[ROM][11/11/12][AT&T] - Stock Rooted I317UCALJ2 - Odex / De-Odex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
This rom just got me out of a jam...lol deleted my launcher..so I had to flash a nice stock...thank you

I hate asking but what's the difference between odex and deodex

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
Used Google and found this: http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/misc/what-do-odex-and-deodex-mean-the-all-inclusive-explanation/

I saw the classic ANDROID animation. I would guess the ROM comes with the ATT animation. Any way I can find that out ?
It comes with the AT&T Animation.

Reactions: Smartino666

powmars

Jun 16, 2010
It comes with the AT&T Animation.

20121112_162453.jpg

20121112_162459.jpg

20121112_162513.jpg

I took these three photos for the booting process of my note II. :(

No ATT for me

powmars

Jun 16, 2010
What did you do to it?

You must have hosed the boot.img which is not included with the ROM. There is a seperate link for it.

Flash that and you I am sure you will be fine.

Hi Scott,

I tried flash your unsecure boot img.zip and still no sweet.

I found one Chinese guy he has a ROM modified with UCALI6 which actually has the ATT's boot animation and the binary will be set to Samsung Official Too !! It boots up into the stock recovery and I will try triangle away to see if that will work.

Thanks again !

Scott

Hi Scott,

I tried flash your unsecure boot img.zip and still no sweet.

I found one Chinese guy he has a ROM modified with UCALI6 which actually has the ATT's boot animation and the binary will be set to Samsung Official Too !! It boots up into the stock recovery and I will try triangle away to see if that will work.

Thanks again !

Ok man, good luck with AT&T!

twistedsistem

Apr 16, 2009
Scott,

I was wondering if there was a way that you could post a stock non-rooted image. I have been doing fine until yesterday my home button started to stick in the down position. I need to take it back to AT&T so that I can get it replaced but I need to get the phone back to the stock image, recovery and with triangle away before I flash the stock I am going to reset the counter.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

powmars

Jun 16, 2010
Scott,

I was wondering if there was a way that you could post a stock non-rooted image. I have been doing fine until yesterday my home button started to stick in the down position. I need to take it back to AT&T so that I can get it replaced but I need to get the phone back to the stock image, recovery and with triangle away before I flash the stock I am going to reset the counter.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

I have the same situation as you do, man. Scott's ROM does not guarantee your flash counter to be set to 0 and your binary statue to Official even if you tried it with stock recovery and triangle away.

I found a stock ROM with initial ATT boot animation and will give you 0 count as well as official statue from a Chinese guy who does Smart phone importing and modify stock ROMs.

I will show you the results if interested.

powmars

Jun 16, 2010
Is it a fix that we can do ourselves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Yes, definitely you can do it.

What you need are the .tar file (contians the stock ROM, boot.img, stock recovery, stock kernel, stock baseband) and Chainfire's triangle away.

But the author also removed all ATT apps and samsung cloud App, you can get the apps from Scott's Removed From Lite 1.0 to make it more ATT stock. The other thing is the author changed the build number.

Ok man, good luck with AT&T!

Scott could you tell me about how to change the build number inside the .tar file in the system.img ?

Scott

You can use the initial root tool to restore stock recovery. That will set you flash counter to 2.

From there you can use Triangle away to reset the flash counter to 0.

Then unroot by running SuperSU and choose the "Unroot" option in settings.

I did it today and it worked fine.

You couldnt tell that I rooted and unrooted, etc...

Reactions: chris.l.naish

naomile

Sep 17, 2012
hi Scott, I have a big problem and really need the help. Mine is rooted via CWM with custom ROM now, everything is fine except that the creen is SCRATCHED by just using the Spen LOL I know it's kinda strange, it left light scratch marks, I want to return to ATT and exchange but when I did a nandoid backup it shows all the file in there something like more than 1gb for that backup, but when I tried to flash that backup it said no file available. download your file could really get me back to stock? Please help I am desperate right now. Thanks in advance

sling

Aug 7, 2007
Va Beach / Hatteras NC
hi Scott, I have a big problem and really need the help. Mine is rooted via CWM with custom ROM now, everything is fine except that the creen is SCRATCHED by just using the Spen LOL I know it's kinda strange, it left light scratch marks, I want to return to ATT and exchange but when I did a nandoid backup it shows all the file in there something like more than 1gb for that backup, but when I tried to flash that backup it said no file available. download your file could really get me back to stock? Please help I am desperate right now. Thanks in advance
A great thread to talk shop on getting you stock can be found - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1992303

Reactions: naomile

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
I flashed Clean Rom but cannot connect to LTE so I want to flash stock rom to see if I get it back.
I just flash this from Recovery just like I did Clean Rom I assume?
I did a back up of the stock rom with TWRP before flashing Clean rom if you think that is a better alternative.
Thanks for the help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is your basic Stock Rooted ROM

Based off AT&T release - I317UCALJ2

Features
    • Odex or De-Odex
    • Zip Aligned
    • Great for building your own ROM or fixing some "mistakes" you may make while you are rooted :highfive:
    • Boot.img is not included but can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1986811

ATT-NOTE2.png

Download HERE
    MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.
    Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give a link back to this thread or my website, www.scottsroms.com
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!
    Me too having problem looking for 4.1.1... Needed it for unlocking...
    Luckily, I found a working link...
    Here you go: stockroms (dot) net/file/GalaxyNote2/SGH-I317
    Just replace the (dot)...
    Good Luck!
    Can't wait to download this ROM. Does anyone have the stock recovery by any chance? I flashed I317 with international(N7100) recovery and it works. But triangle away still has 1 for flash counter. Any thoughts ?

Stock ROM, nothing special about it. IOts more for when you have an ooops moment or can be used as a base by other Devs until we get Odin Tar.MD5.

If you want to restore stock recovery just re-root with Chainfire root tools.

That will reload stock recovery.
    20121112_162459.jpg

I took these three photos for the booting process of my note II. :(

No ATT for me

If i was in your situation i would use odin and go back to complete stock.

EDIT: I had no idea this was a year old post. LOL well hopefully some one gets help from it some day.