[Xperia S] DooMKernel & DooMRecovery {GB} - discussion and feature request thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

d1d3k

Jul 22, 2012
Tarnów
Hi everyone!

I`m noob, so let me make sure I understand... I currently have:
- unlocked BL,
- Advanced Stock ICS Kernel build 13 (with root & CWM),
- ICS 4.0.4 - 6.1.A.0.452 - (1257-5102) - Central Europe,
and I would have DooMKernel v0.4a, so I have to do the following steps:
- downgrade ROM to GingerBread FW (.63/.67/.73/.75/.76)
- download S-DooMKernel-v04a.zip and change the name to update.zip (or where to find current update.zip - which contain the updated wifi modules?)
- flash this file using CWM
- and finally flash ROM to stock ISC or some moded fw? Or can I restore my previous ROM from CWM backup? Or I have to stay at GB?

And If I don`t want to overclcock my phone, have I need: setcpu, incredicontrol, nofrills cpu control etc.?

ps. forgive me my bad English :eek:

mrsatan

Jul 12, 2009
SLC
Hi everyone!

I`m noob, so let me make sure I understand... I currently have:
- unlocked BL,
- Advanced Stock ICS Kernel build 13 (with root & CWM),
- ICS 4.0.4 - 6.1.A.0.452 - (1257-5102) - Central Europe,
and I would have DooMKernel v0.4a, so I have to do the following steps:
- downgrade ROM to GingerBread FW (.63/.67/.73/.75/.76)
- download S-DooMKernel-v04a.zip and change the name to update.zip (or where to find current update.zip - which contain the updated wifi modules?)
- flash this file using CWM
- and finally flash ROM to stock ISC or some moded fw? Or can I restore my previous ROM from CWM backup? Or I have to stay at GB?

And If I don`t want to overclcock my phone, have I need: setcpu, incredicontrol, nofrills cpu control etc.?

ps. forgive me my bad English :eek:

Doomkernel is only for GB, and if you dont want to overclock, then you dont need a program like that.

papacarla

Mar 21, 2012
Irkutsk
DooMLoRD,

Could you make a non deep modded GB kernel for Acro S/HD with CWM recovery. :eek:

We (Acro HD/S owners) can have a CWM recovery on GB. But It can be installed only with root. So, If there is any problem with rom like a boot loop the cwm recovery does not work and the rom can be repaired by flashing only with SEUS or flashtool with loosing root. :(

The GB kernel allows to use recovery anytime, but there is not devs who have a acro HD.:crying:

Kernels for SXS and for SacroS are almost same. Difference is about external sd-card support.
There is original kernel.sin in attached file.

Attachments

• AcroHD_GB_kernel.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 29

tomfan203

Sep 16, 2012
Hong Kong SAR
Serious problem...

For posting BUGS/issues related to my kernel post them in kernel thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557452

For posting BUGS/issues related to my recovery post them in recovery thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594828

For general discussion regarding my kernel/recovery OR if u want to request for new features, post them in discussion thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1596041

Ok guys I am going to monitor this thread...

I want to keep the dev thread clean so Kindly use this thread to discuss what you want on my kernel & recovery...

U guys can also request for features which u want to see for this kernel and recovery...

There are a few rules for this thread:
DO NOT ASK FOR ETA/RELEASE DATE
NOT ALL REQUESTS MAY BE INTEGRATED
ALL BUGS/ISSUES HAVE TO BE POSTED IN DEV THREAD

Regards,

DooMLoRD

After installing ur DoomLord on my Xperia S, I found that my phone start to stuck on the DoomKernel logo while starting up, I pressed on the volume up btn while the blue light n the white light bar on my phone is lighting. Then I went into recovery mode, I tried to install zip from internal storage, after installed the zips, I clicked on Reboot options \ device/system, but then I can't return back to my android system, it just keep on booting into DoomKernel. I need to flash Xperia S LT26i ROM on Flashtool before I can be able to return to my system, but than I can't never ever install any zip including custom ROM n scripts...plz plz help... :crying:

tomfan203

Sep 16, 2012
Hong Kong SAR
Compatibility

For general discussion regarding my kernel/recovery OR if u want to request for new features, post them in discussion thread:

I want to keep the dev thread clean so Kindly use this thread to discuss what you want on my kernel & recovery...

U guys can also request for features which u want to see for this kernel and recovery...

Regards,

DooMLoRD

Compatible with Sony Xperia S LT26i running on stock ICS 4.0.4 ?

tomfan203

Sep 16, 2012
Hong Kong SAR

No wonder I get stuck on every single boot...
N btw, how can I downgrade my Xperia S from ICS back to GB without wiping any of my data?
I've tried to flash stock LT26i GB ROM using Flashtool as I always does with other official ROMs, but it's not working, my phone just stuck on the XPERIA boot animation, I've tried all official Sony 6.0.A.X.XX but none of them r working...help...
ICS is extremely laggy...therefore I really wanna downgrade back to GB, although the screen resolution on GB is lower than on ICS...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards,

DooMLoRD
    Does the recovery include flashing kernels ??

i dont know, i still dont have a booting kernel with me :(

i got two question is it possible

first is it possible to connect 2 pendrive via hub

like in galaxy s 2

second usb ethernet
    example smc2206usb/eth any thing like that ? not 65mbps via wifi but 100mbps by cable!(that for refrence http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1582250 but is that only for Honeycomb)

wish list:D that for kernel

Regards

THANKS

P.S in NTFS compatibilty will good and mass storage not media transfer protocol:D

1) not sure as it would draw more power than recommended

2) same as above

i can try a few tricks BUT dont recommend connecting high power devices as it can damage the USB port

Would love Overclocking!

OBVIOUSLY!!!

thats one of the core features of DooMKernel ;)

Would like IT to have a home screen more in hope the gouverneurs wil be added toen ofcourse the option to flash custom roms with revovery and all the sweetness youre put in youre other kernels.... And don't forget a stable custom rom with ics

Verstuurd van mijn LT26i met Tapatalk

more home screens? ROM RELATED, nothing to do with kernel...

i dont work on custom ROMs...

NTFS support in kernel.

But just for ask is that safe for phone?

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

yes its safe... i will add it... till then u can use the module i posted in dev thread :D

I feel that there is some problems between DoomLord and FXP,am i wrong?

well nothing like that... i regularly speak to jerpelea, Bin4ry... its just that they concentrate on bringing and fixing the awesome CyanogenMod to our device while i work mostly on kernels for stock ROMs... i do contribute to the CM kernel for Xperia 2011 devices but dont play much with CM myself :)

Change charging light. Full charge=green light, charging=white(or other) light.

Gửi từ LT26i của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

ROM RELATED, nothing to do with kernel...

It's a hardware stuff, Xperia S only has one-color LED

@Doom: Is the bootloader bug fixed ?

apparently the bug was not in bootloader ;)

FreeXperia Team has fixed it!!

Better Battery life. :D

Sent from my LT26i

yes ofcourse, atleast on the kernel level i will do my best to work it out... all other stuff is upto the apps u use and the ROM cooks/devs...
    Do you have any problems with overclocking to 1.7 Ghz (phone heating up, etc.) ?

I'm scared that it might get brick.

dont worry i am preparing an update which will keep a cap on default cpu freq to 1512-384 Mhz

Not sure if it's kernel or the custom wifi modules that needs tweaking but any chance that we can connect to an ad-hoc wifi network. :)

its a binary in the system, i dont remember which file it is.... may be wpa_supplicant?

Hi~DooMLoRD

I've seen [ features ]:
    [v01 onwards] DISABLED CIFS support in kernel (was causing battery drain on Xperia 2011 devices)

I'm already flash DooMKernel on my devices

May CIFS support cause battery drain on XPERIA S ?

can I manual enable the cifs support for my device

I'm usually mount PC's share folder for Video source

Sorry about my English , Thank you :)

CIFS was causing MASSIVE battery drain on Xperia 2011 devices, we were doing bug-hunting for almost 3 months and finally found that CIFS was the culprit... i may create a separate CIFS module if required which u can activate manually...

@DooM I built cifs for myself ( from your source) , didn't seem to drain battery, at least not noticeably. Also you should include the Veno module in your next build, gives really nice speedup

hmmm interesting about the TCP Veno module... lets see may be in v02 kernel ;)
    Thanks again. We test games mostly for our site can't help these filled up phones. At least with removable sd we could have a backup card. Is the no way to mount USB OTG in Kernals recovery and back up to a external memory. Or is that not pos?

interesting... there is always a way :D

let me see what can be done...
    I actually was about to post that exact same question you replied to (yay for reading xD) but the recovery is no longer listed in the recovery thread. The link has been removed and its listed as being part of the new Kernel. So now that can't be done.

I find it all good and fine, but I find moving from v.01 and moving my way up a bit backwards when it could (With Doomrecovery) be flashed directly. This would also leave less room for errors (as I am seeing already, the ones moving backwards to go forwards, are having issues)

So i suppose my question is:

Doom, could you please repost recovery, and make everyone who don't have your beautiful DoomKernel from V.01 lives a bit easier?

Thanks in advance.

From v02 kernels onwards u can do this:
    Open the update.zip browse to kernel folder, extract the kernel.elf and then flash it using fastboot... Now u will be on that kernel... But will still need to flash that update.zip to get latest compatible WiFi modules