abrarabbu

Jul 23, 2009
Toronto
Last edited:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Hello,
I was flashing between roms and kernals, later I realised my efs gone bad with null.
I didnt make a backup before hand, now I am stuck.

Anyone please use any of the following links from below and send me the backup, will really appreciate it.

Thank you!
G900T

That's not good. I'm not sure you can do anything at this point if the efs partition is messed up. Even if I upload a backup, it'll be of my IMEI and serial, not yours.

Reactions: abrarabbu

abrarabbu

Jul 23, 2009
Toronto
That's not good. I'm not sure you can do anything at this point if the efs partition is messed up. Even if I upload a backup, it'll be of my IMEI and serial, not yours.

Can you please send me.
I need my phone working right now.
I will make sure I get jtag done on it as soon as I get back to Toronto.
I am back home, and this thing is driving me crazy.
And no worry I am in India now.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Can you please send me.
I need my phone working right now.
I will make sure I get jtag done on it as soon as I get back to Toronto.
I am back home, and this thing is driving me crazy.
And no worry I am in India now.

Even if I send you my EFS partition, it won't fix your problem. It will have my IMEI and serial number. I'm pretty sure changing your IMEI is illegal anyway.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Take to some repair shops that write to NAND with your original IMEI. No offense, but no person in the right sense of mind would give you their EFS or IMEI. Be warned... it is ILLEGAL to change IMEIs.

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Reactions: abrarabbu and aooga

abrarabbu

Jul 23, 2009
Toronto
Its been made illegal in India some time back... The issue there started with cheap Chinese phones flooding market with duplicate IMEIs making it hard to track anti social elements.

So it IS illegal in India too.

Thak you everyone for help.

I flashed it through kies and to my surprise it is fixed..

Thanks again

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Take to some repair shops that write to NAND with your original IMEI. No offense, but no person in the right sense of mind would give you their EFS or IMEI. Be warned... it is ILLEGAL to change IMEIs.

Good advice, but the last part is wrong. It may be illegal to change an IMEI.. that varies depending on where you are located and in some cases why you are changing it. It is not illegal in many jurisdictions and in fact factory authorized service dealers change IMEIs all the time. AFAIK it is not illegal anywhere to restore your original IMEI, which is what you should be striving to do anyway.

However as you might appreciate, threads about IMEI modification are emphatically discouraged and not infrequently locked on XDA due to abuse. Or the potential for the same. It's not a subject that we should be discussing at length other than to briefly suggest that an OP restore a backup if possible. Or seek a reputable repair shop otherwise.

Anyway, glad that the OP managed to resurrect his phone (even with the annoying thread title). Sounds like he had a backup (in Kies) that he didn't realize. And therein is the most important message - everyone should have a full backup of their phone, including the EFS.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts