WiFi Problems... Soultion Needed!

Search This thread

Zacman0311

Apr 15, 2012
Hello,

Got My HTC One X and already got some WiFi issues!

Ok basically to start things of my router is NetGear and everytime i connect my phone to the router it starts off really quick but after 20mins or so i cannot load the facebook website AT ALL websites such as Google or Youtube work fine (still a little slow) but cant connect to facebook! Its really starting to annoy me!

Please help me with a soloution! This is really frustrating and never had this problem with my HTC Desire and wondering how things can get worse?

Thanks In Advance!!

Zacman0311

Apr 15, 2012
Cant change Netmask or DNS2

Hello,

Thank you so much for the solution but how do i change the Netmask or DSN2... When i go onto advanced settings there isnt a netmask option but Network prefix length and when i go to add the forward slash to the DNS2 it removes the Save option so cannot change the settings?

Thank again for your help!

Kind Regards

Zac

Jun 20, 2011
I was experiencing issues with apps being able to refresh/load content on Wifi when it would work ok on mobile data.

What I did to fix this on mine was under Settings > WiFi > Advanced

Change Best Wi-Fi Performance to ON

Even though my signal was ok before it was having issues, now it does not. I haven't noticed any huge battery differences (yet)

Zacman0311

Apr 15, 2012
Thanks

When you say Restart your router/accesspoint do you mean unpluging it for 10 secs or more as i have tried that on many occasions but no luck... any other ideas? Thank you again

Thank you outofmyelement i have turned this on and already working but my battery life will tell if it is ok.. Hopefully there will be an update to fix this which will let my disable this option... Thanks Again!
Kind Regards

Zac

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
Hello,

Thank you so much for the solution but how do i change the Netmask or DSN2... When i go onto advanced settings there isnt a netmask option but Network prefix length and when i go to add the forward slash to the DNS2 it removes the Save option so cannot change the settings?

Thank again for your help!

Kind Regards

Zac

Hi,

use the ip from your router as dns and dns2.

with friendly greet

starbase64

Zacman0311

Apr 15, 2012

So just to double check when you say Ip from your router... do you mean the actuall router IP or the IP of the phone?

Thanks Again! Very grateful

Zac

Tiersten

Aug 5, 2010
When you say Restart your router/accesspoint do you mean unpluging it for 10 secs or more as i have tried that on many occasions but no luck... any other ideas? Thank you again
Yeah. If you've already done it then no need to do it again. Some routers/accesspoints have buggy firmware which means DHCP doesn't hand out IP addresses properly if it has been on for a long period of time.

adazamim

Sep 24, 2010
Cairo
Thank you all for solutions you suggested.
I know assigning a fixed IP for my One X on my router would solve the problem.
The problem is, I also connect to my work's router.
And dropouts/slowdowns still exist.

My home router is Cisco LinkSys WAG120N

Anyways, HTC are aware of this bug.
Hopefully a FOTA will release to solve miscellaneous bugs including
  • WiFi BUg
  • Battery life (misplaced apk file in stock-rom)

I know people starts having FOTA with software number: 1.27 to replace the 1.26 version.
Hope it rolls soon.

Thank you all again.

oftiklaus

Nov 26, 2008
Bucharest

At home I solved the issue by switching the router security encription type from WPA/WPA2
to WEP. No more dropouts since but still leaves the question what we do when we need to connect to a network encrypted with WPA. It's ridiculous asking around "...Pease be so kind, could you reconfigure you router settings, I've got a buggy HTC One X and need to connect...":banghead:
Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Reactions: adazamim

canna666

Jul 15, 2011
I haven't noticed this but every time I lock my phone WiFi turns off is there any way to stop this happening I tried the advanced WiFi setting but none seem to work on my stock hox, also I used WiFi tethering when I first got my phone thru USB teather and WiFi teather it worked fine but last night my internet was down at home so I teathered it but with no success for some reason it did not work both USB and WiFi teather failed to connect and USB was not detected on pc strangely Bluetooth wifi teather worked fine any idea what's happening?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts