff on...so i borrowed him one of mine...for some years of course :p
som time in 2016 i demanded back MY friggin property!!!!....just kiddin^^...hehehe...

lookin at my new&shiny 4gb SDCard I do remember thinkin: "make an image b4 wipin"....turns out it was not so bad idea afterall...
u´ll just never no if someone still does care for thiz pice of crap u just tossed out da window coz it frggin sucked:D

hav phun^^

Attachments

• cwr_ventana_2.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:

abbadc

Aug 20, 2013
Denia
Does anybody happen to have the 64Gb images they can share? I've tried all images from links that are still live but they all just reboot when loading recovery...

In this post: [https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1566508[/URL]
its recovery what found in mi 64GB version in backup: NO BLOATWARE 0075 / OTA1 -- 330MB zip
The system will not allow me to add a direct link, because i am new.

saloika1.0

May 20, 2020
16Gb Version....

i just got a barely used TPT and was in need as well...it has never been updated!!!!
A Friend of mine got his TPT back then when it came out, i rooted it of course asap^^
lucky me...coz he did not had a memory card for puttin CWM and stuff on...so i borrowed him one of mine...for some years of course :p
som time in 2016 i demanded back MY friggin property!!!!....just kiddin^^...hehehe...

lookin at my new&shiny 4gb SDCard I do remember thinkin: "make an image b4 wipin"....turns out it was not so bad idea afterall...
u´ll just never no if someone still does care for thiz pice of crap u just tossed out da window coz it frggin sucked:D

hav phun^^

hi i need 32 gb anybody got the file all links are dead plzz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Photo by Logxen (aka not my trash!)
    t7Q7v.jpg

No warranties, no guarantees. If this ruins your device, your fault, not mine. Consider this a test build, backup important stuff manually to your PC for now (photos etc)

This requires an sdcard installed

[Image]
    http://download.cunninglogic.com/cwr_ventana_2.img
    39b5557cf3802d677e33cce76047ef60 *cwr_ventana_2.img

[Source]
    https://github.com/CunningLogic/android_device_lenovo_ventana

[Instructions]
    Code:
    adb push cwr_ventana_2.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    dd if=/data/local/cwr_recovery_2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

[Credits]
    djrbliss - For rooting the thinkpad
    utkanos - walking me through the device config setup
    CM, Koush and everyone who has worked on CWR
    the CWM images are down does anyone have them and could please reuplaod them?

16Gb Version....

hav phun^^
    Here are new versions for the different Sizes:

16Gb:
    http://everyrandom.com/files/download.php?file=264ventana_recovery.img

32Gb:
    http://everyrandom.com/files/download.php?file=196ventana32_recovery.img

64Gb:
    http://everyrandom.com/files/download.php?file=538ventana64_recovery.img

Credits go to Logxen for modifying and compiling (based on the builds jcase made).
    Thanks to bohdans for webspace.

We also excluded the /data/media directory (Internal sdcard) so backups doesn't need so much space anymore.

P.S. there may still be bugs, i you find one, post as much information you can provide and your tpt model

P.P.S: As always: No warranties, no guarantees. Playing around with the recovery can brick your device.

Known Bugs:
    - Doesn't work on ROW Roms
    - Force reboots while backup on some devices
    I can compile ROW versions with my kernel. Can you tell me what steps you took to exclude /data/media(I'm quite new at this)?

Also, are your config files uploaded somewhere for the 32 and 64 gig models(I can generate only for 16GB at the moment)?

You have to edit the source files to force this behavior. Its in the file nandroid.c near line 111:

if (strcmp(backup_path, "/data") == 0 && volume_for_path("/sdcard") == NULL)

Erase the second part of the if-condition. Something like this:

if (strcmp(backup_path, "/data") == 0)
    Thanks for sharing this it worked great, except for the instructions I needed to use
    dd if=/data/local/cwr_ventana_2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    rather than
    dd if=/data/local/cwr_recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    to match the name of your file.
    Thanks again for sharing, CWR seems to be running perfectly.
    Also for those looking for root the exploit has been posted here.