Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 QVGA/WVGA/VGA GSM or CDMA Hybrid

Search This thread

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
Click the blue download now, not the 4shared desktop download which is 4shared's downloading software....

Hi mate,

Thanks for the app. I have a question to ask, how do I use the app after installing it? I am using Ark_N's 21891 ROM on the TP2 on Vodafon UK Network.

Thanksfor your help.

godefroi

Mar 25, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
If I install this (on stock AT&T Tilt 2 ROM) and something goes horribly wrong, or say I just don't like the colors, does uninstalling it revert me back to the built-in version?

That is to say, is it safe to install?

smb1966

Feb 1, 2010
tried to download x 2. I only get a window's file that says must open from app. I have a 6800 so I figured this would be a piece of cake, what am I doing wrong?

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer

smb1966

Feb 1, 2010
I was using the correct link but the file was ending as .cab;= I went into properties and deleted the last 3 charatures and it actually became a cab file, the same with the security policy lifter. Does this make since? Going to finish the setup to see how it works.

RyanMogul

I was using the correct link but the file was ending as .cab;= I went into properties and deleted the last 3 charatures and it actually became a cab file, the same with the security policy lifter. Does this make since? Going to finish the setup to see how it works.

A Cab is supposed to be installed on your device FROM your device using the file explorer lol...

Jacobxx

Jan 26, 2009
Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 CABs for Windows Mobile CDMA or GSM Devices.​

To use these CABs for your Carrier you will need to edit the registry to get the most out of your Carriers settings like UI settings, ports, and send/receive sizes. Locations you will need to change and fill in certain values depending are listed below.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\SizeLimit]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader] <--GSM server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2] <--CDMA server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC] <--GSM server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2] <--CDMA server

Could you fill us in on how we should go about doing this part? (Please don't answer "Use a regedit program"). I'm on Alltel/Verizon if you know the settings that should go in there.

smb1966

Feb 1, 2010
I'm with ya, had this phone for a couple years, so pretty experienced in installing various types of files. but what I'm seeing is not a cab file (\Storage Card\Windows\Arcsoft 5_2_8_45_QVGA(1).cab;=) with that issue resolved (by deleating ;= from the end of the file name) and cab installed, reboot..... it still isn't working. I'm sorry to be a pain in the ...., I was just hoping to be able to use this. Thanks for trying to help anyway

RyanMogul

I'm with ya, had this phone for a couple years, so pretty experienced in installing various types of files. but what I'm seeing is not a cab file (\Storage Card\Windows\Arcsoft 5_2_8_45_QVGA(1).cab;=) with that issue resolved (by deleating ;= from the end of the file name) and cab installed, reboot..... it still isn't working. I'm sorry to be a pain in the ...., I was just hoping to be able to use this. Thanks for trying to help anyway

Umm, no.. I just downloaded it and it downloaded as Arcsoft 5_2_8_45_QVGA.cab

And obviously copy it to your device memory and install to device memory. Never install a system application to the storage card.

Montea

ok, first thanks for the Cab. My MMS has never functioned correctly on this phone (at&t tilt2). I can now send MMS but when it downloads MMS I get the this "Message Not Found" thanks in advanced for any suggestions you may have.

RyanMogul

ok, first thanks for the Cab. My MMS has never functioned correctly on this phone (at&t tilt2). I can now send MMS but when it downloads MMS I get the this "Message Not Found" thanks in advanced for any suggestions you may have.

Try changing this values data to 0 and if its already on 0 try setting it to 1 and soft reset.
"PromptForActiveConnection"=dword:00000000

Also check this values data. You may need WAP push on 1.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\WAPPUSH]
"WAPPUSH Mode"=dword:00000000

Otherwise you may have more edits to do to function correctly on AT&T. Are you using the GSM server portions? Did you doublecheck every setting and search the forums to you find the latest correct settings. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:

smb1966

Feb 1, 2010
I am still unable t get any functionality out of it, any suggestions? with an older cab I was able to receive but not send. It's probably the carrier I'm just not experienced enough to know. also to confirm, I have to download the cabs or zip files on my deveice even though the are not applications? I just assumed that they were treated like temp files and once excuted, were not necessary for application function. any idea where I ca obtain provider specific stting info. I have Ntelos and most Sprint software etc works . I'm just becoming frustrated because I know this phone is way capabe but my provider has implemented obstacles that can be worked around with the know how.. which as you can tell I do not have.

Montea

Try changing this values data to 0 and if its already on 0 try setting it to 1 and soft reset.
"PromptForActiveConnection"=dword:00000000

Also check this values data. You may need WAP push on 1.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\WAPPUSH]
"WAPPUSH Mode"=dword:00000000

Otherwise you may have more edits to do to function correctly on AT&T. Are you using the GSM server portions? Did you doublecheck every setting and search the forums to you find the latest correct settings. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the info. I tried & still no luck. I have triple checked the settings with the AT&T site & they are all correct. I am using the GSM server portions. Now it won't send again!! I have uninstalled & re-installed soft reset.

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
Should've backed up my Sprint's Touch Pro2 ArcSoft registry settings before installing this... I'm on the same boat (looking for Sprint specific settings...) I guess I can install older version and get values from that... Will post back results...

mr-mac

Dec 20, 2007
probs wrong place to ask.... but you seem to know arcsoft's mms software very well.

I installed 5.2.0.47 on my Samsung B7610 and everything is setup and working fine.

I can send and recive SMS and MMS fine.

However if I am sitting in the messenger app in the account "SMS / MMS" and click "Menu" > "New" I only find two entries in the list "voicemail" and "mms". I belive sms should be an option here and wondered if someone knew the reg setting or other setting I need to alter to put SMS in this list.

Thanks

john

Last edited:

RyanMogul

probs wrong place to ask.... but you seem to know arcsoft's mms software very well.

I installed 5.2.0.47 on my Samsung B7610 and everything is setup and working fine.

However if I am sitting in the messenger app in the account "SMS / MMS" and click "Menu" > "New" I only find two entries in the list "voicemail" and "mms". I belive sms should be an option here and wondered if someone knew the reg setting or other setting I need to alter to put SMS in this list.

Thanks

john

Add these strings and values into your registry and soft reset.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\SMS\MsgClasses]
"IPM.SMStext"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext]
"Name"="SMS"

mr-mac

Dec 20, 2007
Add these strings and values into your registry and soft reset.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\SMS\MsgClasses]
"IPM.SMStext"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext]
"Name"="SMS"

Nice one.... SMS_text was already there but name=SMS was missing

Now Have SMS in my list of new messages

Thanks kindly for your help... Would have tried your version of the arcsoft software but the fileshare you use doesn't like allowing a download over 3G.

Cheers

John

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 CABs for Windows Mobile CDMA or GSM Devices.​

Motorola Q's DO NOT support Arcsoft so DO NOT install these CABs.​

I hacked this version of Arcsoft to be a Hybrid Version. Meaning it will support both MMS and Pics/Videos (be able to view existing messages from either version). This version supports CDMA and GSM devices. The optional CABs to download and install QVGA (320x240), WVGA (800x480), and VGA (640x480).

The only bug I couldnt eliminate is if you try and forward a video message sent or received using a NON pics/video version of Arcsoft (MMS) using this version it will say it cannot. But it will save it in your drafts in which you can open it and send it from there.

1: If you are able to uninstall your old version of Arcsoft you should do so before installing this CAB. Otherwise my CAB is set up to delete the registry settings for Arcsoft for you.

2: Install my Security Policy Lifter CAB (you may or may not need this depending on the ROM you use) and reboot your device.

3: Now choose a CAB to install your options are below. Obviously reboot your device after installation.

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 QVGA

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 WVGA

Arcsoft 5.2.8.45 VGA

To use these CABs for your Carrier you will need to edit the registry to get the most out of your Carriers settings like UI settings, ports, and send/receive sizes. Locations you will need to change and fill in certain values depending are listed below.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\SizeLimit]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader] <--GSM server
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2] <--CDMA server
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\GSM] <--GSM server
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\CDMA] <--CDMA server

Make sure that after installing an Arcsoft CAB that you dont fall victim to the WAP type bug this link will explain what happens and what it is and how to fix it.

If it doesnt install soft reset your device and try again. Do not check messages first just reboot and install.

Thanks

john