At&t Lg Flex D950 Upgraded to Kitkat with Root retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

oscar786

Feb 15, 2008
Detroit MI
I have at&t LG Flex, rooted and than updated to kitkat, surprised was when it updated to Kikat and root was retained, I used all applications that require supersu and work like charm.

Follow this, If you did not upgraded root it with ioroot and don't unroot it, take OTA update and you will keep the root.

If you upgraded, downgrade it via lgflashtool method, root with ioroot and update ota and you will keep the root..Good Luck

Link to downgrade:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2644083

Last edited:

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
I have at&t LG Flex, rooted and than updated to kitkat, surprised was when it updated to Kikat and root was retained, I used all applications that require supersu and work like charm.

What did you do before hand? Cuz you're literally the only person so far i think. I tried everything and even went back to jelly bean 3 times trying to retain root with different programs. It would always error out on the update screen

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: softballjunkee13

oscar786

Feb 15, 2008
Detroit MI
Basically what I did was I rooted on JB and when KK update came, I removed root from superSu "unroot", I tried to upgrade to Kikkat and failed, so I did lgflashtool (you directed me by the way) and flashed it to JB, rooted again and kept the root and superSu..tried update from menu and went through and kept the root.

What did you do before hand? Cuz you're literally the only person so far i think. I tried everything and even went back to jelly bean 3 times trying to retain root with different programs. It would always error out on the update screen

Reactions: brittoking

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Basically what I did was I rooted on JB and when KK update came, I removed root from superSu "unroot", I tried to upgrade to Kikkat and failed, so I did lgflashtool (you directed me by the way) and flashed it to JB, rooted again and kept the root and superSu..tried update from menu and went through and kept the root.

Wow? So the secret is to do nothing lol? Thanks. Gonna try tonight

oscar786

Feb 15, 2008
Detroit MI
Just as proof

Attachments

• 1398396028545.jpg
    1398396028545.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 771
  • 1398396042842.jpg
    1398396042842.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 811
Reactions: brittoking

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Brittoking have you tried the xposed module root cloak then try the ota? Never know it might work.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

You know what...that's the one dang thing i didn't try lol. I even had it installed before upgrading. I will tonight

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Hello, did you try and was it successful, If yes,Please let others know to get root access through this procedure. Thanks

I was unable to try it out last night, ever since upgrading to kit Kat i can no longer choose which mode to connect (usb only, mtp, etc) so after flashing back the problem followed me which prevented me from running ioroot successfully. Luckily i had ordered a new flex yesterday from AT&T after their service center confirmed something was borked during the update, it'll be here Monday. Can't do anything till then.

christiansfreeman

Oct 8, 2012
can someone upload a kit kat update for flashtool

hey I bought my g flex a week ago. When I bought it it was on kit kat. I want it rooted so I just tried these steps downgrade with flashtools ... I click software update in phone and it is saying none is available im guessing its cause im not a at&t customer can someone upload the kit kat update thanks

Wait, wait, what?! Can someone explain it step my step brain-no-worky!

Which Jellybean? C? L? N?

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
hey I bought my g flex a week ago. When I bought it it was on kit kat. I want it rooted so I just tried these steps downgrade with flashtools ... I click software update in phone and it is saying none is available im guessing its cause im not a at&t customer can someone upload the kit kat update thanks

So far it's only available for AT&T so that's nothing to "upload". Without recovery for these phones there's no way to create roms from kit Kat source

hands0m3

Jun 1, 2008
Downgrade to 4.2.2 then root phone using ioroot then take the 4.4.2 update this is for att g flex only you should retain root

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Follow this, If you did not upgraded root it with ioroot and don't unroot it, take OTA update and you will keep the root.

If you upgraded, downgrade it via lgflashtool method, root with ioroot and update ota and you will keep the root..Good Luck

Link to downgrade:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2644083
    Brittoking have you tried the xposed module root cloak then try the ota? Never know it might work.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Pictures or it didn't happen.....

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium HD app