Cannot pair with bluetooth mouse to stock 4.4.2

Search This thread

azik

May 1, 2008
Baku
Hey gang,

For some reason, whenever I have KitKat on my Nexus 7, I cannot pair it with my bluetooth mouse. I had stock 4.3.1, Cyanogenmod 10,2 and 11 and that wasn't a problem there.

Both 4.4 and 4.4.2 do not seem to be able to get paired with the mouse. It sees it in the list of available devices, pairing mode enable on the mouse, but it isn't clickable.

Here's the video:

http://youtu.be/k6uePEsq4E4

Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited:

vionratio

Nov 15, 2013
bluetooth mouse

Me too having same issue since 4.3.1. I thought this will be solve after update to 4.4.2 but issue remain. Now I don't know what's the point for me to upgrade to 4.4.2.

azik

May 1, 2008
Baku
I suppose not a lot of people are using mice with N7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ktkjr

Feb 14, 2014
Minneapolis
Exact same problem

Worked running 4.2.2 and 4.3. Didn't work running 4.4.1 or 4.4.2. I'm trying with an Inland pro, so it isn't the mouse.

Last edited:

ktkjr

Feb 14, 2014
Minneapolis
Bt fixed itself?

OK. Riddle me this. I had the same issues as the OP, i.e., Bt mouse not pairing and not even clickable, as shown in his linked video. I can't tell you exactly why I did it, but I unrooted and relocked. Then I got the OTA 4.4.2. (Instead of the one I flashed.) Used everything for a few days. Mouse still refused to pair. Just now I unlocked and rooted. Guess what? Mouse paired and connected without problems. I've now got a Bt mouse, keyboard, AND headphones running just fine!

I'd like to shut it all down to see if things reconnect automatically, but I don't want to press my luck.

K