[Q&A] JasmineROM Discussions [Chat Room]

Which Android OS do you prefer?

• Total voters
Search This thread

tremor1002

Jul 20, 2010
Jersey City
Sorry for the newbie question... but can I flash Kernels over installed rom from NC4 to NC2 and vise versa or do I have to do a clean install of the rom each time... currently running latest version 2.3.2... even after flashing 2.3.3 update

Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Sorry for the newbie question... but can I flash Kernels over installed rom from NC4 to NC2 and vise versa or do I have to do a clean install of the rom each time... currently running latest version 2.3.2...
Since you Odin the kernel it can be done independent of the rom, but not every rom can use the nc4 kernel so just be aware of what kernel is supported prior to flashing or your phone might not boot.

tremor1002

Jul 20, 2010
Jersey City
Quick question... I can't get my Screen Mirroring to work. Am I suppose to flash over stock rom or a complete system wipe. I did a system wipe and installed 2.3.2 on stock rom slot twice and still can't get it to work...

Last edited:

rpizzijr

Dec 3, 2013
voicemail notification

I'm not getting voicemail notifications when a new message arrives. On 2.3.2 any suggestions?

Thanks!

Josephigloe

Sep 1, 2013
Menifee
I'm not getting voicemail notifications when a new message arrives. On 2.3.2 any suggestions?

Thanks!

I think if you have voice mail in deep sleep or greenify to hibernate it will affect you voice mail notifications I had a similar situation when a notification did pop up it was unable to retrieve the voice mail until I had either WiFi or data turned for a few minutes hope this helps. I just left everything intact I hardly get calls or voice mail as it didn't bother me.

rpizzijr

Dec 3, 2013
voicemail woes

I think if you have voice mail in deep sleep or greenify to hibernate it will affect you voice mail notifications I had a similar situation when a notification did pop up it was unable to retrieve the voice mail until I had either WiFi or data turned for a few minutes hope this helps. I just left everything intact I hardly get calls or voice mail as it didn't bother me.

I froze the visual vm since it kept popping up and not working. I don't use that anyway. The regular vm notification doesn't seem to work. I need to be able to know / retrieve vm in real time for professional reasons. If I unfreeze visual vm, I seem to get notifications, but they are thru that app which doesn't work.

So I am either stuck with visual voice mail constantly popping up and can't work but I know I have voicemail or freezing it and never knowing that I have a voicemail. Neither of which is a viable solution. This was not an issue on 2.2

Thanks

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
I froze the visual vm since it kept popping up and not working. I don't use that anyway. The regular vm notification doesn't seem to work. I need to be able to know / retrieve vm in real time for professional reasons. If I unfreeze visual vm, I seem to get notifications, but they are thru that app which doesn't work.

So I am either stuck with visual voice mail constantly popping up and can't work but I know I have voicemail or freezing it and never knowing that I have a voicemail. Neither of which is a viable solution. This was not an issue on 2.2

Thanks
All you gotta do is clear app data and cache. The vm app will work.

matsuyamakaze

Sep 12, 2014
I'm having big problem with texting my messages won't send or I get doubles of already received messages started with 2.3.2 really bad with 2.3.3 had to go back to 2.3.2 tried to go back to my stock rom but it stuck loading on Verizon red screen so I'm on 2.3.2 their sending but they load the loading and sending didn't work on 2.3.3 and I have never had a issue ever with my reception or dropped calls or not sending messages until I started using 2.3.2/ 1.9 did not have these issues. I have great signal great network just need that fixed very urgent thanks for everything hsbadr. Still love the rom. Just it somehow effects signal.

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
I'm having big problem with texting my messages won't send or I get doubles of already received messages started with 2.3.2 really bad with 2.3.3 had to go back to 2.3.2 tried to go back to my stock rom but it stuck loading on Verizon red screen so I'm on 2.3.2 their sending but they load the loading and sending didn't work on 2.3.3 and I have never had a issue ever with my reception or dropped calls or not sending messages until I started using 2.3.2/ 1.9 did not have these issues. I have great signal great network just need that fixed very urgent thanks for everything hsbadr. Still love the rom. Just it somehow effects signal.
Doesn't seem like anybody has had this problem? Maybe try different modems?

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
I was having some weird text message fail issues... Change my network from Global to LTE/CDMA and all seems better now.

Tapatalked from my Note 3

Jan 29, 2013
when i end a call now the phone app stays open in the drawer and it doesnt allow me to close it or see when new calls are coming in or who is calling, HELP?!
i am on 1.9 jasmine

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

when i end a call now the phone app stays open in the drawer and it doesnt allow me to close it or see when new calls are coming in or who is calling, HELP?!
i am on 1.9 jasmine

Looks to be xposed LED control

Last edited:

macspsi

Nov 13, 2013
Love the rom very smooth my only questions are that is it possible to get the keyboard in one handed mode or is floating the only option for this type of keyboard? My other problem is that I'm dealing with some some slower charging times and I am using the original charger. Edit: Tried dealing with the charging and battery depleting fast by doing what is recommended in your first post which was to go into safestrap and delete battery stats and when I rebooted the settings app is now force closing.

Last edited:

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Love the rom very smooth my only questions are that is it possible to get the keyboard in one handed mode or is floating the only option for this type of keyboard? My other problem is that I'm dealing with some some slower charging times and I am using the original charger. Edit: Tried dealing with the charging and battery depleting fast by doing what is recommended in your first post which was to go into safestrap and delete battery stats and when I rebooted the settings app is now force closing.
You just have to clear data and cache. It's a reported issue.

miguel_mkc

Sep 16, 2010
2.4 rom

I am on the latest 2.4 rom and so far the only things I have seen that don't work are the camera feature that activates front and back at the same time, the zoomed interface in a s note is very blocky, and incoming calls FC the callui app. If these issues have been addressed or are already know. My apologies. I don't have rights to post in the main forum or else I would put this there. I am on Verizon note3 and will be switching to t-mobile this weekend. This rom is fantastic. Thank you so much for your time and effort in developing this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JasmineROM v2.x Deep Sleep Fixed

Deep sleep & battery issues on JasmineROM v2.x have been fixed. Check this post for more details!
    JasmineROM Support

The rating of this thread has been decreased from 5/5 to 4.6/5. It seems that haters are contributing with negative votes while supporters are inactive.

Please show your support to JasmineROM by adding 5-star rating & review, if you want the develoment here to continue. It doesn't make sense to invest my time in a downrated development.

Thank you!
    This is the place for Q&A, general discussions, and post-installation chat about JasmineROM. Please keep your personal issues that are not related to the development, such as themes and other stuff, here.
    Jasmine 2.0 battery hog

Greetings All,

After playing with 2.0 for about a week I found this bit of information after hooking my phone to an oscilloscope and watching the timing on the CPU. I found out that SetCPU will NOT let the CPU shut down hardly at all. Didn't matter what settings I tried.
    If you change I/O scheduler or governor in any other app, SetCPU will "fight" with that app to regain control and just run the CPU wide open all the time. That is one reason, I believe, that the phone has been getting so hot and why the battery goes down so fast.
    After un-installing SetCPU my battery life is back again like 1.7 or 1.8. Now this ROM is really sweet.
    Hope this helps.

Take care,

OotR

Oh yeah.... FYI... I have found that getting rid of ALL others except for ROM Toolbox Pro and then using it to set the I/O scheduler to Noop and the Governor to interactive has been my best balance of speed and battery life. I did all these tests on a bench with several fun machines to play with that measured and recorded battery usage, CPU use (per core), timing function of the relative I/O through the chip on a 'scope.
    There was an issue in my mixer configuration which makes the minimum/maximum volume levels unreasonable. so, you might get louder volume at 50% not 100%. V4A may mitigate the effect. Anyway, this together with the volume panel glitch have been already fixed on 2.2.1.

The only issue I'm having so far is with ISIS wallet it won't reload. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and still wont reload. I have super cleaned per Hsbadr instructions and even went back to stock and reflashed and still wont reload. I dont know what else to do.:confused:

This might be partitions problem, if noone else reported the same issue. To fix, flash stock tar & test ISIS on it; then, flash JasmineROM 2.2.1 (no need to test on 2.2; I'll try to update you very soon).