[Q] No adb shell access after flashing stock 4.3

Search This thread

cheniro

Jan 9, 2014
Hi All,

I have updated my GS4 (I9500) from 4.2.2 to stock 4.3 (JSS15J.I9500XXUEMJ9)
All went well, I've rooted it with FC-Auto-root and that went well as well.
My problem is that I don't have adb shell access. I get permission denied every time.

I've started looking and got to the conclusion it is Samsung Knox. So I've upgraded SuperSu to the newest version (that should support Knox issues). When that didn't worked, I've installed Titanium backup and deleted all Knox apps but that didn't solve the issue.

I tried to wipe and restore factory through recovery mode, rooted it again using cwm but still, no shell access (some adb pull and adb push). I tried to run adb root, adb remount but nothing solved the issue.

The weird thing is, that for the first 2 minutes after rebooting the device, I do get adb shell access, but then suddenly the device is like 'reconnecting' and I get kicked out of the device's shell and get permission denied.

Can someone please advice? I tried looking in this forum, I seriously searched all google and couldn't find a solution.. I can't work with it without adb shell.

Thanks!

cheniro

Jan 9, 2014
please help

Hi All,

I have updated my GS4 (I9500) from 4.2.2 to stock 4.3 (JSS15J.I9500XXUEMJ9)
All went well, I've rooted it with FC-Auto-root and that went well as well.
My problem is that I don't have adb shell access. I get permission denied every time.

I've started looking and got to the conclusion it is Samsung Knox. So I've upgraded SuperSu to the newest version (that should support Knox issues). When that didn't worked, I've installed Titanium backup and deleted all Knox apps but that didn't solve the issue.

I tried to wipe and restore factory through recovery mode, rooted it again using cwm but still, no shell access (some adb pull and adb push). I tried to run adb root, adb remount but nothing solved the issue.

The weird thing is, that for the first 2 minutes after rebooting the device, I do get adb shell access, but then suddenly the device is like 'reconnecting' and I get kicked out of the device's shell and get permission denied.

Can someone please advice? I tried looking in this forum, I seriously searched all google and couldn't find a solution.. I can't work with it without adb shell.

Thanks!

anyone? help.. I really don't know what to do..

Thanks.

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
anyone? help.. I really don't know what to do..

Thanks.

Phone setting > more > about device > Click build number 5/7 times until you see android developer sign , then press go back Developer option > turn it on on top and tick USB debugging. Open supersu app ,check if there's adb or something, click and choose Grant then save.

Last edited:

cheniro

Jan 9, 2014
Didn't solve

Phone setting > more > about device > Click build number 5/7 times until you see android developer sign , then press go back Developer option > turn it on on top and tick USB debugging. Open supersu app ,check if there's adb or something, click and choose Grant then save.

USB debugging was on. SuperSU don't show adb as authorized apps..

In one of my tries I managed to get SuperSU to ask me to grant permission to adb, and I did. But this didn't help much as well..

I'm lost...