[HELP] Sort of Bricked my GS4

Search This thread

Schoejac000

May 14, 2014
Im new to owning an android, and thought it would be a good idea to root and flash a custom rom onto my Sprint Galaxy s4 sph-l720, Not a good idea. I found some good tutorials to flash the stock rom back onto the phone. I've tried every guide and tutorial there is, but everytime, odin fails. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i may be trying to load the wrong firmware, i am not sure. I was on 4.4.2 Kitkat when i flashed my first custom rom onto my phone, my current custom rom is on 4.4.2, This is very frustrating and at the moment, i do not have a working phone until i can get Odin to stop failing. Thanks for reading. Quick replies would be appreciated! :)

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Im new to owning an android, and thought it would be a good idea to root and flash a custom rom onto my Sprint Galaxy s4 sph-l720, Not a good idea. I found some good tutorials to flash the stock rom back onto the phone. I've tried every guide and tutorial there is, but everytime, odin fails. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i may be trying to load the wrong firmware, i am not sure. I was on 4.4.2 Kitkat when i flashed my first custom rom onto my phone, my current custom rom is on 4.4.2, This is very frustrating and at the moment, i do not have a working phone until i can get Odin to stop failing. Thanks for reading. Quick replies would be appreciated! :)

Which firmware version was originally installed on your phone? Have you uninstalled KIES before flashing the firware?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Like i said im new to owning an android (had an iphone before), Didn't check before updating it right out of the box. And to be honest i have no idea what KIES... Im a noob, sorry.

KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

THIS is the 4.4.2 firmware for Sprint Galaxy S4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schoejac000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like i said im new to owning an android (had an iphone before), Didn't check before updating it right out of the box. And to be honest i have no idea what KIES... Im a noob, sorry.

KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

THIS is the 4.4.2 firmware for Sprint Galaxy S4.