Droid 2 Global unlock code

Search This thread

wondereye

Feb 23, 2011
I know a lot of people are talking about the turbo sim, but I am really not into the sim patch. I really like this phone, but also need it SIM unlocked.

Since I am on Page Plus, there's no way for me to get an unlock code from Verizon.
I question is, is there anyone ever unlocked Droid 2 Global by 3rd party vendor's unlock code? I was searching web and ebay, and did found some people.
Do all 3rd party vendor's unlock codes fail, or some of them work and some don't?

Please let me know your experiences. Thank you!

War-Rasta

Oct 6, 2009
Santo Domingo
LG V60 ThinQ
I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.

Reactions: nam.ngohoai

XtriFe

May 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
Yeah, im guessing the code MAY or may NOT work IF you're in the US ( as it can reach verizons network). Otherwise it just seems like theres no way it would work. Mine would come up with a "network unlock unsuccessful" as soon as i entered the code, like seriously, right away.

Also, lol @ "social hacking"
xD

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
I actually got in touch with 2 different 3rd party code vendors and they both gave me the same 2 codes. I had also managed to get Verizon to give me the codes themselves without having the phone activated with them (it involves a little social hacking and a lot of luck). The thing is that Verizon gave me 3 unlock codes, 2 of which were the same that the vendors had given me.

Long story short, I couldn't unlock the phone even with the codes I got from Verizon (one of them was different from what the vendors had given me). I am not currently in the USA and apparently the phone needs to connect with the Verizon network to complete the unlock. I don't know if you really need to have the phone activated with Verizon at the time that you enter the unlock code or if you just need the phone to be able to reach the Verizon network.

I will be going to the USA next month and will be trying this out but it'll be around mid April before I'm able to post my results.

When I unlock mine, I was outside US, outside of VZW network reach. But I guess mine was one of the not specially locked ones. They say the first batch wasn't tampered with (I got mine in the week of release, as soon as it was available at retail VZW stores)

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Don't make me hate you! lol

I'm sorry if you get it this way. No, absolutely not, I am not teasing anyone, believe me, despite mine being unlocked already, I am still researching a solution of this problem. The turbosim idea was actually mine if you guys have been following it since the unlocking troubles started. The turbosim is the noob-style solution. I am pretty sure we can address the "locks" with some gsm shop equipment, just as for many other phones, motorola and other brands. The problem comes this is US only phone available in US only. Only if it was made available to "the old continent" for example, it would have been torn apart million times by now, every bit of it exposed, figuratively speaking.
Too bad time flies, soon D2g will be forgotten. I can tell you I am ditching mine as soon as Droid 3 with appropriate for my carrier GSM/UMTS/LTE bands is released. I can't pass by 4 inch screen and 5 row qwerty portrait slideout kb, as well as, I guess, some dual core madness with lots of ram under the hood too. Sorry I went way too off topic....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

XtriFe

May 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
Yeah, as much as i hate Motorola's decision favouring a locked bootloader, I think im gonna go with the Droid 3 after this one. In my opinion, theres no other phone model/series that

1. Has a qwerty keyborad
2. Looks good
3. Has good build quality
4. Doesnt have a Win7phone-like price tag :p

Seriously, i wish the Xperia Pro looked DECENT at least.

the-light

May 11, 2008
Nokia 8.3 5G
I'm sorry if you get it this way. No, absolutely not, I am not teasing anyone, believe me, despite mine being unlocked already, I am still researching a solution of this problem. The turbosim idea was actually mine if you guys have been following it since the unlocking troubles started. The turbosim is the noob-style solution. I am pretty sure we can address the "locks" with some gsm shop equipment, just as for many other phones, motorola and other brands. The problem comes this is US only phone available in US only. Only if it was made available to "the old continent" for example, it would have been torn apart million times by now, every bit of it exposed, figuratively speaking.
Too bad time flies, soon D2g will be forgotten. I can tell you I am ditching mine as soon as Droid 3 with appropriate for my carrier GSM/UMTS/LTE bands is released. I can't pass by 4 inch screen and 5 row qwerty portrait slideout kb, as well as, I guess, some dual core madness with lots of ram under the hood too. Sorry I went way too off topic....

it feels to me after reading this discussion , buying the d2g was somewhat of a mistake...?
btw' as far as i know the bootloader codes has been leaked , and some groups started stripping it.

War-Rasta

Oct 6, 2009
Santo Domingo
LG V60 ThinQ
@leobg: I was only joking with my comment, I didn't mean for you to take it seriously. I've seen your posts around here and you know you're all about helping so props to you!

@the-light: I believe the codes turned out to be fake.

mmaiolo81

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2008
Tampa, FL
sorry if this is a redundant question, but if VZW gives the unlock code... will it then work on AT&T?

XtriFe

May 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
as far as i know, it wont. It will be unlocked to use on any GSM carrier outside the US, as AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. network IDs are blocked and that block is unrelated to the SIM lock.

pjrech

Jun 2, 2006
Porto Alegre, RS
www.nexti.com.br
Last edited:

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Jonny, pm CellZealot, he might be able to help you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably, it only works for those phone that haven't been blocked by VZ.

This method works for all D2G phones. I successfully unlock D2G phone that can't be unlocked by code from Verizon support.

Yeah, im guessing the code MAY or may NOT work IF you're in the US ( as it can reach verizons network). Otherwise it just seems like theres no way it would work. Mine would come up with a "network unlock unsuccessful" as soon as i entered the code, like seriously, right away.

Also, lol @ "social hacking"
    xD

When I unlock mine, I was outside US, outside of VZW network reach. But I guess mine was one of the not specially locked ones. They say the first batch wasn't tampered with (I got mine in the week of release, as soon as it was available at retail VZW stores)
    Not really .. u can try eBay and record the process (make sure u show the imei and the unlock code CLEARLY) , and they will refund u if u weren't from the lucky ones who can get it unlocked without Verizon .. (i tried it)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium