i9505 Downgrade to 4.3 and ROOT knox 0X0

Search This thread

LEENO

Oct 7, 2008
I successfull downgraded i9505 from 4.4.2 FNC4 to 4.3 MKF and rooted it.
Knox still 0X0

1) Flash i9505_Downgrade_43_by_Leeno_.tar
2) Flash i9505_downgrade43_step2.tar
3) wipe data (if you don't wipe data s4 will hang at startup logo)
optional - root with .bat saferoot

After those steps, i9505 will have full working mkf version missing mkf bootloader.
Bootloader will not downgrade

if you want update to 4.4.2 or newer 4.3 than mkf and keep root and knox 0X0:
1) install mobile odin and open it
2) select option:
- "ever root" and
- "reboot in download mode"
3) select firmware and write. At the end it go in download mode, don't power on it
4) Flash only boot with odin from pc

2dvn3a0.png

Last edited:

Wuby986

Oct 18, 2013
May i ask you where you applied the mods ,to stock firmware, i guess?? I am soooo curious to know how you archieved this! I don' t have an s4 anymore but could be usefull for some friends ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

LEENO

Oct 7, 2008
1) 4.3 is not battery drainer
2) safe root work from readable .bat adb. Towelroot i not know what modify in the system so we not know if any bug is caused by it.
3) if towelroot will not work with next firmware, maybe downgrade will still work

Taptalked

Last edited:

action294

Dec 15, 2009
4.3 is not battery drainer and safe root work from readable .bat adb. Towelroot i not know what modify in the system so we not know if any bug is caused by it

Taptalked

Well, my battery life was better with 4.4.2; so I guess no use for me. Towelroot uses a kernel exploit so basically no other modification is done to the "system", which may pose problems, as you later stated, in case further updates are pushed by Samsung. For more info/discussion see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

Last edited:

LEENO

Oct 7, 2008
Well, my battery life was better with 4.4.2; so I guess no use for me. Towelroot uses a kernel exploit so basicall no other modification is done to the "system". For further info/discussion see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783157

with 4.4.2 fnc4 and fnb8 stock rom i have huge battery drain. With screen on it go from 100% to 90% in about 10 minutes. Only nova launcher and beautiful widjet in memory
Which rom are you using?

Taptalked

Last edited:

action294

Dec 15, 2009
with 4.4.2 fnc4 and fnb8 stock rom i have huge battery drain. With screen on it go from 100% to 90% in about 10 minutes. Only nova launcher and beautiful widjet in memory
Which rom are you using?

Taptalked

I have 2 phones, bought each with NB8. Neither one had battery drain, I tripped Knox and rooted my first one with Chainfire's method, using custom recovery and running SlimKat 4.4.4 and KT kernel.

My other phone has been updated with Odin to NF1, left stock but running TowelRoot and still Knox 0x0. No suspicious battery drain. With normal usage I get better battery life on my first phone though.

Reactions: LEENO

jonatasneves13

Oct 23, 2012
St. John Bar
let me see if I understand...

I have 4.4.2 with 4.4.2 bootloader and KNOX 0X1...

if I use this I'll have 0x0 KNOX and 4.3 ROM and 4.3 bootloader only flashing this file?

Wuby986

Oct 18, 2013
let me see if I understand...

I have 4.4.2 with 4.4.2 bootloader and KNOX 0X1...

if I use this I'll have 0x0 KNOX and 4.3 ROM and 4.3 bootloader only flashing this file?
if i have understand correctly no it will not reset knox, but you could downgrade from KK to JB and then root without trip knox..
what i am woundering is if it will be possible to downgrade to 4.2.2 no knox ( even if tripped it shouldn' t show??!?? )

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RedPandaFox

Sep 6, 2012
Waiting to give this a try. 4.4 is not out yet in my country and want to return it to 4.3 as I am having issues with my network.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I successfull downgraded i9505 from 4.4.2 FNC4 to 4.3 MKF and rooted it.
    Knox still 0X0

1) Flash i9505_Downgrade_43_by_Leeno_.tar
    2) Flash i9505_downgrade43_step2.tar
    3) wipe data (if you don't wipe data s4 will hang at startup logo)
    optional - root with .bat saferoot

After those steps, i9505 will have full working mkf version missing mkf bootloader.
    Bootloader will not downgrade

if you want update to 4.4.2 or newer 4.3 than mkf and keep root and knox 0X0:
    1) install mobile odin and open it
    2) select option:
    - "ever root" and
    - "reboot in download mode"
    3) select firmware and write. At the end it go in download mode, don't power on it
    4) Flash only boot with odin from pc

2dvn3a0.png
    There is some solution for sound problem after downgrade?
    I also have this problem and can't see any idea :/

I don't wan't to stay at kitkat version.

Thx!

Hi, for a complete downgrade to 4.3

1) flash with odin "bootloader_i9505_nb2.tar" and "Wifi_i9505_nb2.tar" (Auto Reboot unselected and repeat two times)
    2) flash with a custom recovery "I9505_stock_nb2.zip"
    3) in build.prop set "ro.securestorage.support=false"
    now sound is back on 4.3 and wifi work perfect with stock kernel ;)

ATTENTION!!!
    this procedure change knox status to 0x1
    childrens :crying: :crying: :crying: can't wait while dad doing hard work...

i'm not full day writing on forum, i have some work...

anyway i done some tries but my adsl fail after many hours. So any try require many hours

Download link added in first post

Test it and then give some excuse.
    My goodness what a joke is this. No one who after a few days thinks it's a hoax?
    And please Leeno, why on earth would you open this topic in the first place? Is it lack of attention?
    How about we decide what it's worth after trying it once it's uploaded and in a mean while give the op the normal respectful amount of a benefit of a doubt?
    Which rom are you using?

Taptalked

I have 2 phones, bought each with NB8. Neither one had battery drain, I tripped Knox and rooted my first one with Chainfire's method, using custom recovery and running SlimKat 4.4.4 and KT kernel.

My other phone has been updated with Odin to NF1, left stock but running TowelRoot and still Knox 0x0. No suspicious battery drain. With normal usage I get better battery life on my first phone though.