[RECOVERY] [6/21/11] ClockworkMod Recovery

Search This thread

forgiven90

May 8, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Thanks for all the fine posts...when I run the "flashboot flash recovery cwm-recovery-vivow.img" in window 7 cmds I get this message "error: cannot load 'cwm-recovery-vivow.img'" any sugg?
I have all the adb tools and fastboot files and cwm together in the same folder....I suspect drivers??

EDIT...JUST GOT IT!!!!! WHOOP! I just changed the cmd to: "fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.0.8-vivow.img" and it worked ...

Last edited:

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH
my rom manager wants to update my CWM to 4.0.0.8. Can I allow it to do so or do I need to use the manual method listed in this thread?

dg4prez

Apr 16, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I installed the version requested by rom manager. Looks like this one is orange, and doesn't say "for alpharevx."

What's the difference between the two, if any?

tonemand

Jul 6, 2010
Chicago
I installed the version requested by rom manager. Looks like this one is orange, and doesn't say "for alpharevx."

What's the difference between the two, if any?
The bootloader is the one that says "AlphaRevX" at the top. The ClockwordMod Recovery is separate. ROM Manager is made by the folks who make the recovery, and that is the only thing it will update (aside from installing mods as well), not the bootloader.

jonathon2011

Sep 10, 2010
Warner Robins
The bootloader is the one that says "AlphaRevX" at the top. The ClockwordMod Recovery is separate. ROM Manager is made by the folks who make the recovery, and that is the only thing it will update (aside from installing mods as well), not the bootloader.

The recovery installed from using alpharev is blue and also says alpharev on the top.. I'm not sure there is a difference, but I would like to know as well..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App

spartan018

Apr 18, 2009
The 'Quick Backup and Restore' option in ROM Manager doesn't seem to work for me, anyone else having this problem?

happynoodleboyx

Feb 12, 2009
I got stuck at a recover without a "install zip from sdcard" Took me a while to find this and finally got recovery installed.

Android Flasher method to install ClockworkMod recovery

Download Android Flasher for Windows from here

Run Android Flasher and select "Recovery" (one of the options on the left). Navigate to the location of your and select it.

The phone should switch itself into Fastboot mode and install the clockworkmod recovery img for you.

http://androidtricks.net/htc-incredible-s-htc-incredible-2-s-and-permanent-root-alpharev-x-73

djh816

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2009
The recovery installed from using alpharev is blue and also says alpharev on the top.. I'm not sure there is a difference, but I would like to know as well..

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App

The original blue one was altered by alpharevx as it was the first version of Clockwork Recovery built for the Incredible 2. Now that they know the info though, koush's main code can be used. Koush's choice for colors is orange and therefor the OFFICIAL clockworkmod will be orange. The blue color was just an alteration done by alpharevx from the existing clockwork recovery code. In response to the person asking about updating to clockwork 4.0.0.8, mine updated fine and works fine on installs. I'm still trying to figure out though if it's the recovery or my own configuration issues which are preventing me from restoring my (succesfully) created backups. Hope this clears some things up though for you guys. It's all the same base code.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom ClockworkMod Recovery (v4.0.0.5) for the Inc2. Includes all the latest bells-and-whistles including EXT4 support. I've tested it, and it works beautifully.

You must be S-Off for it to flash.

Unzip and flash with fastboot:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwm-recovery-vivow.img
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

To enter recovery:

Code:
    adb reboot recovery

Thanks to attn1 for putting this together for us!

Enjoy!
    Im gettin blue balls over here with all this teasin...

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App
    Love this. You give us clockwork but we can't even s-off yet.
    What is the point?

So that it's available when S-OFF is released. That's really the same as:

"We have S-OFF but no recovery, so we can't safely load ROMs...what's the point of this?"
    This whole week has made me want to s__off my head!!!

I'm gonna have to go into "recovery mode" before I go insane watching this site.
    Custom ClockworkMod Recovery (v4.0.0.5) for the Inc2. Includes all the latest bells-and-whistles including EXT4 support. I've tested it, and it works beautifully.

You must be S-Off for it to flash.

Unzip and flash with fastboot:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwm-recovery-vivow.img
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

To enter recovery:

Code:
    adb reboot recovery

Thanks to attn1for putting this together for us!

Enjoy!
    You're welcome