How to disable the "Cannot Connect" popup notification?

Search This thread

bubble

Feb 10, 2005
I first posted this in Questions and answers but know from experience that most of us don't ever read General discussion.

Did anyone manage to disable this annoying "Cannot Connect" popup notification?
Disabling "Display message on screen" for events "Connection disconnected" and "Connection established" via the Sounds & Notifications settings has no effect on this particular message.
I found a few threads related to this issue but none of them propose a working solution.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 263

lee_d

Jul 2, 2009
Shepherdsville
OnePlus 8 Pro
NoData

I just upgraded to the Raphael today, so I haven't tried this on this model. I did, however, have the Kaiser that I installed "NoData" on because I got sick of that message too. You can install that and it will allow you to toggle your available data connections on and off, thus removing the message.

Punch that into bing or Google and look up the result from MoDaCO. Worked like a charm on my Kaiser. ;)

bubble

Feb 10, 2005
Disabling data is not a solution for me.
My connection is working properly but I get this annoying message once every few days.

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
maybe you have "display message on screen" checked under "connection disconnected" in sounds and notifications? where did you get that theme? it has an htc colored title bar to the dialog box.

kashief

Aug 15, 2009
Philly
me personally, i like the popups...the phone has better sounds than others i used... i love my fuze. but i do admit some things can be annoying sometimes lol

Beeble

Dec 5, 2005
I'm with the OP here - i've been searching on & off for a wile trying to find a way of blocking that. again (like the OP) turning off data isnt an option, i want data on all the time - telling me i cant have it is pointless, i can see that by the status bar! just be quite & keep trying to reconnect like a good phone!

camro

Apr 20, 2007
Did you read my initial post at all? :rolleyes:

The theme is EnergyROM_Plus.

do you have found a solution for disable this notification screen ?
i have also this notification sometimes and i really hate it...
(mostly i get this sometimes on trying to "send/receive" in poutlook and no way to disable it ? hmm

camro

Apr 20, 2007
i found a solution for it :)

there is a Reg key...which is pointing to exe file.
if you change the path to an exec which doesn't do anything, then it seems to be working.

'[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSREMNET
'"1"="remnet.exe"

also i add a function to change this reg + an extra exe file which does nothing.

see SchedHandler 1.12

cu camel

kalhimeo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2007
Brussels
more than a year later, the information is found very usefull :)

I join a dummy .exe for those who could not find any file.

And of course, thank you very much camro !!!

Attachments

• dummy.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: austindh91

SimplyMonica

Dec 30, 2009

An additional 2 years later and this is a GOD SEND! Some days the pop up comes up, I'd clear it only to have it come right back up! I did have to tell the phone that the dummy.exe was OK to run, but now the message is gone!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.