[HowTo] Flash a firmware with ODIN on Samsung Galaxy W(I8150)

Search This thread

aibyprince 63

Jul 31, 2017
I am flashing using this method, but it takes quite a long time about 2 hours and that too not finished until now. Is there any problem? Please help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For the record, flashing causes a violation of the garantuee policy of Samsung. Furthermore there is a possibility of demaging the Android-system(bricking). It has been reported that flashing has caused in a several(ca. 10) cases a brick. So please be aware THIS IS A RISK. Until now we couldn't find out what caused the bricking, it has been reported with the asian firmware. But also once with the german firmware.

So whoever takes the risk, takes the responsibility

How to Flash a firmware with ODIN

Note: Please scroll down and read the Notification if you have not already done so !!!

1.a) Download one of the firmwares from below.
    1.b) If you already have a firmware, you can download the Ancora.OPS and the Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe from Other.

2. While switched off, keep the following buttons pressed. Release the power-button once the Samsung Galaxy W(I8150) is switched on.

Download-1.jpg

As soon as the screen with the exclamation mark appears hit the Volume up-button. Now you should be in the download mode.
    Connect your device to the Computer.

Note: In order that your Samsung Galaxy W to be detected by ODIN, you will have to install the drivers manually or install Kies (Kies can be uninstalled right after, if prefered, because the drivers will remain in the system). Make sure Kies is not running in the task-manager, while using ODIN.

Download2.jpg

INFO: The download-mode is being used to flash firmwares, without using the official method of Samsung Kies. This should be reachable even if you have a corrupted firmware installed.

3. Open Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe . INFO: Use ODIN Multi Download v.4.43, I reported some issues with lower versions

4. click on the OPS-Button and select the Ancora.ops file.

5. Set up the settings as followed:

mark the option: One Package, Protect OPS, Auto Reboot
    unmark the option: Reset Time (Sec)

6.Click on the One Package-Button and select the downloaded MD5-file.

7. Click on the Start-Button. Flashing takes around 10-15 minutes. and the first start up takes up to 5 min., so please don't panic and don't press anything until the home screen appears!

==================================================================

Notification

Maybe it is more secure to make a full wipe using ClockWorkMod.

The reason why these complicated steps might be necessary: Because your system most likely be a mess, if you were flashing all different kinds of firmwares. To make sure your device is not an overwritten old firmware these steps are necessary.
    Flashing firmwares via ODIN does not delete all old data !!!

Use this course of action:

1. Backup everything manually what you can!

2. If you have not already installed ClockWorkMod, use the flash instruction from above and download the ClockWorkMod from the section Other.

3. Once ClockWorkMod is flashed, go to the Recovery Mode(which is the ClockWordMod):
    a) backup and restore -> backup to external sdcard
    b) backup and restore -> restore from external sdcard
    This is to make sure the files aren't corrupted, if this is successful you can be sure everything is backupped. If you get a MD5 mismatch something went wrong. Try again!
    c) wipe data/factory reset -> confirm
    d) wipe cache partition -> confirm
    e) mounts and storage -> format system -> confirm
    f) mounts and storage -> format cache -> confirm
    g) mounts and storage -> format data -> confirm

4. You restart your phone in Download Mode and flash a firmware using this instruction, which is provided in the thread under Firmwares.

5. Now you will have to flash again the ClockWorkMod recovery to restore your data.

Note: But this is only possible if the previous firmware is compatible with the current one. Most custom ROMs aren't compatible with the stock ROMs or other custom ROMs!

Than open ClockWorkMod Recovery and:

backup and restore-> advanced restore from external sdcard -> select the backup -> Restore data -> confirm.

Now if you want the stock recovery back(needed for OTA updates) instood of ClockWorkMod, than go to Other and select the stock recovery, and flash it on your device.

6. Now you should have a fresh device like you have never flashed before!!!
    Other

INFO: All the firmwares provided by me contain the Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe and the Ancora.OPS-file. So you just need to download the single files if you already have a firmware from somewhere else.

Odin Multi Downloader v4.43
    Ancora.OPS

INFO: You can install the following files using ODIN just like a firmware using it as OnePackage-File. ODIN file recognize it automatically

Stock Recovery

ClockWorkMod v.5.5.0.4 (Original thread)

Baseband I8150XXLM8 (for CM9 and custom ROMs)

Baseband I8150XXLMB (for CM9 and custom ROMs)
    Firmwares

INFO: All the firmwares contain the Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe and the Ancora.OPS-file.

The following firmware (asian) has many parts, so don't use the OnePackage-method described above. This firmware usually makes a hard reset. So this might be useful in some way.
    All files will have to be placed as followed:
    OPSAncora.ops.

BootAPBOOT_I8150ZSKI3_CL613004_REV00_user_low_ship_EMMC.tar.md5

PhoneSMD_MODEM_I8150ZSKI3_CL613004_REV00_user_low_ship_EMMC.smd.md5

PDASMD_PDA_I8150ZSKI3_CL613004_REV00_user_low_ship_EMMC.smd.md5

CSCSMD_CSC_GT-I8150-MULTI-CSC-OZSKI3_EMMC.smd.md5
    Hello, first thanks for the instruction.

I followed exactly every step from the instruction. My problem is, that odin can`t find the .md5 and the .ops files...

I downloaded the firmware package from your thread, so i am using the recommended versions. I run a Thinkpad Laptop with W7 64-Bit Version. I also run Odin as an administrator.

Got any idea why Odin can`t find the files?

thx

Maybe change the direction of the files(MD5-file and OPS-file) to C:\ .
    Sometimes Windows has problems with certain directions.

greets

THE-E
    Hi THE-E, do i need to be rooted to flash the firmwares? thanks in advance :)

No, no root access is required. After flashing root will be vanished anyway.

greets

THE-E